Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok to cut a long story short i just purchased an 02 si hatch that was rolled for a local dirt oval track i race on next season. Car still ran and steers fine, thing is the previous owner had it super charged and has since took it off and sold it so i just got done putting the intake manifold and tb back on along with new gaskets. This is my first time messing with any k series but have pleny of knowledge with d, b and h series. Basically everything in the car has been stripped. I got plenty of power cus i tried 2 different batteries and the lights and horn still work when i hit the alarm but i dont hear the fuel pump kick on or the gauges come on when i turn the key forward. Is there some kind of sensor that may be off or something i need to check? Im gonna have alot more questions just hoping i can get a few guys to help me through this project. Thanx

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
The car probably had kpro if it was supercharged. My guess is the previous owner sold it with the kit. Because kpro uses the factory ecu you may not have one. Just a guess as I have never tried to start a new civic without an ecu, so I don't know exactly what would happen without one.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next problem, got it running but surges which im guessing is a vaccum leak? not familiar with what or how many vaccum lines are on here and where but everything seems to be connected except for one skinny looking vaccum line coming from the center or the firewall area, not sure where that went. Also he had a larger hose, i think it was an oil type breather coming from a port on the left front side of the engine right between the intake manifold and pulleys. Seemed to have had it running across the front of the engine to the drivers side. Only thing i did change was the coolant lines to the throttle body, just looped them back into each other, not sure if that would hurt anything since it is pretty cold out right now. Anyone have any ideas? :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Can you post some pics of the things in question?
What rpm is it surging to?
If you take off the intake, and look at the throttle body, you will see a port inside on the bottom. Cover that port with your finger while the car is running. If the surging stops then the problem is your IACV is stuck.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think it was around 2k, and the skinny vaccum type hose is pretty long and almost reaches up to the throttle body, he has is zipptied to the throttle cable so im guessing it ran up there unless it has sumthing to do with the super charger now that i think about it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
found out the small vaccum line went to a boost guage. the large line taps in to a port on the right side of the top front pulley, right to the left of the intake manfifold. line then runs under the intake manifold to who knows?? Previous owner cant remember either.

·
Registered
236 Posts
hey does that line run intro the water pump setup? cuz if so it just runs to the side of the intake manifold. cuz thats the online vacuum line that runs anywher near a pulley.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so that long hose coming off WAS suppose to go into the stock intake, he must have had sumthin else setup with the supercharger. Put it back on but havent got a chance to start it. Just ordered a k-tuned ac/ps eliminator and waiting for that to get here. I see that it relocated it down at the bottom, is everything gonna clear down there with this kit? i see alot of guys use them when swapping into older hondas.

·
Registered
84 Posts
some food for thought: i know if u were trying to bypass the coolant line from the tb and loop it back to the return that would cause ur car to surge also. i tried it with my k20 and thats what it did cuz the car didnt know whether or not is was warm or cold. i put it back and it was fine so check that out also

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
some food for thought: i know if u were trying to bypass the coolant line from the tb and loop it back to the return that would cause ur car to surge also. i tried it with my k20 and thats what it did cuz the car didnt know whether or not is was warm or cold. i put it back and it was fine so check that out also
does it make any improvements by having it off? im running the car on a dirt oval track. Did the bypass to my 97 lude last year but i had that chipped n converted to obd1

·
Registered
84 Posts
less heat goin to ur TB, so u could say u mitte gain alil from cooler TB. i have k-pro and it was still surging. K's ways diff from b h series

1 - 20 of 125 Posts