Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
428 Posts
Tis has been solved! Just to make it official. 6SPD_EK told me about this new adapter from Karcepts. I spoke with them and they said they have yet to advertise that it actually has the provision for the 06+TSX Manifold! Here's the pic that 6SPD_EK posted in a similar thread. It's upside down of course haha

Thread- http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61099
Very nice.

· Premium Member
2,030 Posts
I had 2006 manifold in my ep3 k24a2, I just turned my Iavc off in Kpro. To me it idles the same and I can't even notice the difference. Now I have the RRC manifold , still no iavc and idles smooth.
It depends on the adapter you have. The RSX TB with the 02-04 RSX TB adapter to 02-04 RBB mani works fine but on the 06+ RBB mani the same adapter leaves a gap between the Mani and adapter on the backside, so it's been resolved that this newer adapter blocks that gap. It's impossible to not have a leak when you have a huge gap inbetween the throttle body and manifold. It's like having a hole in your manifold and saying, "Yeah I get no leaks bro." It will affect idle even if you disable FIAC, won't matter if it's on or off because it's positioned after the leak. If you don't have a leak you must have the correct adapter, or very insensitive ears.

· Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Sorry I forgot to mention that I was using Karcepts Iavc block off plate to. Thats probably why I didnt notice any vacuum leakes on my 06+ with the older adapter plate.
Aaah, that makes sense.:like: There would be an opening in the back still but disabling the IACV would essentially render it moot in that case

· Registered
50 Posts
I have something very interesting to add to this thread!!!

Last weekend i picked up a 2007 K24A2, from one of the members on this board actually. Anyway, the engine had a couple of swapped parts on it, "INCLUDING" the throttle body. I have not had time to do any research on it yet, but my engine came with a cable operated K series throttle body that fits right on the newer tsx manifold...i am so curious to find out what throttle body it is. No adapter even needed :p

· Premium Member
2,030 Posts
I have something very interesting to add to this thread!!!

Last weekend i picked up a 2007 K24A2, from one of the members on this board actually. Anyway, the engine had a couple of swapped parts on it, "INCLUDING" the throttle body. I have not had time to do any research on it yet, but my engine came with a cable operated K series throttle body that fits right on the newer tsx manifold...i am so curious to find out what throttle body it is. No adapter even needed :p

It could be an Accord, or maybe eve a CRV but I can't be sure.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.