Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( well guys i need help i dont know nuttin about the k series motors... this tuesday that past (1-1-05)i broke a piston in my b18a LS dont feel like rebuilding the motor... i have a Si k series motor laying around... i was wondering what are the things i need to make this swap possible (i have complete front suspension, wiring, ecu) cause once again i dont know jack.... would i have to custom make my own mounts or weld the motor in...and could i use the same axels that tha k series have? do i need to get the smaller version radiator... could i use the same shift linkage (if the k series carrys them) ....would the harness connect right to the car.......PLEASE HELP ME OUT????

1990 crx with LS (1993) non vtec on spray (150) best timing 12.8 1/4 mile

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome to the Site!

Most of the information pertaining to the ef K series swaps can be found here.. http://www.k20a.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1281..

You need to use the rsx linkage,a mix of B series and rsx axles.The k series harness is one piece from the engine to the ecu "a" and "b" plug and the "c101" plug and doesnt plug into any of your chassis' factory engine harness,though you may want to keep the chassis side harness intact.You will have to integrate new wires from the ecu "e" plug and harness "c101" plug to the factory under dash harness for ecu power,ground,cluster etc..
The mount kits for the swap havent been releases,so if you cannot wait,youll need to fab up some mounts to get the engine in the bay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.