Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't been on k20a.org for a long time. I see alot people still having problems mph on 02-04 harness kpro ecu and s2k not working. I'm going to show you Guys a simple way to make everything work !

Parts needed

05-06 tranmission with 05-06 senser
Radio shack - +5V Fixed-Voltage Regulator 7805 ( cost $1.80 )
Maybe add S2k cluster

All you have to Repin the plug at the tranny and add the voltage Regulator!
When done it's going to look like this -->

(02-04 Rsx harness)
Step 1: Remove all the pins out of plug on the tranny. Going to have 3 wires, 1. Black , 2. Black/yellow, 3. White/green.

This where you going to add the voltage regulator

Bend the pins like this

With a knife cut a small part of black wire and connect middle pin of voltage Reg. This wire is the ground

On the out side of the voltage Reg. Cut Black/yellow wire and solder the wire on each end. It doesn't matter on which pin u use. - what we doing is Control voltage that is on the black/yellow wire. 02-04 harness n ecu send 12v though this wire! 05-06 needs 5v!

For protection all the wires I use high temp silcone

(02-04 rsx harness )
Last part
The white/green wire is signal. Repin the 3 wires back the plug. In this order
1.Black -Ground
2.white/Green =Signal
3.Black/yellow +5v

(05-06 si harness )
1.Black/white -Ground
2.black/Green =Signal
3.Black/yellow +5v

( 2005+ up RSX )
Blue = signal
Green -Ground
Yellow +5v

All done, it should look like this!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Good stuff, did you shave down the plug for it to fit? Ima try this

·
Registered
16 Posts
So this convert the signal for the kpro to read it? Or does it just help the mph?..And I thought the signal for 05+ tranny r the right signal for the s2000 cluster?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So this convert the signal for the kpro to read it? Or does it just help the mph?..And I thought the signal for 05+ tranny r the right signal for the s2000 cluster?
This for people who has 02-04 harness and is using 05-06 tranny who wants to get mph signal for the kpro or s2k. Or whoever has a 05-06 tranny to work with kpro!

·
Registered
177 Posts
When u did this..is the wiring from the s2k cluster to the dash harness the same that everyone is doing or does it change..this exactly what I was getting by someone here but they never finished it so now I have a ap2 cluster that has power but I'm not getting a reading on the temp and speed..I had a a2 tranny and the guy swapped out the casing n put a 06+SI casing with the a2 gears in it still..n I bought a speed sensor from the dealer..so I'm trying to figure what I need to wire to make this work n have it functional..

Does the wiring from the cluster to the dashboard harness change?
What does it need to b done to finish this..

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When u did this..is the wiring from the s2k cluster to the dash harness the same that everyone is doing or does it change..this exactly what I was getting by someone here but they never finished it so now I have a ap2 cluster that has power but I'm not getting a reading on the temp and speed..I had a a2 tranny and the guy swapped out the casing n put a 06+SI casing with the a2 gears in it still..n I bought a speed sensor from the dealer..so I'm trying to figure what I need to wire to make this work n have it functional..

Does the wiring from the cluster to the dashboard harness change?
What does it need to b done to finish this..
I did this back in 2006!
http://www.streetfire.net/video/s2k-cluster-in-eg-hazardclub_34600.htm

You have a 05-06 tranny right?
Wire up the senser like this
Top 1.- Ground
Middle 2. Signal = from senser to Ecu connector A (Pin 18)
Bottom 3. Run a +12v wire to senser and add volt Reg to change it to +5v!

And if you want S2k mph to work, send a wire from cluster(AP1 - C3)(AP2 - B7) to the ecu pin ( A18 ) !!:up:

Let me know how it works :)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I did this back in 2006!
http://www.streetfire.net/video/s2k-cluster-in-eg-hazardclub_34600.htm

You have a 05-06 tranny right?
Wire up the senser like this
Top 1.- Ground
Middle 2. Signal = from senser to Ecu connector A (Pin 18)
Bottom 3. Run a +12v wire to senser and add volt Reg to change it to +5v!

And if you want S2k mph to work, send a wire from cluster(AP1 - C3)(AP2 - B7) to the ecu pin ( A18 ) !!:up:

Let me know how it works :)
can what u said be done on a k20z3, 06 type s trans and a oem civic cluster? no kpro for now but soon to be in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Aaron I think this needs to go to the DIY section.

On another note... If you have a S2K cluster none of this is needed. Wire the S2000 cluster to the VSS wire and use the S2K cluster's 'VSS Output' pin to send a wire to pin A18 VSS at the ECU plugs.

The S2K Cluster will read the high frequency input, and dumb it down, send it to the RSX ECU.

Had this is my car, tried, working.

My question is though.......... so your saying that a $2.00 part from Radio Shack replaces all the Speedohealer, yellow jacket VSS, and other converters?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

On another note... If you have a S2K cluster none of this is needed. Wire the S2000 cluster to the VSS wire and use the S2K cluster's 'VSS Output' pin to send a wire to pin A18 VSS at the ECU plugs.

The S2K Cluster will read the high frequency input, and dumb it down, send it to the RSX ECU.

Had this is my car, tried, working.

My question is though.......... so your saying that a $2.00 part from Radio Shack replaces all the Speedohealer, yellow jacket VSS, and other converters?

I did this write up for mph on kpro to work and get chance to use Launch control !! I havnt try it with oem civic cluster because I have a s2k cluster.

I just show you what a 2.00 part from radio shack can do ! :up::dance::up:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

You should try it ?
What tranny are you useing ?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I did this write up for mph on kpro to work and get chance to use Launch control !! I havnt try it with oem civic cluster because I have a s2k cluster.

I just show you what a 2.00 part from radio shack can do ! :up::dance::up:
Time out, i need a s2k cluster for this to work?

1 - 20 of 114 Posts