Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been searching for a few weeks now and haven't found any definite answers on this:

I have a complete 06 z1 swap including the harness and ecu in my 03 ep3. My car is at the honda/acura dealer right now and they are attempting to reprogram the ecu to accept the immobilizer code. Should I run into any problems with this? Do I need to repin any connectors such as C101 (2 row connector) to get this to fire up? If I do, does anyone know what to move where or is it just a color matching game?

·
Registered
246 Posts
So I've been searching for a few weeks now and haven't found any definite answers on this:

I have a complete 06 z1 swap including the harness and ecu in my 03 ep3. My car is at the honda/acura dealer right now and they are attempting to reprogram the ecu to accept the immobilizer code. Should I run into any problems with this? Do I need to repin any connectors such as C101 (2 row connector) to get this to fire up? If I do, does anyone know what to move where or is it just a color matching game?
i know ur speedo is not goona work. unless you have the dakota convertor or the hybrid convertor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that also and bought the converter box from dakota digital. I am just lost as to whether or not the C101 connector will mate up to the chassis. From what I understand, the other connectors A, B, and E should be fine since the ecu hooks straight to the engine through those 3 connectors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car started with immobilizer reprogrammed, however, the engine will not stay running when gas pedal is pressed. I have a code for the multiplexer. Going to check that wiring when I get home but anyone have any ideas??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Repinned connector E from the dash harness and it started up and idled fine. Still missing radiator fan control, reverse lock solenoid, and vss out wires on connector E. Also, abs and eps lights are on, heater doesn't work, fuel gauge needle moves too much, temp gauge is high all the time, and speedometer is reading zilch. I'll let you guys know if I can figure it all out. Please let me know if you have any tips.

·
Banned
700 Posts
if your in socal i can fix the wireing for you

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha...thanks for the offer but I'm a lot closer to SF. Any tips to get my gauges working right would be greatly appreciated though.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Kpro Ftw.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
There's a thread on hoe to repin it...I think rywire was the author

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What did you say about my mom? Nah, sorry if this is a noob question but what is HOE? I searched rywire's name and it seems like they rewire harnesses for monetary compensation and sell new harnesses.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was just kidding...but seriously, what is hoe? Not the garden tool or the chicken head...

Anyway, wired everything up and its running well now. Just need to figure out the o2 sensor wiring problem and it's done!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
doing basically the same swap into a 03 type s, however after repinning the eplug my fan controls work, I will be running the vss out to the 06 cluster I am putting into the 03 chassis and proving that it can be done without the converter box which is what everyone tells me, I beieve that you could put in a s2000 cluster and that will read the signal from the 06 tranny just fine. There is a thread on here from the Helms ETM that gives the exact pinouts for the ECU plugs and C101 should help you out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
dude....im doing the same thing...06 k20z1 in my 2005 ep3....get KPRO...TRUST...so easy and simple. it will get your car running for sure. and a k20a2 6 speed tranny. it bols right up and is i think the only tranny that is compatible with the k20z1 motor without having the speed sensor issue. so yeah man....get kpro for sure, your gonna regret not saving the money for it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
doing basically the same swap into a 03 type s, however after repinning the eplug my fan controls work, I will be running the vss out to the 06 cluster I am putting into the 03 chassis and proving that it can be done without the converter box which is what everyone tells me, I beieve that you could put in a s2000 cluster and that will read the signal from the 06 tranny just fine. There is a thread on here from the Helms ETM that gives the exact pinouts for the ECU plugs and C101 should help you out.
Thanks, I've got the fan working and the speedometer working with the converter box.

I'm getting codes p0135 and p0141 for the air fuel sensors still. I'm guessing its because I'm missing the secondary heated o2 sensor voltage pin (white wire) on C101 since I used the z1 harness and ecu. Can anyone tell me how to wire the o2 sensors up so I can get rid of these codes?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thanks, I've got the fan working and the speedometer working with the converter box.

I'm getting codes p0135 and p0141 for the air fuel sensors still. I'm guessing its because I'm missing the secondary heated o2 sensor voltage pin (white wire) on C101 since I used the z1 harness and ecu. Can anyone tell me how to wire the o2 sensors up so I can get rid of these codes?

you will need to get the e plug pinouts which has I believe most if not all of the o2 wires and then basically make your o2 harnesses to run to you sensors and that should fix your codes

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
LOL dude u crazy...I meant to say *how* not hoe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you will need to get the e plug pinouts which has I believe most if not all of the o2 wires and then basically make your o2 harnesses to run to you sensors and that should fix your codes
I repinned connector E already and still have these codes. Also, I just supplied 12v signal to the secondary o2 sensor heater and still have those codes! Maybe its the sensors themselves, no idea but I'll try checking them since I did hook up the ep3 ecu while connector E was pinned out wrong.:rolleyes: Any ideas?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts