Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys how is it going ?i have a problem with my rsx .i cant get it to stop ideling no matter what i do i have cleaned out the iacv, make sure i flushed out the coolant and made sure there r no air .and by the way my setup is k20a2 head with k24a2 bottom block.also my vtech dont sound rite when it engages.it has like a weird poss before it takes off and sounds like something is rattling instead of a clean vroom lol i dont really know how to explain it but if some one out there can shaed some light please i will highly appreciate it.....

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,513 Posts
Hi guys how is it going ?i have a problem with my rsx .i cant get it to stop ideling no matter what i do i have cleaned out the iacv, make sure i flushed out the coolant and made sure there r no air .and by the way my setup is k20a2 head with k24a2 bottom block.also my vtech dont sound rite when it engages.it has like a weird poss before it takes off and sounds like something is rattling instead of a clean vroom lol i dont really know how to explain it but if some one out there can shaed some light please i will highly appreciate it.....
If you are hearing a funny noise when vtec engages I would take off the valve cover and look for anything loose under there. Possibly could be the vtc gear being old , lost motion assembly could be making noise that happens a lot to b series engines. Maybe try to take a video and upload to YouTube then link it here ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea it makes like a kinda cracking loose kinda noise right before vtech pops but when it gets pass like say 5800 rpm it goes back to normal and takes off then when i get close to 8000 just say bout 7000 it cut outlike if it goes in to limp mode

·
Registered
530 Posts
did you clean the IACV and checked that the rotor spins freely without any binding?
Just spraying brake cleaner into it won't do. You need to take the drive motor off and spin it to be able to properly clean the rotor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts