Press Release from IPS : IPS-K2 8620 produces highest output on K20a Type R motor - Page 3 - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 01-23-2007, 06:29 PM   #41
NtegraDryvr
K20a.org Master User

Default Re: Press Release from IPS : IPS-K2 8620 produces highest output on K20a Type R motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23FE
That's a question for another thread, my man.

-Jalal
Yeaaa I was bein lazy. I'd like to see these revised K2's on a 2.4 like said above by someone else.
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2007, 06:34 PM   #42
MJ23FE
Lifetime Member

Default Re: Press Release from IPS : IPS-K2 8620 produces highest output on K20a Type R motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NtegraDryvr
Yeaaa I was bein lazy. I'd like to see these revised K2's on a 2.4 like said above by someone else.
Me too, but we gotsta wait for the dynos, j'know.

-Jalal

RIP Adam West
You were a great person.
MJ23FE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #43
Matador
Punishin' Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by NtegraDryvr
Possibly a stupid question here not sure. How would the new K2's compare to say a set of KME's? In a k24 which cam would be better suited for daily driving vs racing etc?
From what i hear k2's are more streetable, because the KME's are a bigger cam meant to be on a more agressive motor. Also i hear the idle is sorta lumpy with teh KME's but whats not to like about that.
#1 Bolivian k20aMember Punshin' Naughty Members
Just Killing The Competition
K20R Motor
[email protected] On AVS ES 100's *Real Street Tires*
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 05:25 AM   #44
6spd_EK
Lifetime Member

Fly my car out to church & I will beat that number after my hytech stg2 cam install - stock block k20a-R

edit i find it VERY hard to believe that material is the ONLY difference between k2's & 8620 k2's I want an independant test comparing the profiles of BOTH
Old 01-24-2007, 05:35 AM   #45
mike323
K20a.org Basic User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd_EK
Fly my car out to church & I will beat that number after my hytech stg2 cam install - stock block k20a-R

edit i find it VERY hard to believe that material is the ONLY difference between k2's & 8620 k2's I want an independant test comparing the profiles of BOTH
I would like to see a test on a dyno as well. I can also have the profiles analyzed from a guy near my place since he has the cam doctor.
mike323 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2007, 05:59 AM   #46
nikos
K20a.org Master User

6spd_EK: I am not sure why you want proof.. you would never buy these cams anyway. You are a hytech soldier.

mike323: Since you said that you actually designed your own cams, I am pretty sure that you understand why it is not a good idea for cam companies to be sending out their cams to be spec'ed.. It serves no purpose. Consumers do not have a clue how to interpret cam profiles.

I respect your concern but I highly doubt that IPS needs to proove that the profiles are the same. It doesn't matter. Let;s think about this.. If your purpose is to call IPS a liar indirectly, do not beat around the bush.. Just say it.
nikos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2007, 06:27 AM   #47
6spd_EK
Lifetime Member

niko's - yes I use hytech but my goal is not to use his parts but to have the highest hp stock block k20a-R just so happens that john's parts are in the recipe - edit I see the dyno posted as a challenge, just sucks that particular dynapack is across the country (as I see it I am 10lb/ft off the dynoposted - assuming church's is 10lb/ft higher than dynopacks & I still have ITR cams) EDIT - I'd really like to transport my car to church to find out

I spoke to john @ hytech about his 8620 cams...(after you quoted is 4yr old post from CRSX) he only uses them for custom grinds of cams when there is not enough material to make a cam using iron cores (for 4 cyl motors)... he uses 8620 on 8 cyl cams because the length & stress put on them b/c of the length. He did NOT suggest I get the same profile made out of 8620 to make more power.

lastly I would buy these k2 8620 cams if they made more midrange (& maybe peak too) than hytech's on MY motor. I'd be more than happy to test a set

maybe you could ask ron - whats the weight difference between the 2?
Old 01-24-2007, 06:35 AM   #48
nikos
K20a.org Master User

The weight difference is minimal and doesn't affect harmonics or vibrations. I highly highly doubt Ron would give a set out for testing. The only way he would do that, would be to set a place and time for him to come there in person and oversee the install and tuning... and then take them back with him.. These cams represent his blood and tears and he treats them accordingly. Remember Greg... He started out just like you a me. An internet K series fan that could not stop messing with this K20a2 motor. If you ever have time to kill go to clubrsx and see how Ron, Hytech John and Joe Mac where all getting along talking and testing K. Ron refers to these days as the open source days... lol Things were different back then and the K series industry is way different now.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:48 AM   #49
6spd_EK
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos
Remember Greg... He started out just like you a me. An internet K series fan that could not stop messing with this K20a2 motor. If you ever have time to kill go to clubrsx and see how Ron, Hytech John and Joe Mac where all getting along talking and testing K. Ron refers to these days as the open source days... lol Things were different back then and the K series industry is way different now.
very true... to all the pioneers including yourself, nikos & this board *wipes brown stuff off of nose* j/k

back on topic - those ARE some sick #'s... this guy might be able to squeeze more power out w/70mm TB & mod'd or custom IM
Old 01-24-2007, 06:53 AM   #50
nikos
K20a.org Master User

Yeah, he is not even running 3 inch exhaust. I am sure that Ron will test the IPS manifold on that motor when the time comes.

Knowing a little bit how he operates, I would not be suprised if he had plans to dynojet it as well.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:57 AM   #51
memphisraines26

if these cams make more power than the ductile iron K2s, where can I buy a set of the new 8620 K2s?
memphisraines26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2007, 06:58 AM   #52
6spd_EK
Lifetime Member

no 3" exh now I am scared... having the most powerful stock block k20a-R is not going to be easy. this guy should be able to hit 300whp @ church soon
Old 01-24-2007, 07:04 AM   #53
memphisraines26

i refreshed the page, didnt mean that to post twice.
memphisraines26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2007, 07:11 AM   #54
nikos
K20a.org Master User

You can contact ERL performance since they are an authorised IPS dealer. Retail pricing for cams, retainers and valvetrain comes out to be around $2289

I am sure they can get you a better price than retail but not by much. Because I stay commited to k20a.org users, if there is enough interest in the future I would be willing to help members buy these cams for a good price .. But I could not do that just for one buyer. I would need at least 10 and at this point with limited data, I doubt there is enough interest for 10 8620 orders. For more information about this please do not post , just PM me or an IPS dealer.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:09 PM   #55
k20ahondas
K20a.org Advanced User

You can also contact me for all IPS products.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:04 PM   #56
Ekasey
K20a.org Basic User

You also aren't informed that I will be designing him a header soon. or we will use one that's already in the IPS repretoire. 3" exhaust is still needed among some other things. If you're looking to be the most powerful stock k20block in the country, you're going to have to come claim the title from us. .

The car is owned by a friend of mine and i'm doing some consulting for. We will be testing soon including road race and drag. Just have to work on getting some other engine peripherals done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd_EK
no 3" exh now I am scared... having the most powerful stock block k20a-R is not going to be easy. this guy should be able to hit 300whp @ church soon

The opinions given in my statements may NOT be the opinions of the company i'm employed by. If you have exhaust or tech related questions I will be more then happy to answer them for you, thanks.

Please stop PM'ing me please e-mail or AIM

[email protected]
Ekasey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #57
6spd_EK
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekasey
You also aren't informed that I will be designing him a header soon. or we will use one that's already in the IPS repretoire. 3" exhaust is still needed among some other things. If you're looking to be the most powerful stock k20block in the country, you're going to have to come claim the title from us. .

The car is owned by a friend of mine and i'm doing some consulting for. We will be testing soon including road race and drag. Just have to work on getting some other engine peripherals done.
runs in corner I will settle for 2nd... 1st on east coast LOL
Old 01-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #58
TunerSource

damn... once again, you cant go wrong with any IPS product... Big Ups to ROn once again for making some new bad ass parts !
TunerSource is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2007, 06:21 PM   #59
mike323
K20a.org Basic User

Quote:
mike323: Since you said that you actually designed your own cams, I am pretty sure that you understand why it is not a good idea for cam companies to be sending out their cams to be spec'ed.. It serves no purpose. Consumers do not have a clue how to interpret cam profiles.

I respect your concern but I highly doubt that IPS needs to proove that the profiles are the same. It doesn't matter. Let;s think about this.. If your purpose is to call IPS a liar indirectly, do not beat around the bush.. Just say it.
Niko, I've never done any cams for honda because I couldn't compete with what was already out there, so I stuck with Mazda engines. I just ventured into the K series engine 6-7 months ago. Unfortunetly, I don't have time to create cam profiles for any motor these days. Designing cam profiles is not my full time job, I wish it was but that's not how things turned out, maybe in the future I can tackle cams again.I have two young kids and they're taking over my life.

I didn't call Ron a liar, I'm just skeptical. There's nothing wrong with questioning something that doesn't make any sense.
mike323 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #60
rsxmachine

Quote:
If you ever have time to kill go to clubrsx and see how Ron, Hytech John and Joe Mac where all getting along talking and testing K. Ron refers to these days as the open source days... lol Things were different back then and the K series industry is way different now.
too bad some of the liveliest threads from those days were deleted by overzealous moderators and a clueless site owner. I wonder if Ron still has that stuff filed away in his archives
rsxmachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message