New header choice!!! - Page 8 - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 03-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #141
whitegsrbeater

Default Re: New header choice!!!

don't get me wrong I didn't mean to start a comparison between the two headers, I just wanted to post that I went from a RCrew to a S2. We all were scratching our heads wondering why only 217 with the first set up and 249 with the second when the only change was a header. It will probably be one of those freak things that will never know. It had the guys at church spinnin more then I was because the first dyno numbers aren't even comparable to other K swaps with less or same modifications. All I simply was trying to do was report back on what numbers the S2 made, and try and show that the product isn't all as bad as a lot people make it to be. It's funny because people on other forums are in full support of S2 and the thread that is title strickly for the new S2 header doesn't even sound anything like this one. This thread was bashing S2 before I even posted on it. So hopefully this cleans the air, and we'll never know what happened on the first dyno, and I know those of in support of the RCrew brand want an explaination, but it won't be had.
whitegsrbeater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #142
MikeyK20

Picked up my Skunk 2 header and RBC today. If everything goes well, should be up and running by Sunday!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #143
whitegsrbeater

Good luck with that, I hope you have great results! What is your over all set up?

Old 04-02-2009, 08:09 AM   #144
kdbatmobile

wow jus read all 8pgs of this. cant believe there is so much hate for S2. just as said u shouldnt knock it till its dyno'd and compred to other headers such as rcrew etc etc......i support S2 and big ups to Tony and the guys there. and as for the civic guy, recrew is not a new company they are a shop thats been around for a minute now. they are a shop who holds in down in the bay. they do alot of custom swaps, installs, wire tucks etc they are not a parts manufacture like S2. Dan an the rcrew crew were doin it big on k-swaps for a while so he had a couple parts made to sell for his swaps to make them drop in pnp for his customers. but back to subject i think there jus needs to be a dyno to have people jump off S2's back a lil and to show that they make a prduct worthy of competing with the k headers out here everyones running
kdbatmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #145
jones83
Infinite levels to this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbatmobile View Post
wow jus read all 8pgs of this. cant believe there is so much hate for S2. just as said u shouldnt knock it till its dyno'd and compred to other headers such as rcrew etc etc......i support S2 and big ups to Tony and the guys there. and as for the civic guy, recrew is not a new company they are a shop thats been around for a minute now. they are a shop who holds in down in the bay. they do alot of custom swaps, installs, wire tucks etc they are not a parts manufacture like S2. Dan an the rcrew crew were doin it big on k-swaps for a while so he had a couple parts made to sell for his swaps to make them drop in pnp for his customers. but back to subject i think there jus needs to be a dyno to have people jump off S2's back a lil and to show that they make a prduct worthy of competing with the k SHELF headers out here everyones running
fixed
jones83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #146
Mr_Plenty
K20a.org Master User

lmao^^^^jokes in this thread.
VOUCHES: HNAperformance, civic5133, onefstek, civicmotorhead-1320WhtRex-#2, allmotora2, pb16b, tuner04civic, Stockcrx, BuiltRsx, 3k1n,*HAZARD*club
Mr_Plenty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #147
whitegsrbeater

Just all out of curiosity, what makes the DTR and any other not "shelf" header so different? This is going to sound very ignorant, but are they made to order, per customer set up?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #148
MikeyK20

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitegsrbeater View Post
Good luck with that, I hope you have great results! What is your over all set up?
The setup will consist of, Stock k20a2 with skunk 2 header, 3 in. intake with velocity stack, rbc wit type s throttle body, 3 inch exhaust all the way bak ( no cat). Jus for now till i get some more money lol, K-series got me going broke
Old 04-02-2009, 11:41 PM   #149
whitegsrbeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyK20 View Post
The setup will consist of, Stock k20a2 with skunk 2 header, 3 in. intake with velocity stack, rbc wit type s throttle body, 3 inch exhaust all the way bak ( no cat). Jus for now till i get some more money lol, K-series got me going broke
what car is all this in? Also do you have a thread with this build or pictures?
Old 04-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #150
MikeyK20

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitegsrbeater View Post
what car is all this in? Also do you have a thread with this build or pictures?
i will make a build thread soon, going into my avatar, captiva Si 92 hatch
Old 06-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #151
Orthow
Lifetime Member

8 effing pages and not one actual dyno graph LOL

Buddy has his pictures of his shiny header and there was talk about dyno's being done but needing permission, wtf, the time has come and past...and as such I will just stick with my Rcrew.

This thread is jokes tho.. as per the hate, S2 has made some horrible TB's that constantly get stuck and their LCA bushing suck balls.. that's been my piss poor experience with junk2 products. There must be a thread of people tearing apart skunk2 products on here that would be good for a laugh!
Orthow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #152
LesQuik

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11sec CR-X View Post
I wouldnt get it either I run an SSR header!! I posted it for the budget racers!!!
I would rather work up a extra hundreds and get something better. How long did installation take for your headers, and were your headers worth all the money? I am looking at getting the SSR header, but IDK if 1100 is worth it, when I could get B-club or Toda headers for like 700 and still have good qaulity, and power. What do you suggest?
Old 06-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #153
11sec CR-X
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesQuik View Post
I would rather work up a extra hundreds and get something better. How long did installation take for your headers, and were your headers worth all the money? I am looking at getting the SSR header, but IDK if 1100 is worth it, when I could get B-club or Toda headers for like 700 and still have good qaulity, and power. What do you suggest?
A header like SSR, ASP or Hytech are built for your setup! They are always stepped headers with awesome collectors! Usually 1 3/4'' stepped to 1 7/8''! The headers are worth every penny for the power! Now if you want some umf for a daily and dont really care about big power numbers just stick with any budget header. There are a bunch of Taiwanese tuning headers for sale here that make decent power! Skunks header looks decent! Its stepped but not sure of the specs also dont know how good of a collector design it is but you get what you pay for!
Old 06-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #154
LesQuik

What does stepped mean, sorry just learning man. Do you have any videos of your car with your headers on? Just want to hear how it sounds. But if you totally back SSR headers up, I will definitely look into savin some to get those headers. Thanks for the info man.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #155
11sec CR-X
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
What does stepped mean, sorry just learning man. Do you have any videos of your car with your headers on? Just want to hear how it sounds. But if you totally back SSR headers up, I will definitely look into savin some to get those headers. Thanks for the info man.
I will only run a SSR, ASP or Hytech header in my car! I currently just sold my SSR cause I needed a more race specific header! Stepped means where the tubes go form one size then you see the tubing size get bigger therefore stepping up to a larger diameter of tubing! The primaries/ the tubes coming from the flange are smaller then as the tube travels it steps up to a larger diameter tubing!

STEPPED ASP 4-1 Megaphone header

Not stepped ASP 4-1 Budget header
Old 06-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #156
LesQuik

OOOOOO ok, I got you, thanks for the clarification. Where can I find those headers at, ASP & Hytech
Old 06-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #157
11sec CR-X
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
OOOOOO ok, I got you, thanks for the clarification. Where can I find those headers at, ASP & Hytech
ASP
http://www.advancedstreetperformance.com/ OR https://k20a.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94

HYTECH
www.hytechexhaust.com

SSR
www.sixsigmaracing.com

You have to call all of them so they can get your specs!