Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has done testing with an 06 TSX to see what the maximum cam angle would be with the new larger cams, pistons and 1mm larger intake valves? Would 45 degrees be too much? Im swapping a 06 k24a2in my type-s this weekend and was planning on swapping my type-s vtc 50 degrees for the 25 degree tsx vtc. Would this be a dangerous thing to do, even if the vtc was tuned to 40 degrees on k-pro?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has done testing with an 06 TSX to see what the maximum cam angle would be with the new larger cams, pistons and 1mm larger intake valves? Would 45 degrees be too much? Im swapping a 06 k24a2in my type-s this weekend and was planning on swapping my type-s vtc 50 degrees for the 25 degree tsx vtc. Would this be a dangerous thing to do, even if the vtc was tuned to 40 degrees on k-pro?
so you have a k20a2? you should be able to tune the vtc to 50 degrees on those cams since people put r-cams on those motors all the time.

i will be using a k20a type-r engine and use the 06 tsx intake cam also.

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
First off it's the exhaust valves that are 1mm bigger and that shouldn't have anything to do with valve to piston contact. The cams are the same as all but the 2009, which BTW are more sketchy. Hondata has done all the math in their "Tuning the TSX" page on their website. 50deg. is not safe even if you limit K-pro.........physical movement trumps digital input 100% of the time. If you do put the 50deg. on don't ever mis-shift. GL with the transplant!

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
A member here Supafly machined my VTC gear to 45deg. for about $100. He lives on the eastcoast. Good guy to deal with too!

·
Registered
13 Posts
First off it's the exhaust valves that are 1mm bigger and that shouldn't have anything to do with valve to piston contact. The cams are the same as all but the 2009, which BTW are more sketchy. Hondata has done all the math in their "Tuning the TSX" page on their website. 50deg. is not safe even if you limit K-pro.........physical movement trumps digital input 100% of the time. If you do put the 50deg. on don't ever mis-shift. GL with the transplant!
wrong, i'm very sure that the exhaust side is the same as the 05 and back as they share the same part number. the intake side is 1mm bigger hence the bigger cams. the intake manifold is also bigger too. pistons are different. oil passage is different. block is different internally also. i have seen 06 motors make over 5 lbs or torque more than a 04-05 k24a2. 06-08 generally make 190 plus lbs or torque to the wheels stock with rbc manifold. you don't even need cams if you have an 06 motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts