Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I cut open my RBC today I wanted to test fit it. So I did and with a flash light and a feeler gauge I was able to clearly see and feel the the ports on the RBC where smaller. So I got to work and fixed the problem by port matching and finsihed porting my RBC.

When I get tuned I am going to have the tuner tune with a stock RBC, then switch to my ported RBC, and test my ported 04 TypeS manifold. That will make a good dyno sheet. 65mm TB will be used.

I just want to give people including myself what is the best manifold to run on a mild NA 2L build with stage 2 cams and a 90000rpm redline. Of course the bolt ons will be on the higher quality side.

-IPS K2s
-Rcrew Header
-Ported RBC
-custom 3" exhaust that has no bends in it until it goes under the rear subframe then it 90s
-Kpro
-Mild cylinder head port and polish
-port matched head to IM
-3" CAI
-Blueprint I-beam rods
-OEM R 11.7 compression
-ground wire kit
-PS/AC Delete
-65mm TB

I am aiming at 240whp on my tuners dyno, that reads as lower than a dynojet. I know I am putting in my best effort to match my parts up as perfect as possible to get the best HP and TQ for my NA 2L. The engine will be capable of reving past 9K all I have to do is change the oil pump. IF it looks like I can make more power up top with my port work then I will invest in a modified S2K pump and go for 9600rpm.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
So your revving to 90000rpm! Damn! in for results:p

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its coming. the engine is being pulled out tomorrow and put on the stand for break down.

Crank and bare block are going to the machine shop

Finished my ported RBC and ported Type S manifold

Waiting for Hybrid Racing Chain tensioner

Need to port the head...going for a mild port job with stock valves

TB has been shipped to Maxbore

I need to to is upgrade my oil pump and I am sure i could hit abive 9000rpm

Ordering 24mm swar bar bushings tomorrow and making my own rear subframe support brace

My exhaust has no bends in it until it goes underneath the rear subframe. I am sure I will get killer exhaust flow with an Rcrew header and partial 3" exhaust. The exhaust tank is rasied 4".

It should be about three weeeks i will be on the dyno testing a stock RBC, ported RBC, and ported Type S manifold on my build.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Yes the ports are shaped differently and smaller. Port matching is essential.

Your engine sounds like a decent build that will last.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Yes the ports are shaped differently and smaller. Port matching is essential.

Your engine sounds like a decent build that will last.
man you're just full of good info!

most folks i seen with rbc just slap it on and still get gains.

i'm assuming the OP might see good gains with a 70mm tb with his rbc portmatched as well?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Port matching the head, gasket and mani is very easy to do with just a Dremel, a sharpie, and a few spare studs and nuts. I do at least a portmatch on every engine I have built. Some times the gains are only in drivability/throttle response, some times there are some whp gains as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts