Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought this car with 200 miles on it. It currently has 136,000. It has been all up and down the east coast. From Honda Day in Jersey to trips home to New Orleans and all points in between. It started out with me leaving it alone. That lasted about two years. My neighbors were really into the car show scene and helped me get the bug again. Through ClubRSX I fell into a group that autocrossed and I went along not knowing what to expect. After that experience sitting at car shows just seemed silly compared to flogging the car. I graduated to road course action with multiple track days at Summit Point and VIR. This has taken over the build focus but I still attend meets like East Coast Honda Meet or local shows if time allows.

Mods:
Engine: DC CAI, Mugen header, Mugen exhaust, Type R cams, PRC intake manifold, Hondata gasket, Hondata K Pro (Tuned at RLZ), S2000 valve springs (IPS recommended set up), A/C delete, cruise delete, battery and fuse box tuck.

Transmission: Wavetrac LSD, 4.7 FD, Exedy organic stage 1 clutch, Type R flywheel, Civic clutch master cylinder, Downstar clutch line.

Suspension: Tein SS-P, Type R aluminum front lca, Hardrace rear lca, Hardrace rear camber kit, Type R front and rear sway bars, Mugen front and rear strut bar, spoon lower strut bar.

Brakes: Stoptech ST-40 with Ferodo DS2500 pads, Stoptech braided lines, Stoptech rear pads.

Wheels: Mugen GP 18" Michelin Pilot Sport 2 225/40R18

Interior: Type R Recaros, carpet, door panels, tachometer, shift knob, pedals, Autopower 4 point roll bar, Mugen steering wheel and boss, Odyssey battery and tray behind driver seat, Eclipse AVN5500 DVD/NAV, Elemental Designs 6.5" fronts, rear interior delete.

Exterior: Buddy Club hood, Type R front lip, Type R rear bumper w lip, Mugen side skirts, rear wiper delete, roof painted black, rear emblems shaved, 05 S spoiler, Mugen carbon plate cover, red out tails, Type R headlights, Red H, Type R lightweight front and rear bumpers.

Current weight: 2580

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So this is where the build stands currently. I plan to install Todd's adjustable tie rods and go for -3 degrees camber in the front. Currently maxed at -2.5 before toe adjustment runs out. Also need to finish removing sound deadening and unused wiring. Would like to get the car under 2500 lbs.

Wants: Electric power steering. Type R roof skin to delete sunroof. RRC intake manifold. Cat delete pipe made. B pipe without resonator made. A cleaner engine bay. Less wires throughout the car. More track time!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, the hatch was resprayed. I removed the subwoofer wires all the way back up to where they terminate under the passenger seat. The ABS wires are under the strut bar. I even ran the tail light wires a little bit tighter. I plan to remove the wires for the rear wiper and loom it up better back there one day.

Edit: Heck with that, it's only two wires.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Yes, the hatch was resprayed. I removed the subwoofer wires all the way back up to where they terminate under the passenger seat. The ABS wires are under the strut bar. I even ran the tail light wires a little bit tighter. I plan to remove the wires for the rear wiper and loom it up better back there one day.
Nice, it looks good.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

So I'm trying to clean up the engine bay and ordered the K-tuned brake booster hose but it is made for engine bays with the foot long metal hardline. Pulling out that line means the line is now a foot short or it runs directly across the open area of the bay.

Getting rid of all this was well worth it. I've been collecting all the removed stuff and weighing it and so far three pounds of crap has come out of the bay.

Also, discovered you can remove the engine harness from the firewall, get rid of the plastic elbows and move one bracket over to the strut tower and hide the factory harness pretty well while keeping it a good ways above the header. Also, pulled it up tight on the driver side and put the excess down into the valve cover and out the back. Easy and free and removed all that extra plastic covering. This will do until I get a real tucked harness when I have more money than sense.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts