Intrinsic Performance Solutions (IPS) Cams/ITB Dyno Video(9700 RPMs)OverRev Mag Car - Page 11 - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 06-28-2005, 12:02 AM   #201
- guest -
K20a.org Advanced User

Default Re: Intrinsic Performance Solutions (IPS) Cams/ITB Dyno Video(9700 RPMs)OverRev Mag Car

Ethnicity: Filipino

Nationality: US Citizen, born and raised in LA.

-Ron
- guest - is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2005, 12:09 AM   #202
overlap..
Lifetime Members

Default Re: Intrinsic Performance Solutions (IPS) Cams/ITB Dyno Video(9700 RPMs)OverRev Mag Car

ah, i couldnt quite figure that one out. edo sounds so Japanese! Then i read somewhere Acevedo... American though so thats good. Couldnt help but to see a yellow nissan pop up a few places too, interesting, very interesting.
overlap.. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2005, 12:22 AM   #203
- guest -
K20a.org Advanced User

Yes, edo makes up the last 3 letters of my last name. It is also a classic period in Japanese history. The yellow S13 is one of many Nissans I have owned. I've been through 6 510's, 3 S13's, 1 B14 and 1 Z32.

-Ron

Old 06-28-2005, 07:17 AM   #204
overlap..
Lifetime Members

6 510's? all inline 6's?
overlap.. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2005, 08:35 AM   #205
2fastxeg
Resident Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chieF rocka
6 510's? all inline 6's?

you should see his current 240 and his sick ass 510... his 510 got a sr20 in it i think, but the car is clean, actually all of his car that i have seen are super clean, im surprised not a lot of magazines havent done any coverage on it !
2fastxeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2005, 09:02 AM   #206
K2e2vin
K20a.org Basic User

maybe K24 510 in the future?
K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2005, 10:03 AM   #207
allmtrallday
NOR*CAL

Default Re: Intrinsic Performance Solutions (IPS) Cams/ITB Dyno Video(9700 RPMs)OverRev Mag C

saw the car rippin out there on sunday. too bad SAC raceways track prep is always so damn shitty.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:01 PM   #208
Javier

Tell me about it, I wish that they would have tried a bit harder to prep the track. The car has a lot more potential, but the biggest problem was that we were not able to put the power in the ground, we tried everything that we cuold think of but nothing seen to help the car to hook.

Towards the end of the day we had to launch the car at 4500 rpm and we had to put the tire pressure at 5.5 psi on 24.5 X 9.5 X 13 and still continued to get high 1.7 60 foots.

I would like to thank Ron @ IPS and Alex for giving me the opportunity to go out there and do the testing on the car, I hope that by me giving them the feed back of the car it will help them solve the traction ploblem so that Alex can go to FONTANA and kick some A$$
Javier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2005, 01:09 PM   #209
- guest -
K20a.org Advanced User

Couldn't have done it without you Javier, thanks are in order all the way around to everyone that contributed toward the vehicle's success. There's a lot to do, and hopefully the bugs will get sorted prior to its next outing.

-Ron
Old 06-28-2005, 07:48 PM   #210
jon v
Lifetime Member

So when is the car getting stripped and the lexan windows goin in?
think about what you are saying here. educated people are saying that some portions of this safety device are in direct conflict with this little thing called physics and you are willing to ignore that simply because of the cage builders reputation? that sounds like religion to me. welcome to the church of fanboyology.
jon v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2005, 08:54 PM   #211
2fastxeg
Resident Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon v
So when is the car getting stripped and the lexan windows goin in?

Its a street car man !!!!!! haha i think we are trying our best to get a true street car into the 10 second range, the power is there, but getting the power to the ground is tricky..... Ron has a few options to use for a full race car, so thats all taken care of, Javier got a chassis just sitting there, hahaah...... either way, ROn is working on some sick motor setup for everybody to learn from, especially the 2.4 litre blocks that will be debuted soon...... very soon.... so look forward to that....
Old 06-28-2005, 09:23 PM   #212
11sec CR-X
K20a.org Master User

are you still running the stock type s diff??? or is it welded??? a spool??? Just wanna know If im cool to run slicks on my type s diff...
Old 06-28-2005, 11:37 PM   #213
2fastxeg
Resident Journalist

the transmission right now is running an OS giken Differential... too be honest with you, if you are running open diff, you'll never run the time that you want, and it seriously sucks to have just one wheel spinning.... when you are warming up your slicks, only one side spins, and when i tried to test out my motor with an open diff, the one tire would have a higher psi than the other and so when i launched the car, it would pull to the side very hard and i woul dhave to countersteer, other than the launching part, everything else is cool, but i highly recommend a LSD of some sort.... i would have to recommend on getting a Quaiffe LSD. cant beat a lifetime warranty..... i wouldnt go with a spool though, those things are pretty tough on the tranny, and if you have a street car, defnitely count the spool out..... just stick with an LSD, hahaha....
Old 02-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #214
suckafree
K20a.org Basic User

Default Re: Intrinsic Performance Solutions (IPS) Cams/ITB Dyno Video(9700 RPMs)OverRev Mag C

RIIIISEE from your GRAAAVVVE
Old 02-28-2008, 12:38 PM   #215
Ralph
K20a.org Master User

wtf?
Old 02-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #216
[email protected]
K20a.org Master User

lol
ELFATHER@wire-worx.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2008, 08:11 AM   #217
911/RSX-s
Lifetime Member

LOL Yeah, nice reminder of the exciting days when these cams first came out . . . so now go buy some from sctuned.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #218
suckafree
K20a.org Basic User

haha actually looked it up bc all of our customers expect numbers like the ones from churchs dyno, and we're on a dynojet. hard for some people to understand the differences in measurement factors. and it actually is an IPS customer we're tuning.