K-Tuned Oil Pan Kit - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 11-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
[email protected]
K20a.org Master User

Default K-Tuned Oil Pan Kit

K-Tuned Oil Pan Kit

MSRP: $119.99 (Oil Pan, hardware, and magnetic drain plug)
MSRP: $99.99 (Oil Pan ONLY)

Applications: Direct replacement for all K20A, K20A2 and K20Z1 engines. Plus K20A3, K24A1, K24A4 engines which originally had a steel oil pan. May fit other hybrid applications where an RSX Type-S oil pump is used. Please inquire with us before ordering if you are uncertain about fitment.

If you have been playing around with the Honda K-Series engine long enough chances are you have seen a broken oil pan or two. Part of the problem is that a K20A, A2 or Z1 engine mounted in a K-swapped car (EG/DC2/EK) sits approx. 3/4" lower when compared to the older B engine. The other problem is the oil pan on these engines is made of cast aluminum which does not hold up well if it is hit by something hard. The result is usually a crack or even worse, the pan shatters and takes off a piece of the block girdle with it.

K-Tuned Oil Pans are made with thick gauge powder coated steel which more than likely will just dent if they get hit. Choose to buy our complete kit with oil pan, magnetic drain plug with K logo and a set of 16 bolts which are needed if installing on a K20A/A2 or Z1 engine. Most people forget or don't know that the original bolts for the aluminum pan are longer and will not work with the steel pan. The other option is to buy the pan only with no drain plug or bolts, which is perfect for guys replacing an existing damaged pan or who are building a new engine. To ensure the pan is sealed properly, we recommend using either Hondabond or Permatex Ultra Grey Sealer, part number 82194.

Please PM [email protected] if you have any questions.
Or email: [email protected]

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-08-2016 at 07:31 AM..
Mike@K-Tuned is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
F-BOM
Been There Done That

Default Re: K-Tuned Oil Pan Kit

is the drain plug available separately?
F-BOM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Ralph
K20a.org Master User

Sub'd

Definitely on my to buy list.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
ilovemyef9
Lifetime Member

Looks great! I assume that baffles like the Jun/Blueprint racing style baffle will work with this pan since it bolts to the windage tray and doesn't sit inside the pan. Can you confirm this?

www.facebook.com/RoundFAB
LIKE us!
ilovemyef9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
1994RedIntegra
K20a.org Basic User

Real Interested in this. But I assume you don't offer one with the option of another drain/fitting for turbo oil line?
1994RedIntegra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
ChaseIntegra
K20a.org Advanced User

I need to get one
ChaseIntegra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #7
em1ftw
K20a.org Basic User

These look nice! Just wish someone would make a bolt on steel pan for k20z3 though!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
iBoost
K20a.org Master User

I'm surprised no one has asked this - will this fit with an ERL S2K pump? How does it compare dimensionally to the K24 pan that is commonly used with the ERL S2K pump?
Old 11-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #9
alexEF
K20a.org Basic User

hoping that k-tuned will release a baffle option for this kit and can fit OEM also.
alexEF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #10
rcntype
K20a.org Basic User

Whats the difference between a stock steel k24 pan and this? Better question, why would someone buy this over that?
rcntype is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #11
alexEF
K20a.org Basic User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcntype View Post
Whats the difference between a stock steel k24 pan and this? Better question, why would someone buy this over that?
i assume you didnt read the 1st post.
alexEF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #12
rcntype
K20a.org Basic User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexEF View Post
i assume you didnt read the 1st post.
I just read it again. Maybe I'm missing something? I don't see any answers to my question in the post. Can you answer then?
Old 11-27-2013, 05:18 AM   #13
Rand0mb18c

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcntype View Post
I just read it again. Maybe I'm missing something? I don't see any answers to my question in the post. Can you answer then?
in there description it says it is made of stronger material then oem and its a steel pan made for the type s oil pump
Rand0mb18c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #14
rcntype
K20a.org Basic User

That part did stand out a bit the first time but being a newb I haven't internalized what can go with what yet. Thanks.

Now about an oil baffle...
Old 11-29-2013, 04:37 AM   #15
[email protected]
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BOM View Post
is the drain plug available separately?
Yes the magnetic drain plug will be available separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyef9 View Post
Looks great! I assume that baffles like the Jun/Blueprint racing style baffle will work with this pan since it bolts to the windage tray and doesn't sit inside the pan. Can you confirm this?
We have not confirmed fitment with any baffles at this time. From what we can see, if an OEM K20A3/K24A pan fits with the baffle you have our pan should also work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994RedIntegra View Post
Real Interested in this. But I assume you don't offer one with the option of another drain/fitting for turbo oil line?
Turbo Drain service is available from us for an additional $30. You must clearly show us where you want the bung welded. Size will be 10AN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
I'm surprised no one has asked this - will this fit with an ERL S2K pump? How does it compare dimensionally to the K24 pan that is commonly used with the ERL S2K pump?
Dimensionally from what we can tell our pan dimensions are very close to the OEM K20A3/K24A pan. However, we have not confirmed fitment with an ERL S2K pump yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexEF View Post
hoping that k-tuned will release a baffle option for this kit and can fit OEM also.
In time we do plan to make a baffle. Maybe we will have some time in the coming year to work on it.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #16
rcntype
K20a.org Basic User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand0mb18c View Post
in there description it says it is made of stronger material then oem and its a steel pan made for the type s oil pump
Sorry if i'm being a dunce but after reading the description it definitely doesn't say "stronger" material than OEM ( i think its the same material - mild steel ). I also just read and found out the oem k24 steel pan works perfectly fine with type-s Oil pump mod.

Again, sorry if I missed it but could someone tell me what the advantage of this pan vs the oem k24 pan as I'm always looking to upgrade my future swap?
Old 12-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #17
[email protected]
K20a.org Master User

Both the OEM pan and our K-Tuned pan are made from mild steel and coated. In the side by side comparison we did the OEM pan and ours are extremely similar. We did not measure, but our pan did feel a tad heavier which leads me to believe the steel may be slightly thicker. As far as an advantage over the OEM steel pan, there really wouldn't be anything else. This is simply a new oil pan and in most cases we expect orders to come from customers that are replacing damaged pans or building new engines. Having the bolts and the magnetic drain plug in the kit ices the cake.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #18
Cookiepuss

K20Z3 Please!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #19
TravisRSX
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
K-Tuned Oil Pans are made with thick gauge powder coated steel which more than likely will just dent if they get hit.
Did that statement not make people scratch their heads? Most likely meaning it wasn't actually tested properly? Why would you chance it when you can use the OEM steel pan?
TravisRSX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #20
Scourge
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!

Will this work with the K24A2 or K20Z3 oil pump (with balance shafts)? I like having them on a daily to reduce vibrations. I'm getting old. Lol. Have tons of grey already.
Vouches: Brian K - Karcepts, Dale - K20tuned, Kris (suprfast) - Performance Spec, Iggy (LithG) - Hybrid Racing, Cory - Sparkks, Rywire, 97ek20, EvoIX4me, Sleepingblacksir, AECampeau, ekcx, eK24monster, [email protected]

How to make your own charge harness: https://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37856 06+ Civic Si vs TSX shifter, cables and tranny: https://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38033 OEM wheel bearing dimensions: https://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37607
Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message