Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

CHILD's EK + K24a2 = slowest updating k-swap ever

651K views 1K replies 264 participants last post by  quietmastermind 
#1 ·
What's up K20a.org! Been sitting around quietly reading tons and tons of threads while bored at work and i've finally made just a couple of purchases that are actually K-swap related so i figured i'd start a lil build thread so i can shove all my questions into one spot.

I bought the car stock from a small local dealer in the summer of 2011 and here's what I have so far...

cleaned it up a bit and threw in my buddy club seat (stock seat had a huge rotting hole in it)

Works Bell hub and Rapfix II quick release w/ Personal Grinta wheel

Tucked some of the basics

Picked up some reasonably priced wheels

Muteki sr48 lug nuts

oem front grill, single din block off and other oem bits

Threw in some tunes for DDing

Got some FnF type 1's. Like em for DDing

I try to clean up what i can when i can. Keeps me sane while im saving up for parts

as flush as i care to be. drives without rubbing so im satisfied.

a/c went away

Got a lip

Function7 LCA's to replace my busted stock ones

More odds and ends went in. Hood latch, grill clips, grommets and things like that

Dont see too many with this knob so i went for it

Not sure if i want to use a sway bar or not, but i got an ASR subframe brace anyway so i can use a bar if i please, and i just like the look so why not

and added some overkill just because i like it

and how it sits as of FEB 28th...

On FEB 7th, I bought a K24a2 longblock from good ole Steve from hmotorsonline. Still awaiting arrival and i'll update with pics once it gets in.
Also ran into an early issue with my factory exhaust, some ghetto welds on the axle back section rusted out so I ordered an Apexi' WS2 catback for an EG and a Hybrid-Racing K-swap test pipe in hopes of resolving the issue and benefiting the swap.

I would say stay tuned, but who knows when i'll have an update worth checking out :p

See less See more
#3 ·
wow dude, you gotta clean shell! great platform to start a Kswap with :) diggin all the fun little goodies you got for it so far. nice work :up:

#32 ·
I had planned to throw the Apexi' WS2 muffler section onto my stock piping, but of course the bolts had some honda disease and snapped off. So I went ahead and spent some money on a SOHC header with a 2.5" collector so i can just throw my whole exhaust setup on for now until I piece this swap together.

I removed the TSX wiring harness and took off the EVAP stuff since im not running any EVAP emissions crap on my car right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.