Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car info: stock 06 RSX-TypeS with only 60K miles on it. I dont drive it hard but every now and then I get on it...

Problem: Today when I got home I was parking and my car started hesitating like if something was wrong.. So as I backed my car up I revved it up a bit and it noticed that I it wouldn't rev past 5600 rpm.. Like if I am hitting my governor. I pulled out my obdII scanner and scanned the car and it says my max rpms are 5600 now and I cant go past that. Everything else checks out. No codes. All sensors are Green... I am thinking my computer is screwed or that it my need to be reprogrammed..

So if anybody can shine some light on the situation that would be great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will a dealer re-flash the ecu? If so how much? Question about k-pro... I am not to familiar with it but does k-pro have to be connected at all times or can it be used to just re-flash the ecu?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Figured out my issue:

I did some research on it and found that if your in neutral on DC5's you can only rev to 5600 rpms. It will do this until your gears engage then it will allow the full 8K+ rpm.

I noticed that I am not the only one with this issue so if that is not the problem then I would start by looking at wiring or tranny sensors that determines if your in netural or not.

I am still looking into what sensors and what wiring could cause this.. If I find anything I will let you know..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Figured out my issue:

I did some research on it and found that if your in neutral on DC5's you can only rev to 5600 rpms. It will do this until your gears engage then it will allow the full 8K+ rpm.

I noticed that I am not the only one with this issue so if that is not the problem then I would start by looking at wiring or tranny sensors that determines if your in netural or not.

I am still looking into what sensors and what wiring could cause this.. If I find anything I will let you know..
if the car is not moving and you rev it it won't rev past 5k this is normal in a dc5
is an engine protection feature, thre's nothing wrong with the vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts