K24a2 swap shuts off while driving - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 05-21-2019, 08:23 PM   #1
Bintha530

Default K24a2 swap shuts off while driving

01 integra ls 06 k24a2 with type s trans k pro version 2 stock motor bolt on grams 255 fuel pump the car shuts off while driving completely dies turn the car off turn it back to on the cel goes off but the pump doesn’t prime car doesn’t start after a while Car started again but died with in a minute of driving got it towed home after some time 4 or so hours went back out turned the key to on the cel went off and the pump primed car started I let it warm up I didn’t get to drive it but it didn’t die ... thing I’ve checked are as follows I’ve check all fuses to the pump they are good I check to make sure the main relay is clicking when key is on it clicks so I think it’s good when the car was running I had full 50 psi on the gauge the pump is plugged in all lines are good I’ve replaced the fuel filter I can test the pump any help is appreciated and needed I’ve been dayling this car thanks
Ps
In the morning when I go to start the car the pump sounds weak and if I don’t cycle the key like three time the car will turn over for a bit before starting
Bintha530 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2019, 05:47 AM   #2
Bintha530

Problem solved!! Pulled the grams fuel pump put in a new walbro 255 car runs like a champ but It wasn’t the fuel pump it was what looks like to me two power wires that needed to be looped the ends of the wire we’re old and brittle it got hot and started smoking I pulled the wire clipped off the end solder it together shrink wrap tucked back in the loom back under the carpet where I found it went raced it all good if some one can answer my question as to what are those two red wires that have to be connected
Bintha530 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message