Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 06 rsx type-s from a buddy. He slung a rod through the oil pan a few years ago. I have searched for days and can not find a definitive answer. I believe the head is still good. Can I use any other k20 or k24 blocks besides the z1 without having any issues or having to use kpro? Z1 engines are crazy expensive. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
I recently bought a 06 rsx type-s from a buddy. He slung a rod through the oil pan a few years ago. I have searched for days and can not find a definitive answer. I believe the head is still good. Can I use any other k20 or k24 blocks besides the z1 without having any issues or having to use kpro? Z1 engines are crazy expensive. Thanks in advance
You can use a K20a2 Block... No different....... But that's up to you.. It's an older block.. But has the same internals.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The proper thing to do is to take the head off and disassemble it, search for any metal shaving that could of gotten up there, clean it and put it back together. take off the vtec solenoid check it for metal shavings and clean its screen.

I keep a backup stash of parts incase of these events:

- K24z3 09 accord shortblock complete

- 04 k24a2 head complete

- k20z3 longblock complete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts