Nyce1s - The World's First Ever 9 Second All Motor Street Honda Civic.. - Page 2 - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #21
nikos
K20a.org Master User

Trust me. When someone runs 9s or 8s in competition, you will see a thread on here within minutes.

Not taking away from norris accomplishment but there was no race. Its a sad day but a reality for where the sport is heading. Rules are for losers and people like Pepsi or Tim grey or Jake trying to play under the same rules, its like a big slap in the face from someone that had to change classes to beat them at a test and tune event. LOL the truth has a bad habit of always coming out.

These guys run low 10s all season long and part of last season. Sure everyone has to be a good sport and congratulate but deep down inside they know lol
nikos is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #22
CAFROG
K20a.org Master User

Default Re: Nyce1s - The World's First Ever 9 Second All Motor Street Honda Civic..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06dc5 View Post
was it a black DC2 at sac raceway?
Yeppers....that thing was crazy. He's from San Jose I think??

https://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96809
CAFROG is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #23
SickSilver_ep3
Lifetime Member

Default Re: Nyce1s - The World's First Ever 9 Second All Motor Street Honda Civic..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos View Post
Trust me. When someone runs 9s or 8s in competition, you will see a thread on here within minutes.

Not taking away from norris accomplishment but there was no race. Its a sad day but a reality for where the sport is heading. Rules are for losers and people like Pepsi or Tim grey or Jake trying to play under the same rules, its like a big slap in the face from someone that had to change classes to beat them at a test and tune event. LOL the truth has a bad habit of always coming out.

These guys run low 10s all season long and part of last season. Sure everyone has to be a good sport and congratulate but deep down inside they know lol
what are you talking about lol? norris ran 10.11 in competition at WCF. .01 slower than the current world record for competition held by pepsi.

he had to switch classes to beat who? he was in 2nd place..

are you saying jake is a cheater also bc he went what 10.03 in test and tune at atco the same day norris went 9's. he was a 1mph more tail wing away from 9's and then automatically he would have been a cheater?
SickSilver_ep3 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #24
nikos
K20a.org Master User

I don't expect you to understand. For all we know he was running a v8 in that run with nitrous to boot
Old 12-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #25
nikos
K20a.org Master User

In competition there is always some form of cheating going on. Imagine in a test and tune. Anything goes !
Old 12-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #26
SickSilver_ep3
Lifetime Member

Quote:
I don't expect you to understand. For all we know he was running a v8 in that run with nitrous to boot
thats fine but what about the other guys? why stick up for them like you know what they have and what rules they play by.

and what is you dont expect me to understand supposed to mean?
SickSilver_ep3 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #27
nikos
K20a.org Master User

I cannot lay it all out, make my case so to speak without compromising the undercover k20a.org officers.

The whole thing was to answer the question why did it take so long for nyce or norris to post it here.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #28
ampmstation247
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
Good try but you know that's not the reason
i agree.. a lot of people know why.
ampmstation247 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #29
Mr_Plenty
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
I cannot lay it all out, make my case so to speak without compromising the undercover k20a.org officers.

The whole thing was to answer the question why did it take so long for nyce or norris to post it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampmstation247 View Post
i agree.. a lot of people know why.
Spill the beans I'm interested to find out lol
This is not a forum where someone can just post certain information without it being picked apart and that's a good thing @ times.
VOUCHES: HNAperformance, civic5133, onefstek, civicmotorhead-1320WhtRex-#2, allmotora2, pb16b, tuner04civic, Stockcrx, BuiltRsx, 3k1n,*HAZARD*club

Last edited by Mr_Plenty; 12-09-2011 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: typo
Mr_Plenty is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #30
CAFROG
K20a.org Master User

So that motor......she addicted to the giggle juice.....? Or what?

Old 12-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #31
nikos
K20a.org Master User

He pulled it off and there is no way to tell what happened. This is no NASCAR where they take the car away from and behind closed doors decide if you broke any rules.

In California everyone at the track could smell the methanol.

Can someone explain why is methanol not allowed?
Old 12-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #32
Bossman
Lifetime Member

because drinking and driving is bad?

You cannot mock some one for being fearful of an oppressive government when you are afraid of walking the streets with legal firearms around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by signalpuke View Post
I can't be the bad guy if you are the bad guy. Two bad guys is too many bad guys. :P
Bossman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #33
CAFROG
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
My knowledge of methanol is based on it being highly flammable (inflammable if you'd like) and the flames can be invisible (meaning a fire could start and you wouldn't necessarily see it)

Also.....it obviously is a high high octane and blah blah. But I am guessing there is no class b/c of the danger......?

Methanol motor is a methanol motor....no gas.....ever cuz the water in the gas will cause separation and a lot of chemistry that I suck at explaining and no where near an expert on.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #34
Leemoney
Swag Champ

Wait so he was probly spraying ? ..out of all the pro race teams in the country he's the only one to run 9 sec at a test & tune & hasn't done it at a official race ? ..fill me in here lol

Sold To: TurbanRacer,Remyrounds, b18c, 2217,Lexxi_TegK24, ReppinDa(603),Chompy,ltp0620,purpej1, Hondajohnsgarage, egtypes, infamouskillas , KY2K20, daddieyankee32 ,Bretx0r
Leemoney is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #35
kennethAlexanderINC

Quote:
He pulled it off and there is no way to tell what happened. This is no NASCAR where they take the car away from and behind closed doors decide if you broke any rules.

In California everyone at the track could smell the methanol.

I'm really surprised at what your saying. I've had my problems with Norris, as well as my other friends that ran street ProAM before this site was up. But to imply that he was spraying or had to use meth etc to shave a few tenths when they are always extremely competitive is pretty dirty. The guy made some adjustments, ran in very good conditions, rear wind, temp, alt, etc. He changed up induction and aero resistance that no one else in the class has done and the fucking EG is a tank at 2160. Instead of firing off and plugging ideas to people that are fans and now Q his run, You should congratulate him for doing something that no one else has "ever" done.

Some times you trip me out Nikos. You seem to provide a very objective forum. Great info etc. Then do this. Jake, Tim, Pepsi, they're all gonna get there. Norris just got there first. You also tend to forget that although these guys are all monsters, Norris doesn't drive that EG all that often. No pun at Loan, but you run any of those cars against Norris the day he ran that 9..... He'd paddle that ass. You know why, cause not one of those guys comes out the box even remotely close to that mean s.o.b. That 60' is the nastiest shit I have ever scene and damn near fell over when I read the slip. Any of those guys rip that 60' and they're 9's as well. I'm not a huge Norris fan, but the guy did the work. Only objection I have to this whole thing is I would've liked to see Loan run it. She deserves it. Sad you piss on his parade.
kennethAlexanderINC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #36
nikos
K20a.org Master User

Thank you for the kind words.

Running nitrous is a crazy theory and I really highly highly doubt it Norris would ever out his reputation on the line. So please don't say I am accusing him of running nitrous.

There is no nhra regulating anything anymore so there are no rules. In my opinion.his edge came from the methanol.

If people are talking about you, you must be doing something right, right?
Old 12-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #37
nikos
K20a.org Master User

Maybe he got the 110mm crank to work. Bwcrank.com.has a part number for it but they told me to ask brian Crower if I want one LOL
That would make it a 2.87litre engine with 90.5mm bore. That's also thinking outside the box.

He is not obligated to tell us how he did it or run it again or drive the car again etc etc

He is about to be a father now and I wish him the best of luck and health for his family.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #38
nikos
K20a.org Master User

i just happened to come accross Brian Crower's website today.

Check it out, copy and pasted from the news section

"runBC DRAG - Norris Prayontoo runs the 1st 9 second pass in all motor street class history with a 9.93 ET pass @ MIR running BC cams and cranks! 20 days ago reply retweet favorite "

I guess no more prayontoo cams? lol They need to pick a story and stick with it! lol
Old 12-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #39
Leemoney
Swag Champ

Quote:
i just happened to come accross Brian Crower's website today.

Check it out, copy and pasted from the news section

"runBC DRAG - Norris Prayontoo runs the 1st 9 second pass in all motor street class history with a 9.93 ET pass @ MIR running BC cams and cranks! 20 days ago reply retweet favorite "

I guess no more prayontoo cams? lol They need to pick a story and stick with it! lol
yea that's deff Sus

Sold To: TurbanRacer,Remyrounds, b18c, 2217,Lexxi_TegK24, ReppinDa(603),Chompy,ltp0620,purpej1, Hondajohnsgarage, egtypes, infamouskillas , KY2K20, daddieyankee32 ,Bretx0r
Leemoney is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #40
nikos
K20a.org Master User

Norris didnt thank Brian Crower on the video, so I am sure BC took it upon himself to thank himself! :P

All jokes apart, having a 4 cyl all motor street honda in the 9s is crazy, with or without methanol.
Closed Thread