Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
people on this thread:

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?p=337171

say something about using a tsx shifter + cable instead of the dc5 one becuase the opposite motion???
They're talking about the shifting issues of a k20z3 tranny, 06-09 Si. That's a totally different issue with trying to use that tranny for a swap. The mount is different as well. This thread is about the k20z1, 05-06 Type-S, tranny swap. The only issue with it is getting the VSS converted to a usable form, which has been figured out. Hybrid Racing actually has a plug in play convertor for it now. Hit up russHR or Iggy about one if you need it, tell them I sent you and they'll hook you up.

-Troy

·
Registered
85 Posts
helpp swap isnt starting...

i dont have my primary o2 sensor attached at all since i need an o2 bung welded on my header would this cause it not to start?

Also i once thought it was the charge harness connection, so i attached a 80a inline fuse to where the batt. runs to the starter...and after a few cranks it blew?

the car started up once for a few seconds and died during my 2 or 3 attempt and never again.

any ideas?

setup:
98 EK
hybrid racing pnp harness + mounts
'05 k20z1 engine/trans + wireharness
05-06 kpro w. adapter
fuel pump grounded (per itr instructions)

:(

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
helpp swap isnt starting...

i dont have my primary o2 sensor attached at all since i need an o2 bung welded on my header would this cause it not to start?

Also i once thought it was the charge harness connection, so i attached a 80a inline fuse to where the batt. runs to the starter...and after a few cranks it blew?

the car started up once for a few seconds and died during my 2 or 3 attempt and never again.

any ideas?

setup:
98 EK
hybrid racing pnp harness + mounts
'05 k20z1 engine/trans + wireharness
05-06 kpro w. adapter
fuel pump grounded (per itr instructions)

:(
If you blew an 80 amp fuse after just cranking a few times, you have a dead short to ground somewhere. Check your wiring to make sure nothing is pitched or grounded that you missed. Not having the o2 connected may not let it run, but usually it would just throw a code for a faulty sensor. Check the crank sensor to make sure you're getting a signal as well.

-Troy

·
Registered
85 Posts
bah it was just bad gas, drained and filled fired right up :dance:

ill see if i can contribute somehow to this thread once i've got everything repinned.

·
Registered
47 Posts
so was wondering if i wanted to swap a 02-04tranny into a 05-06 would i have to swap pins or could i just run the vss to the speedo and just do reverse of what has been done, use a 02-06 harness and ecu

·
Registered
85 Posts
the reason for the jumper harness is kpro puts a signal converter in the kpro ecu so when you click on 05 speedo in kpro it goes to high freq rather than low, simply moving the wires around will do nothing, how to you convert the signal for the 05 speedo?
I would like to know also . An really its sounds easy , still waiting on the fuel pump wiring . Just to be clear everyone has discussed the hybrid harness now all this apply's to all harnesses ? I am running sparkks .Isn't the temp guage wire converted in the pnp harness?

this is what i got so far speedo wire ran from cluster to e 25 an tach to e 26 (on the hondata conversion harness)an ground out the fuel pump wire from the pnp harness relay.Please correct me if am wrong I will be doing this in 2 weeks.:up::up:

·
Registered
130 Posts
They're talking about the shifting issues of a k20z3 tranny, 06-09 Si. That's a totally different issue with trying to use that tranny for a swap. The mount is different as well. This thread is about the k20z1, 05-06 Type-S, tranny swap. The only issue with it is getting the VSS converted to a usable form, which has been figured out. Hybrid Racing actually has a plug in play convertor for it now. Hit up russHR or Iggy about one if you need it, tell them I sent you and they'll hook you up.

-Troy
the mount is different? you sure about that one?

·
Registered
85 Posts
do you have to move wires around for the fuel and temp gauge to work?

98ek - k20z1 - hybrid racing pnp harness - hondata w/ k20z1 conv. harness.

·
Registered
11 Posts
im doing a k24a4 swap in an ek w/ 02/04 head and engine harness. i have a 06 type s tranny.i have a hasport sub-harness.im going to use kpro. what kinda problems will i have with this swap using this tranny?

·
Registered
822 Posts
i reed most of this thread... and i was wondering if i'm using 02-04 harness with an 02-04 kpro. with an z3 tranny... if i could mod or swap the vss plug so it can work with an 05 vss. but in between the vss wire from the senor to the ecu you run a convert box like this one (http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46429) it will work?

·
Registered
40 Posts
ok this is getting me upset.

im using a dakota digital VSS converter.
i have an 02-04 rsx type s..
02-04 engine harness, dash harness and kpro
i rewired my 02-04 VSS plug to run my 05/06 tranny.

installed converter under the dash...
tapped power to E2 12v source..
grounded converter to dash frame
cut VSS wire and used input from VSS
and used output 1 to ECU...

NOW... kpro and dash both read 60mph when im going no faster than maybe 4mph... what is it that i need to do?

·
Registered
5 Posts
that's amazing idk how he got it to work I changed all mine to 02-04 lol the wiring an every:frage:thing if I knew this I would of brought my car to u asap an saved a lot of $$

·
Registered
40 Posts
You still need the converter for the speedo.

The speedohealer converts the signal for both the cluster and ecu.. In your case, u need it just for the cluster. Unless u find yourself a 05/06 Rsx or s2000 cluster. Than u really don't need the speedohealer

·
Registered
40 Posts
D, F, H, and B series cHassis use the same VSS PPM signal as 02-04 Rsx, and ep3 trannies.

So if u have a 02-04 ecu and tranny your speed sensor will work fine without a converter. Once u mix a k20z1 or k20z3 ecu or tranny. You will need the converter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What he is referring to is the built in VSS converter so that the ecu can dicipher the speed for it's own purposes. (VTC Gearing, launch control, etc.) afaik, the ecu doesn't have a VSS output signal that dumbs down the PPM for an eg cluster.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a k24/20 with 06 z1 trans in a 94 eg. I am using the 02-04 engine harness and sparkks racing conversion harness. I need a vss converter for this correct?

181 - 199 of 199 Posts