Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
upon all of the confusion of using the 05 tranny in an older car i decided to write this to try and explain a few things.

from what everyone thinks they know including what hondata says the 05 vss may run to the ecu on a different type of signal, but it does not run on a different signal from the ecu to the cluster on a different signal.

i currently have a 94 integra that many of you have prolly already seen. i am running a 04 k20a2 05 tranny , 05 wiring harness, and an 04 ecu with kpro and the conversion harness from hondata.

currently all of my gauges work prefectly fine. including the vss which i clocked next to an 06 rsx to get an exact match to rpm and speed.

no correction had to be made in kpro besides selecting the 05 vss option.

this is important for those of you going to try this, THIS IS NOT A DIRECT PLUG AND PLAY.

05 wiring is very different in many ways. you have to move several wires on your engine wiring harness at the ecu to make all these sensors work , you must have 04 and 05 wiring diagrams for the pinouts and have extensive wiring knowledge to make this happen.

that being said, wires to be moved are at the ecu and ecu only you do not have to move any wires in the bay or under the dash. its a total of about 6 wires.some need to be moved on the conversion harness itself and some on the engine harness.

there is also a wire to be moved for those of you who are having problems getting your fuel pump to prime rather than grounding it out and letting it run.

and please do not pm me unless you intend to hire me to do this for you.
all questions and answers should be made in the thread.so everyone can have knowledge on this conversion.i will be posting pictures and video of this so everyone can see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc1yaXoDisw

:::::Edit::::

For this to work in any car with an 05 tranny you MUST have an 05 harness, 02-04 ecu with the 05 kpro and jumper harness combo conversion from hondata.or else it will not work , im not very fimiliar with aem ems but jon v tells me there is a converter already inside for the different signals so its possible that this will work with an aem ems.but i cannot say forsure until i find one i can use for testing. later this week ill be doing some more testing to try and help the people that do not have this conversion.please keep in mind this testing is very time consuming and pricey.so be patient. please read this thread all the way through before pming me with any questions. thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have changed my wiring on the pin outs for the ecu. what else do I need to do to get the vss to work.

thanks

Jeff
sarasota,fl

·
Registered
20 Posts
K I HAVE A K20Z1 SWAP IN A 96-98 EK HYBRID HARNESS 05-06 CONVERSION HARNESS AND 05-06 K-PRO DO U KONW WHAT WIRES HAVE TO BE MOVED AROUND MY FUEL PUMP DOES NOT WORK AND THE RELAY ON THE HYBRID HARNESS GETS HOT AND MELTED 2 WIRES DO NOT KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO HELP PLEASE ...............:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm running the same set-up, '05 tranny in my 95 integra. But, using the S2000 gauge cluster. I know there's a wire going in to the ecu from the VSS and a wire going out for the cluster. Is the signal of the VSS different when it come's back out? I thought it was the same, unless K-pro changes it.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Willing to fly out for a wiring job? are you that good? LoL, but seriously

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jon v said:
Willing to fly out for a wiring job? are you that good? LoL, but seriously

yes im that good and yes im willing to fly out ive done it several times for certain swaps and wiring jobs.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
crxsirb16a1 said:
yes im that good and yes im willing to fly out ive done it several times for certain swaps and wiring jobs.
PM'd... :up:

·
Registered
677 Posts
I am not sure if I misread anything, but whats the asking price for you to wire it up?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
please everyone if you want a price qoute pm me , when you send the pm please include year/make/model of vehicle year and make of motor and tranny, what year engine harness you have and what subharness you have , also include if you are using aem ems or k-pro.

a location will help also thanks.

·
Registered
732 Posts
ok this should be stickyed............ive been tryin to find out this foreever

·
Registered
732 Posts
1 - 20 of 199 Posts