Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 265 Results
  1. All Motor K series Technical Discussion
    Sooo, what an acceptable engine mileage for a k20a2 swap? Im going to be swapping a k20a2 into my slow ass RSX base model, Im going to drop the engine in how much mileage should i be looking for? (Im trying to keep it under 1500 for the head and block). Thanks guys.
  2. General K-series related talk
    Hello! Ive just put all my running gear outve my CL7 euro r (k20r 6 speed manual) into my cm2 accord wagon, everything fits up perfect except the motor wont turn over, dash lights up but its still registering that the car is in drive, im still yet to put my euro r cluster in but im sure that...
  3. General K-series related talk
    I have a 04 base rsx that normally comes with a k20a2 or a3 (I forget exactly) and there was a DC5 JDM k20a swapped in. Should OEM replacement motor mounts work? Thanks!
  4. General K-series related talk
    I was told this is a JDM k20 motor swapped into this car I just purchased but after looking into it further I don’t know if it is. Only markings I see are “ppa-5” “hf” “04 7 a” and this is what the motor looks like What motor is this??? Thanks!
  5. All Motor K series Technical Discussion
    I have a k24z7 with a k20a2 head, jrsc, rbc cams and prb oil pump. I’ve replaced the within the engine and they are all within standard spec. I had to replace bearings in this engine due to not running an oil baffle for the prb pump and the oil aerating. I did tap and thread a bolt into the...
  6. General K-series related talk
    trying to swap my USDM 2004 Honda accord 2.4 k24a4 to a jdm k20a Was supposed to be a direct swap in got the harness and ecu also with the k20a engine and trans Just can’t get it started Was told to use my USDM harness and ecu But still no luck I’ve tried to run it with both ecu and harnesses...
  7. General K-series related talk
    Hello K-series enthusiasts, I see a lot of attempt of pushing the K20 to 300 flwhp. It comes not as easy compared to an built K24. As many ways lead to Rome, also here, spotlight on the K20, the ways to 300 flwhp are manifold, but it need some knowhow and knowledge as well as and at least...
  8. Forced Induction and Nitrous K series discussion
    Hello, I’ve had problem with my booster k series with low oil pressure. I’ve been running around 26ish psi on idle when warm. Full throttle at 6-7k rpm I’m getting like 50psi max, I have no clue why. I have a k20a2, I did port the oil pump and shimmed it. I’m also boosted with a sandwich plate...
  9. General K-series related talk
    Hello everyone, first of all I am new to this toys as to this forum so, if this post is somehow incorrectly placed I'm rly sorry. I'm writing this post to find out if there is any chance in fixing anything or not.. or I am open for any ideas/suggestions. So.... I am an owner of K-swapped...
  10. General K-series related talk
    Hey guys. I k24a1 swapped my auto ek. I purchased a manual PPA ecu with key and immobilizer . Also purchased a k tuned immobilizer bypass and installed it using KTuned’s instructions since I couldn’t find a wiring diagram for the PPA ecu. I spliced the auto trans cable to show its in park. For...
  11. General K-series related talk
    Hi so im looking to build a k series motor, preferably a k24 as they are easier to come by in Australia but i wouldn't mind sticking a decent k20 header on it. I want it to rev decently high but also not blow the bank up in terms of buying parts. from what ive gathered right now these are the...
  12. Engine Building
    So I am currently building a K24/K20 engine and ran into a slight snag. I am between a Stock RBC JDM intake or an Skunk2 Ultra Street Intake Manifold. The issue I am having is with the throttle body, I had picked out a Skunk2 74mm one but I noticed it is drive by cable. Is there a way to...
  13. 1992+ Civic EG / DC2 / EK K-Series Swap
    I have a 1992 cx hatch with a k20z3 swap. Lately with the summer heat my coolant temps have been going up to 228 F. Most of the time I turned it off very soon after and let it cool off. But like 2-3 times I was on the freeway so I had to just crank the heater and wait for it to go down. I’m...
  14. 1992+ Civic EG / DC2 / EK K-Series Swap
    Deleted due to for sale add outside of ”classified” section.
  15. General K-series related talk
    I’ve searched and searched and everyone says different things. Can anyone provide a definite answer to what axles Id need? K20z3 with 02-04 RSX trans and stock hubs. Thanks in advance fellas.
  16. K-Series Transmission
    Does anybody know a good transmission that can reliably take 700hp and doesn’t need huge modifications to fit into a gen 1 Miata with a K20a3?
  17. General K-series related talk
    I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on parts I am missing. A few weeks ago I bought a K20A2 cylinder head from eBay. It came with cams, cam caps, complete rocker assembly, complete valve train (springs, retainers, etc.). I came with both sensors at the end of the cams, the VTC oil...
  18. General K-series related talk
    Hello I’ve been suffering with the issue of my car shutting off when I do a pull or accelerate quickly then put it in gear or engage the clutch. I have a boosted k20 with a twin disc clutch. Stock master slave cylinder stock brake booster. Any guesses? I thought it was because I had an IACV...
  19. Engine Building
    First of all, im dutch sooo... my apologies for my not so flawless English :) Current setup: Supertech valve train Supertech 11.6:1 pistons and rods New OEM k20a2 oil pump OEM cams New OEM VTC Cam gear New OEM chain tensioner New OEM timing and oil pump chain I've been running this setup...
  20. General K-series related talk
    i’m pretty new too the car scene. with this going to be my first swap. i was wondering which engine would be better for street racing. i do plan on turbocharging it. i know the basic between the two how the k24 is better torque while the k20 revs a lot higher. i was seeing what you guys think...
1-20 of 265 Results