DAILY/auto x Suspension need help choosing - Page 2 - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum
View Poll Results: best shocks for daily/auto x with comfort in mind
kw 3 6.98%
bilstein 0 0%
pic 11 25.58%
koin yellow 19 44.19%
tien 10 23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #21
K20kidz
K20a.org Advanced User

Default Re: DAILY/auto x Suspension need help choosing

MAN! i just watched the Dash cam Rally vid, that car is running sooo smooth. These guys seem to make amazing set ups.. ill have to save some cash and swap over from my crappy set up..

R.I.P Ken Kaoru Inouye.
K20kidz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #22
amr engineering

Thanks for the kind words guys! It is much appreciated. Have a good weekend.
amr engineering is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #23
lzyga05
K20a.org Basic User

Well i finally got my amrs and i broke the dam head of a bolt that goes from the lca to the hub. That was the last bolt i had to take out to finish the last coil over and now my car is siting at the pep-boys parking lot until tomorrow QQ. So far they look great but i really want my dam last coil over on so i can rip on my car!
lzyga05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 06:22 PM   #24
McCoy
trial user

Glad you got them quickly and sorry about your slight hiccup. What blows my mind about AMR is that Penske's shock builder got a hold of one - he wasn't sent one - and he gave it rigorous inspection. Dude said the materials used were top notch against corrosion and the moisture seals were excellent, overbuilt is the only way to describe them - right in line with the quality of his own shocks!!

Just wait 'til you install the K motor!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #25
lzyga05
K20a.org Basic User

WELL, i am one step closer to geting the k in my car. Just bought a 90?crx for my daily driver while the civic in under the knife!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #26
McCoy
trial user

Jealous!! I love the CRX's!! Now you got all fall and winter to do the K swap. I know it get plenty cold over there so take your time.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #27
lzyga05
K20a.org Basic User

well my civic is ****d! i cant get the dam seized bolt out (lca going to the hub, its seized on the bushing)with out torching it out, any one have any ideas? i tryd drilling but all my bits just go dull i did get a pilot hole about have way through. I am thinking about prying the lca out and picking up another from a junk yard. You guys think a air chisel might work? I am going to try and up load some pics tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #28
McCoy
trial user

Make sure the nut is off the bolt first. Spray it with some penetrating oil and let it set in. Use a grinder and remove the head from the bolt. Get a hammer and punch and spit the rod bolt right out of the bushing/LCA.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #29
lzyga05
K20a.org Basic User

Thats what i did, but i used a air hammer for like 5 min still nothing. I have a day off tomorrow so i am going to go to a yard and hopefully i can get one of a car and just throw in a used one until i can do it the right way and fix all the damage i have done to my car.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #30
K Miata
Lifetime Member

I really like the idea of swapping out my teins for some AMR goodness, only if they will give me dyno plots for them. definitely post a review.

David Calzada
KMiata Inc.
[email protected]
www.facebook.com/kmiata

K Miata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #31
lzyga05
K20a.org Basic User

i will, i mean so far i only drove on the fronts for like a 1/8 mile but they are much nicer then stock thats all i can really say atm. Hopefully i will get my new lcas in by the end of next week then i can really start testing out my set up/ having some fun.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #32
dorramide7

Quote:
Originally Posted by seek167 View Post
i got koni yellow and ground controls for sale for an ek 525bucks 6k miles located near Allentown Pa if you would like you can shoot me a text or call I'll be up all night 610-656-6287 Eric
koni/ground control FTW!!!!!! lifetime warranty, huge variety of spring lengths and rates. and they are fairly inexpensive. i wouldn't go much over 550 or 600 on the yellows if they don't have spss3 valving though. i just ordered 600/500 6 inch long, 2.5 inside diameter ground controls for my yellows. that wait i can set the ride height once and just change out spring rates as needed.
dorramide7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #33
lzyga05
K20a.org Basic User

wow ... i like wrote a ****ing story yesterday about these shocks .. and it never got posted FML... any way my comp blew up shortly after i orderd my new lca;s from pic, and i ended up geting a new laptop for xmas!. Now i finaly got my shocks on the car and there kick ass. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that i did not know 550 springs were going to be this dam stiFF! The front the the car is great but the back is a little bit to hard lol.. it only drops like a inch after u lower it from the lift! One of the best thing i like about the shocks is that when you adjust the compression you can actually feel the change! They respond very well to changes, when i feel like doing some autoxing i just crank up the rear dampeners up so it gets nice and stiff so i can really carve up the turns and slide out the rear end. As for a more high speed track i usually set up the rear softer then the front to try and get more under-steer. Only because i want to be safe and i am new at this type of racing.