Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I hope I can find some insight on here. I bought a brand new kpro v4 from HPT motorsports to include the purchase of a prb ecu core. Yesterday I found the opportunity to install the KPRO, and the correct o2 sensor from and 02-04 RSX. when I loaded the k20z1 calibration an drew started the care there was a CEL. the CEL was for "primary o2 sensory activity not detected". Also notice that when data logging the o2 sensor shows it is getting 0 volts. So this morning I contact HPT motorsports about the problem and they forwarded me to Hondata for assistance. I spoke to a gentleman named Matt in technical assistance he and came off as if I was a neusance for calling. I started the convo with the code and advised that I installed a brand new Denso 234-9005 to which he replied "that means nothing to me." I thought this was odd since it was relevant to my convo, but continued non the less. I was advised that my sensor was incorrect, so after work I proceeded to purchase another $160 primary o2 to see if I at first bought a faulty unit. With the new eco s sensor I installed I had the same issue. Hondata' next suggestion was to fin another local car to try my KPro in. First, there are not many local 05/06 Rsx cars to me and second, what stranger is going to let me rip apart their car and install a different ECU? I was just surprised with the lack of help I got from Hondata and was basically told that if this still caused the problem then I would need to take it up with the supplier HPT. Anyway, I was wondering if anybody had any actually advice or help. Thanks in advance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts