Intrinsic Performance Solutions (IPS) Cams/ITB Dyno Video(9700 RPMs)OverRev Mag Car - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 05-29-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
2fastxeg
Resident Journalist

Default Intrinsic Performance Solutions (IPS) Cams/ITB Dyno Video(9700 RPMs)OverRev Mag Car

Intrinsic Performance Solutions has been very well dedicated in creating the best possible cams for different applications. Their cams have by far has made proven horsepower in their street application, IPS K2 cams. Ron from IPS has put countless hours to give people more information and data about their cams and combinations. Here is a dyno session video of the many runs that we have been doing testing on ! These cams make lots of power ! As soon as a track day comes up, we will be testing the car out on the track, should be next week, so we will keep you updated. You can find the stories over in OverRev Magazine, the only magazine that is giving true hardcore information on these setups that we are doing. Enjoy the videos, wait till next week, we will have in-car testing videos....
Since we have made 303 HP on a dyna-pak, we now give you runs on an actual roller dyno, made on a dyna jet and a dyno dynamics..

First Run, the tires spun out

https://www.k20a.org/alex/Movie-0002.mpg

9700 RPM Goodness
https://www.k20a.org/alex/Movie-0005.mpg

https://www.k20a.org/alex/Movie-0004.mpg

https://www.k20a.org/alex/Movie-0006.mpg

Last edited by nikos; 05-30-2005 at 03:36 PM..
2fastxeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2005, 10:06 AM   #2
TeamPacman
K20a.org Master User

Default Re: Intrinsic Performance Solutions (IPS) Cams/ITB Dyno Video(9700 RPMs)OverRev Mag Car

ALEX...What's the WHP???

Good job man...LOOKS good..
TeamPacman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2005, 10:25 AM   #3
- guest -
K20a.org Advanced User

Default Re: Intrinsic Performance Solutions (IPS) Cams/ITB Dyno Video(9700 RPMs)OverRev Mag Car

No correction on the Dyno Dynamics.

-Ron
- guest - is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2005, 10:48 AM   #4
suckafree
K20a.org Basic User

faaaakkk thats 9900 rpm i saw..
Old 05-29-2005, 11:46 AM   #5
chameleon
taking cookies...

Default Re: Intrinsic Performance Solutions (IPS) Cams/ITB Dyno Video(9700 RPMs)OverRev Mag C

wow!
chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2005, 12:31 PM   #6
evilxkid

so are these the k2's or the kme's.?.. either way that is some great power out put. good job to you and ron..
evilxkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2005, 12:50 PM   #7
alanb

per the dyno dynamics dyno k2
alanb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2005, 12:51 PM   #8
2fastxeg
Resident Journalist

these cams are ONLY the Street App. k2's !!!!!! Ron has just installed the new kME's in and will be tested this week, should be very interesting... the kME's are sick, very aggressive !
new engine combinations will also be tested very soon too.... we will keep you updated ! IPS is the way to go !
Old 05-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #9
2fastxeg
Resident Journalist

one thing also, these Hasport mounts have taken a beating and they are still holdin gup really good. We have had no problems whatsoever with these mounts... i have heard of a few people making some decent power and their mounts were breaking from other mount manufacturers, so this is another reason why i really like to push for HASPORT mounts. we have pulled the motor in and out with the same mounts a good 20 times all ready ! im really amazed at teh quality....
Old 05-29-2005, 01:28 PM   #10
hondaluver
K20a.org Master User

Default Re: Intrinsic Performance Solutions (IPS) Cams/ITB Dyno Video(9700 RPMs)OverRev Mag C

omg
hondaluver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2005, 01:43 PM   #11
hybrid racing
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
i have heard of a few people making some decent power and their mounts were breaking from other mount manufacturers,
Just to clarify, this has not happened with Hybrid Racing mounts.

On a different note, great numbers! Can't wait to get a set of the kME's when they become available.

-Will

Last edited by hybrid racing; 05-29-2005 at 01:55 PM..
hybrid racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2005, 01:46 PM   #12
overlap..
Lifetime Members

why do you guys typo so much? is that some sort of marketing skeem?
overlap.. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2005, 09:29 PM   #13
evilxkid

i have a hybrid harnes and hasport mounts because i'm a slut... i broke the hasports once and brian g sent me a new one fast as hell, i just had to email him a picture of the broken one... by the way, i can't wait to see the kme's, i bought a set a while back but have been waiting for them to get tested on your motor before they ship them... so good luck brother..
evilxkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2005, 10:12 PM   #14
Scuffers
K20a.org Basic User

All a bit OTT on the marketing front this isn't it?

whilst I have no problem if people want to post what they have achived and how etc. this thread really summs it up for me as the board becoming nothing more than a sales and maketing outlet for said companies.

to my mind this detracts from the board, as it will soon become the domain of a small number of very pro-active companies, and thus all objectivaty goes out the window.

back to the subject, I am still waiting for somebody to post up the results of an engine on a *real* dyno, using a RR/Dynapack/etc is just not good enough if you are selling stuff like this, as has been well covered (both here and on other boards) these numbers can vary wildly to the point of being useless.

Dyno's are NOT that expencive and I would consider they are essential for any real development work.

This is what one looks like:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dyno1.jpg (74.9 KB, 310 views)
Scuffers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2005, 10:42 PM   #15
- guest -
K20a.org Advanced User

Simon, last time you asked for DIN and we gave it to you. We even went to several other dyno facilities this time around. Just because we like you so much, we now this facility available to us:

http://carobu.com/html/services_-_carobu.html

Since we've not taken advantage of an engine dyno to date for our product development, I guess we're not good enough as you've casually dismissed our work on lowly chassis dynos. So sorry we don't measure up to your standard.

-Ron
- guest - is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2005, 12:39 AM   #16
realek4
K20a.org Advanced User

Keep up the good work! IPS.....
realek4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2005, 04:02 AM   #17
suckafree
K20a.org Basic User

looks like testing to me.. in a real world situation...

but what do i know? i dont race nor am i an educated consumer
Old 05-30-2005, 04:20 AM   #18
alanb

personally i luv marketing if it informs about product

who else is pushing these technical boundaries and investing time and money in r and d

the dynos and vids look pretty objective to me

a critical mass of various companies involvement is often necessary to explore these engineering capabilities and the collection above is above all reproach
alanb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2005, 08:23 AM   #19
2fastxeg
Resident Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuffers

to my mind this detracts from the board, as it will soon become the domain of a small number of very pro-active companies, and thus all objectivaty goes out the window.

This is what one looks like:
I guess you can't please everyone..... Here is a company spending a lot of time and money to show proof of their product and give valuable information and feedback to the public. Rarely have i ever seen a company go out of its way and spend lots of money to make sure their products work to their best and experiment with different set ups to give the people with lower budgets an idea of what exactly works and what doesnt. In this case, everything has been precisely calculated to produce an idea into a physical object that works !
This does not detract from the boards at all, Ron and myself have been helping a lot of people out on just information on anything, i have personally helped everyone who has PMed me on doing swaps or ITB's, i even write articles on www.theksource.com to give people more information so that they can make educated choices and purchases. And to be quite frank, people like videos and seeing numbers, so we provide what people would liek to see. See it as what you want, but i love racing and i love helping people out, so regardless, im still going to post of posts like this..
Old 05-30-2005, 08:57 AM   #20
Scuffers
K20a.org Basic User

Why is it you all can't understand the point I am making here?

I am NOT criticising the product in any way, I am not trying to tell you not to buy it, I am not telling you to buy XYZ's product, I am just trying to point out that it's turning into the IPS fan-club in here, if the product is good, then people will buy it on itís own merits, it does not need to be whipped up into a marketing frenzy.

this is no different to any other bard on just about any other subject, each board looses sight of any objectivity etc etc. and in the end, it becomes the domain of a few with *any* other views expressed being shouted down, this to my mind does us *all* a miss-service.

Ron and co have done a lot of work, and should rightly be commended for it, I for one, would personally like to take a set of his cams and do some testing with them, (why re-invent the wheel etc etc?)

Back to the point on dyno's....

I don't think *anybody* in their right mind can argue that a RR is more 'real world' than an engine dyno, that's just dumb talk.

now, for *most* end uses, a RR is about all you have available to benchmark stuff, and I am not in any way criticising people using them for this stuff, however, if you business is engine work etc, then an engine dyno is really an essential tool. I do not own one, but I can rent time on one, and the costs are far from prohibitive.

Ron,

If you have this available to you, why not use it? You must know how much easier it is to do stuff on an engine dyno compared to in a car?

Showing me a dozen different printouts from XYZ RR etc is very commendable, but still fails to address the basic point here. You must remember that some time ago we were being told that a stock K20A was making 247Bhp with just a WOA manifold, ECU flash, and velocity stack and that this equated to 275+ Bhp at the flywheel, and I think even you will accept that this is was total fiction.

As I have said before, I am quite happy to take a set of your cams and do the test for you (in whatever methodology you deem necessary), Iíll even video it if you like, then we can get some real hard numbers for what they can and canít do.

Believe it or not Ron, I am NOT trying to be hostile towards you, and actually hold you personally in some regard.

Simon
Scuffers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message