Wiring Woes! Help? - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 06-29-2008, 06:52 AM   #1
w2swdat

Default Wiring Woes! Help?

Hey guys, I'm unfortunately having some trouble trying to figure out how everything get's wired up and could DEFINITELY use some guidance.

First, the setup:

92 RHD Eg Hatchback
RCrew PNP harness (previously used on a LHD eg k-swap)
Hondata K-Pro.
NEW Motor: Itr k20a w/ stock engine harness.
PREVIOUS Motor: b18b LS

Now, the questions:

In the Hybrid Racing write up, it shows to leave this cluster of wires through the firewall, simply making a slit in the rubber to make room for the engine/pnp harness. Does this work the same with the RCrew?

(Please note that all sides are FLIPPED onto the opposite side of the Rhd firewall... this shows the passenger side of the engine bay.)

I was wondering if I could take that entire harness out or not?

These clips are all attached, but unused. Do I need them for anything?

The only thing that looks neccesary to keep in that whole harness is the part of the harness that runs to my passenger side headlight.

However, once split from the rest of the stock harness (under the glovebox I believe [is that correct?]), how do I go about reconnecting that to the RCrew, engine, or dash harness to give it power?

Another thing, after looking at photos, it seems like there's supposed to be some sort of clips or connectors at the end of these wires?

How and what do those connect to?

Also, where the PNP connects to the engine harness, I have all of these mini red connectors with cut wires coming out of them. There's maybe about 8 or so? I didn't count them.

I have a feeling these might need to be ran to something important?

Last, a photo of the whole area I'm working with.

Circled In:
White - The unused plugs. Needed/Not needed? They attached to the LS.

Red - Leave the harness through the firewall or remove completely, separating the headlight wires?

Blue (There are more than circled) - The cut wires near the ECU connectors.

Green - The area where the headlight wires connect to the rest of the harness. Unwrap and separate? If so, how do they reconnect to the car?

Any help would truly be appreciated! Thanks a ton!

Jason
w2swdat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
rbsjnh
K20a.org Master User

Default Re: Wiring Woes! Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by w2swdat View Post

In the Hybrid Racing write up, it shows to leave this cluster of wires through the firewall, simply making a slit in the rubber to make room for the engine/pnp harness. Does this work the same with the RCrew?

YES

I was wondering if I could take that entire harness out or not?

yes....but there should be wire going from the engine fusebox to the cabin one...you need to leave those, the wires for the headlights and such, should run to the engine fusebox....you need to leave those also....

These clips are all attached, but unused. Do I need them for anything?

no you shouldnt, but you should follow them in the cabin and disconnect them and not cut them....you could sell them later on if you do not need, and rhd harness are worth $....the engine bay parts just remove also

The only thing that looks neccesary to keep in that whole harness is the part of the harness that runs to my passenger side headlight.

Correct

However, once split from the rest of the stock harness (under the glovebox I believe [is that correct?]), how do I go about reconnecting that to the RCrew, engine, or dash harness to give it power?

where are the rest of the clips?

Another thing, after looking at photos, it seems like there's supposed to be some sort of clips or connectors at the end of these wires?

no they are probably ment to be soldered

How and what do those connect to?

follow the instructions it should tell you.

Also, where the PNP connects to the engine harness, I have all of these mini red connectors with cut wires coming out of them. There's maybe about 8 or so? I didn't count them.

these are a big concern to me...buy a soldering iron and heat shrink tubing....remove allof them, solder wires and heat shring....

they probably went to some aftermarket device which has been removed....but leaving wires like that could cause major problems....I would stop what you are doing and fix that now!!!

I have a feeling these might need to be ran to something important?

Last, a photo of the whole area I'm working with.

Circled In:
White - The unused plugs. Needed/Not needed? They attached to the LS.

Red - Leave the harness through the firewall or remove completely, separating the headlight wires?

Blue (There are more than circled) - The cut wires near the ECU connectors.

Green - The area where the headlight wires connect to the rest of the harness. Unwrap and separate? If so, how do they reconnect to the car?
rbsjnh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
w2swdat

Hey man thanks!

There is definitely wiring going from the fusebox through the firewall so I suppose that does need to stay. >_<

I didn't understand your part about the "clips" for reattaching the headlight harness to the Rcrew. However upon thinking about it, if I'm leaving that all attached and running through the firewall, I shouldn't have to rewire anything, correct? Because I'll just be seperating what's not used?

In reference to the 5 colored wires that you said should be soldered, unfortunately because I received the harness used, I did not obtain any instrcutions to follow.
Does anyone know what they need to be wired to? They branch off from the RCrew harness right by the main ECU plug.

About the red clips with wires coming out of them: It was also a concern to me, simply because it looked like it was going to be a large headache. They're attached to the end of the engine harness, directly inline, before one of the ECU plugs. You're saying i should just eliminates those entirely?

Thanks again!
w2swdat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
rbsjnh
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
Originally Posted by w2swdat View Post
Hey man thanks!

There is definitely wiring going from the fusebox through the firewall so I suppose that does need to stay. >_<

I didn't understand your part about the "clips" for reattaching the headlight harness to the Rcrew. However upon thinking about it, if I'm leaving that all attached and running through the firewall, I shouldn't have to rewire anything, correct? Because I'll just be seperating what's not used?

In reference to the 5 colored wires that you said should be soldered, unfortunately because I received the harness used, I did not obtain any instrcutions to follow.
Does anyone know what they need to be wired to? They branch off from the RCrew harness right by the main ECU plug.

drop r crew an email....I am sure they would help

About the red clips with wires coming out of them: It was also a concern to me, simply because it looked like it was going to be a large headache. They're attached to the end of the engine harness, directly inline, before one of the ECU plugs. You're saying i should just eliminates those entirely?

yes and just solder nd wrap all those wires.....

Thanks again!
rbsjnh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message