Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son had bought a 03 Civic sir. Has the k20a3. The previous owner ran it low on oil. So the cam journals/ head is no good. I have a 03 rsx type s parts car with a good motor and tranny.
I’m with some reading. I’ve seen that it might be best to go with a 2.4 crv engine swap. What’s the best route to go? It wouldn’t be hard to find a crv doner. Also is everything direct bolt in? If not. What do I need? Beat trans for the application 5 speed or 6 from the rsx? What ecu do I use ? I know some sensors will need to be swapped. Just wondering what’s all involved in the swap. Sry if this is posted somewhere. I’ve been out of doing modifications for so long. Any help would be appreciated. Also. I only have a couple weeks to put a engine in and have the car driving. Thx

·
Registered
141 Posts
Depends what you want from the car. Since you already have a K series in there any other K series will be fairly easy to swap. You already have a K20a2 from the RSX you could use (~200 hp). A CRV K24a1 would give more low end torque but only ~160 hp. You could also look for a TSX with the K24a2 which would give you low end torque and ~200 hp. There are so many options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends what you want from the car. Since you already have a K series in there any other K series will be fairly easy to swap. You already have a K20a2 from the RSX you could use (~200 hp). A CRV K24a1 would give more low end torque but only ~160 hp. You could also look for a TSX with the K24a2 which would give you low end torque and ~200 hp. There are so many options.
After some thought. I’m going to use the rsx type s engine. Now as far as the ecu. Do I need to tune it. Or will it work plug and play?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the swap yesterday used the a2 harness using th a3 ecu till I can get to the dealer to pogram the key, I can only program 03+ with my scanners.
I left the ep3 exhaust on, but it is smaller! and also the O2 sensors look to be diff part numbers than the a2 . so I started it up and have a issue with the rpm bouncing from 1000-2000,with a o2 code. do I need to install the larger a2 exhaust and sensors?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re
I did the swap yesterday used the a2 harness using th a3 ecu till I can get to the dealer to pogram the key, I can only program 03+ with my scanners.
I left the ep3 exhaust on, but it is smaller! and also the O2 sensors look to be diff part numbers than the a2 . so I started it up and have a issue with the rpm bouncing from 1000-2000,with a o2 code. do I need to install the larger a2 exhaust and sensors?
repaired.All good now. Was able to program as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts