Stock VS Skunk2 vs Hybrid Racing? Tensioners - Page 2 - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 08-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #21
Bossman
Lifetime Member

Default Re: Stock VS Skunk2 vs Hybrid Racing? Tensioners

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorek4 View Post
thanks to forms and people who bought and write a review on product. that video is the same thing that happen to one of the k20a.org member who wrote about his HR tensioner that fail . So I guess that where skunk2 got the ideal of maken a video showing they'er tensioner ... running on no oil pressure ....
so how many people run big cams with no oil pressure?..and there's no proof of anything other than a stock tensioner,a Skunk 2 tensioner and some other tensioner are used...if you can identify a tensioner by looking at it through the blurred out view then you have much better vision than me.

You cannot mock some one for being fearful of an oppressive government when you are afraid of walking the streets with legal firearms around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by signalpuke View Post
I can't be the bad guy if you are the bad guy. Two bad guys is too many bad guys. :P
Bossman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #22
K20EF8
Lifetime Member

AFAIK there are 4 tensioners
-OEM
-Skunk2
-Toda
-Hybrid Racing

Since IIRC the toda one is nothing more than an OEM tensioner with a stiffer spring inside, externally arent they the same? If yes then there would be no reason to hide its identity, its looks oem anyway. So in conclusion the other tensioner must be a hybrid one.
K20EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2010, 04:41 AM   #23
seek167
K20a.org Master User

i will redo this test i have all the tensioners but hybrids
i will show u the rpms the motor will reach with each tensioner
and any body that wants a certain cam tested let me know

i have a tsx motor for the mule
any body thats wants to send me stuff look around your stuff is in good hands

shirts are here
valve stems are here
if you need any new or used parts hit me i will try to beat any bodys price even if i dont make money just so i can gain a customer for life
seek167 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 06:36 AM   #24
Mr_Plenty
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20EF8 View Post
-OEM
-Skunk2
-Toda
-Hybrid Racing

Since IIRC the toda one is nothing more than an OEM tensioner with a stiffer spring inside, externally arent they the same? If yes then there would be no reason to hide its identity, its looks oem anyway. So in conclusion the other tensioner must be a hybrid one.
Hasty Generalization?
Inductive Reasoning?

I say this because you are not sure of what tensioner is being blurred out in the video. Not defending Hybrid-Racing, but defending the idea that this is a test to showcase a certain manufacturer in the lime light and others in a dim one.
VOUCHES: HNAperformance, civic5133, onefstek, civicmotorhead-1320WhtRex-#2, allmotora2, pb16b, tuner04civic, Stockcrx, BuiltRsx, 3k1n,*HAZARD*club
Mr_Plenty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #25
Bossman
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty View Post
Hasty Generalization?
Inductive Reasoning?

I say this because you are not sure of what tensioner is being blurred out in the video. Not defending Hybrid-Racing, but defending the idea that this is a test to showcase a certain manufacturer in the lime light and others in a dim one.
and a test conducted by a company that has stake in the results...the main ingrediant for skewed testing results.

as far as people saying the Toda is nothing but an upgraded spring..I do believe there is a member on here who has had theirs on for something like 4 years...with no problems.

You cannot mock some one for being fearful of an oppressive government when you are afraid of walking the streets with legal firearms around.
Quote:
I can't be the bad guy if you are the bad guy. Two bad guys is too many bad guys. :P
Old 08-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #26
rbsjnh
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty View Post
[email protected] statement
i would have to question how many hybrid products have you owned that have failed?.....such a statement allows the ignorant enthusiast to draw ignorant conclusions.
what about the original hybrid conversion harness, released to the public, never worked, never tested, no r&d....overall great product

rbsjnh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2010, 09:20 AM   #27
allmotorek4
K20a.org Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsjnh View Post
what about the original hybrid conversion harness, released to the public, never worked, never tested, no r&d....overall great product

lol... they are quick to come in and say hey send that back and we'll send you a new one @ no cost.. and then everyone is happy again... lol wtf is really? is it me or that seem to be the trend with them....
shortstop kseries07 HonkeyDongu rowbs2k rsxdc502 Cidone [email protected] siborg Jpax TYFOMOTO/NLM StonerTuning JDMTOKER k20buildinprogress greenhatchy purpej1 Brock tjs03si Qfactor vizhunz02si McCoy, edya, checokxx, sicKstee, Kingnacho83, 03K20A3Si allmotor93hatch JO_TECH
allmotorek4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #28
allmotorek4
K20a.org Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
so how many people run big cams with no oil pressure?..and there's no proof of anything other than a stock tensioner,a Skunk 2 tensioner and some other tensioner are used...if you can identify a tensioner by looking at it through the blurred out view then you have much better vision than me.
during start-up, when oil pressure is extremely low.

cold crank start buddy. and for people who lives/ drive around hills/mountains. all you really need to be is may be 1-1.5 quarts low. driving up,down,side to side @ one point in time your oil pressure will drop.
shortstop kseries07 HonkeyDongu rowbs2k rsxdc502 Cidone [email protected] siborg Jpax TYFOMOTO/NLM StonerTuning JDMTOKER k20buildinprogress greenhatchy purpej1 Brock tjs03si Qfactor vizhunz02si McCoy, edya, checokxx, sicKstee, Kingnacho83, 03K20A3Si allmotor93hatch JO_TECH
Old 08-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #29
rbsjnh
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
lol... they are quick to come in and say hey send that back and we'll send you a new one @ no cost.. and then everyone is happy again... lol wtf is really? is it me or that seem to be the trend with them....
Its not just them, its is the majority or this industry...

Its the primary reason I will only buy from about 5 companies...if the companies I believe in don't make it, then I do not need it...

This industry is no longer products its a bout profits

And its very sad imho
Old 08-08-2010, 09:28 AM   #30
allmotorek4
K20a.org Advanced User

Quote:
Toda is nothing but an upgraded spring..I do believe there is a member on here who has had theirs on for something like 4 years...with no problems.
toda = ok.. s2 = ok, and your saying toda is ok.^ oem is almost the same as toda so that = ok. that leaves us with one brand left. hummm who is that popular aftermarket tensioners
Old 08-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #31
allmotorek4
K20a.org Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsjnh View Post

hey i got a question about the hybrid racing... are they the same guys from back in the days who all got they're car jack? is that the same HR?
Old 08-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #32
Bossman
Lifetime Member

I find it funny that ONE person had a problem with their HR tensioner and all of a sudden it's a crappy product.funny how noone mentiones the dude that had the rachet teth stripped off his Skunk2 tensioner....(there is/was a thread about it and as a result Skunk 2 upgraded their rachet's material or something)
Concerning oil level....if you have low oil pressure because of low oil level then regardless of what tensioner you have you are inviting disaster.You really should be checking your oil ever fillup,I know I do.

Oem tensioners have failed in as little as a dozen trips down the strip with aggressive,poorly designed cams coughskunk2coughcough.

Quote:
Old 08-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #33
Bossman
Lifetime Member

Quote:
hey i got a question about the hybrid racing... are they the same guys from back in the days who all got they're car jack? is that the same HR?
what does this have to do with the topic?

Quote:
Old 08-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #34
allmotorek4
K20a.org Advanced User

Quote:
I find it funny that ONE person had a problem with their HR tensioner and all of a sudden it's a crappy product.funny how noone mentiones the dude that had the rachet teth stripped off his Skunk2 tensioner....(there is/was a thread about it and as a result Skunk 2 upgraded their rachet's material or something)
Concerning oil level....if you have low oil pressure because of low oil level then regardless of what tensioner you have you are inviting disaster.You really should be checking your oil ever fillup,I know I do.

Oem tensioners have failed in as little as a dozen trips down the strip with aggressive,poorly designed cams coughskunk2coughcough.
what dose cams gonna have to do with this topic? you can fix the skunk2 cams by adjustable cam gears, its funny only people on this site have problem with skunk2 cams it seems like everyone know to buy a cam gear to 0 it back out... not everyone check they're oil level every night, we don't drive bwm or VW that burn oil like the gulf of mexico. i bet there are nights you forget.. its as simple as that. 1 time
Old 08-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #35
allmotorek4
K20a.org Advanced User

Quote:
what does this have to do with the topic?
i just seeing if they are the same tool.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #36
K20EF8
Lifetime Member

Quote:
what dose cams gonna have to do with this topic? you can fix the skunk2 cams by adjustable cam gears, its funny only people on this site have problem with skunk2 cams it seems like everyone know to buy a cam gear to 0 it back out... not everyone check they're oil level every night, we don't drive bwm or VW that burn oil like the gulf of mexico. i bet there are nights you forget.. its as simple as that. 1 time
If you have little to no oil in the motor a tensioner will be the least of your worries. Thats great that the S2 tensioner will work with no oil or oil pressure, do you think thats going to save your motor in that situation?
Why should people buy a cam gear to correct a design/manufacturing flaw? I dont think that cures the problem either way. The stock tensioner is weak and when using stiffer aftermarket valvesprings and camshafts with certain centerlines and ramp rates, its prone to failure.
I have a hybrid tensioner in my motor but I also have some skunk2 parts on the car as well.
The video suggests that there is a problem with the hybrid tensioner. Whether or not that is the hybrid tensioner in the video is a moot point. Everyone on here, including skunk2, must know that the video suggests a problem with the hybrid tensioner....
You think Hondas dont burn oil?
K20EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #37
rbsjnh
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
Why should people buy a cam gear to correct a design/manufacturing flaw?
I have been wondering this for years
Old 08-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #38
crip
Lifetime Member

Quote:
-OEM
-Skunk2
-Toda
-Hybrid Racing

forgot omni and hytech
crip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #39
rbsjnh
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crip View Post
forgot omni and hytech
didnt know either of them made one...hytech doesnt even recommend them, why would they make one...
Old 08-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #40
allmotorek4
K20a.org Advanced User

Quote:
If you have little to no oil in the motor a tensioner will be the least of your worries. Thats great that the S2 tensioner will work with no oil or oil pressure, do you think thats going to save your motor in that situation?
Why should people buy a cam gear to correct a design/manufacturing flaw? I dont think that cures the problem either way. The stock tensioner is weak and when using stiffer aftermarket valvesprings and camshafts with certain centerlines and ramp rates, its prone to failure.
I have a hybrid tensioner in my motor but I also have some skunk2 parts on the car as well.
The video suggests that there is a problem with the hybrid tensioner. Whether or not that is the hybrid tensioner in the video is a moot point. Everyone on here, including skunk2, must know that the video suggests a problem with the hybrid tensioner....
You think Hondas dont burn oil?
i drive a honda .i know they do, but they dont burn a lot of oil as other car company tho. you shouldn't have you check your car every night may be 1 or 2 times a week is fine.