Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
i am trying to do this swap in my ek. do anyone know on the 05-06 engine harness c101 connector is there a different in 02-04 c101 connector? anyone have a c101 connector pinout?

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,644 Posts
There are differences in the A, B and C101 connectors. I had a rough draft of what needed to be repinned but you'll have to buy pins now. I've only had luck pulling the pins from the C101 connector.

BTW, why the 05-06 harness? I chose it because I have to change some pinouts for my VSS anyway. I'll have high and low frequency VSS signals going through mine. I have the same VSS as the 05-06 RSX on my 06 Si tranny.

I'd recommend an 02-04 RSX-S (or EP3) harness for a standard swap (stock gauge cluster, 02-04 RSX/RSX-S or EP3 tranny, K-Pro made for the 02-04 RSX).

You can buy new pins and connectors from Sparkks, Rywire and possibly Hybrid Racing since they need the C101 and E connectors to make their harnesses.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
listen i will help anyone over the phone that is trying to do this that is serious about getting it done. i will not talk to people who are not knowledgble about wiring its frustrating and pointless, all of those who do not somewhat understand my write up or didnt do there swap themselves , please inquire about me doing it for you, its pricey but worth it. others that are confident you could do it yourself pm me with your phone number.

·
Registered
116 Posts
like i said for my method to work you need the following

05-06 tranny
05-06 engine harness
02-04 kpro with the jumper harness (both have to be from hondata no home made jumper harnesses/kpro) will work
02-04 hybrid racing conversion harness

this works for ek/dc2/eg i have not done this on any 02+ civic or rsx so i cannot verify if it works.if i do one ill post what you need for it , should be just some moving of wires around and everything listed but the hybrid racing harness.

if you want this to work in your car you must get the things i listed or i CANNOT help you.
ok so im in the process of getting all this....im dropping a k20z1 in a eg, so far i have the 05-06 engine harness and hybrid racing conversion harness...now its time to get the k-pro...i want to make sure i know exactly which k-pro i need to get to make this work....can u clarify that for me??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
you need to send kpro your 02-04 rsx ecu, tell them its for an 05 rsx type s they will convert your ecu to kpro and send you a jumper harness for your 05 engine harness.

ok so im in the process of getting all this....im dropping a k20z1 in a eg, so far i have the 05-06 engine harness and hybrid racing conversion harness...now its time to get the k-pro...i want to make sure i know exactly which k-pro i need to get to make this work....can u clarify that for me??

·
Registered
5 Posts
where in florida are you located at in florida, i am in orlando, i have a 95 eg coupe, do you do swaps also, or just wiring, i can come to you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i got everything on my car working fine myself, speedo, fuel, everyting. if anyone in the GTA area needs the wiring done, i can do it for u.

·
Registered
85 Posts
yes please do, i should be starting mine up soon without any wiring mods. should start right up then on to the speedo etc.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Unless im missing something this is basically what I offer on my site for 100 bux...

You send me the 05 harness (z1) and I mod it to 02-04 spec... you decide what vss plug you want and it gets sent back. Its not a hard conversion whatsoever, thats why the price is low, and it gets done quick... Also, I have no idea why you would need the ecu jumper, just repin the plugs...

-Ryan

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Unless im missing something this is basically what I offer on my site for 100 bux...

You send me the 05 harness (z1) and I mod it to 02-04 spec... you decide what vss plug you want and it gets sent back. Its not a hard conversion whatsoever, thats why the price is low, and it gets done quick... Also, I have no idea why you would need the ecu jumper, just repin the plugs...

-Ryan
the reason for the jumper harness is kpro puts a signal converter in the kpro ecu so when you click on 05 speedo in kpro it goes to high freq rather than low, simply moving the wires around will do nothing, how to you convert the signal for the 05 speedo?

·
Registered
85 Posts
got everything in place, pump turns on just fine....set FPR to about 47-49psi (correct?).

its not firing up how many rpms req. to crank her up? i get around 150 could it be the batt? i just pulled it out of another sitting car and cranked for about a total of 4-5 mins all together/messed with kpro, using the k20a2-2005 kal.

...hopefully something simple to beat to try anything else right now.

·
Registered
152 Posts
hi everyone im a newb so im not sure whether to im posting in the right section.

Ive just gone through the whole thread but everyone is mentioning the vss but no one has talked about how to overcome the opposite motion in the 05 tranny??? Im right in thinking the 05 tranny is from the k20z models???

Gary

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
hi everyone im a newb so im not sure whether to im posting in the right section.

Ive just gone through the whole thread but everyone is mentioning the vss but no one has talked about how to overcome the opposite motion in the 05 tranny??? Im right in thinking the 05 tranny is from the k20z models???

Gary
That's right, but what "opposite motion" are you talking about? There is nothing internally different about the gears direction of rotation in any k-series tranny. That's why parts are interchangeable.

-Troy

161 - 180 of 199 Posts