Built K24 JDM Integra 98 - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 03-07-2016, 04:52 PM   #1
jdmtony

Default Built K24 JDM Integra 98

Exterior mods
-Real Type R front bumper with lip
-Real Type r fenders with password JDM amber side markers
-Real type r hid headlights with 6000k ballast
-Fiber images carbon fiber hood with aerocatch hood fasteners
-TEIN hood dampers
-Password jdm front bumper carbon fiber naca ducts L/R
-carbon fiber vinyl wrapped roof
-carbon fiber vinyl wrapped side skirts
- full carbon fiber hatch
- password jdm rear wiper delete kit
- APR racing carbon fiber mirrors
--rear row hook
- new from honda wiper arms with rain x latitude blades
- new windshield
- new from honda side windshield moldings and clips

Wheels/tires
4 black 16x8 enkei rpf1's with Dunlop direzza sport tires 80% tread left
2 15x8" enkei rpf1 replica rims with 22"x8" mickey Thompson slicks
Arp extended wheels studs
Skunk2 bullet aluminum racing lugs

Interior
-pair replica bride low max seats- fabric is real bride
- wedge engineering seat brackets driver/passenger
- pair of takata 4 point harnesses certified through 2016
- momo pedals
- momo suede string wheel with nrg quick release
-type r Guage cluster
- hybrid racing shifter box with Blox shift knob
- password jdm carbon fiber airbag delete tray
- 4 digital AEM gauges all wired to datalog to k-pro (oil temp, oil pressure, water temp, and air to fuel ratio)
- full interior and carpet from seats forward, gutted from behind the seats back

Suspension/brakes
- k sport fully adjustable coil overs
-Skunk2 front upper control with adjustable camber
-Skunk2 rear lower control arms
- Skunk2 rear adjustable camber arms
- asr rear tie bar plate
- asr rear sway bar with billet end links , new not installed
-Blox brand new not installed rear trailing arm spherical bushings
-Goodrich stainless braided brake lines-new
- ebc red stuff pads- new
- power slot cross drilled and slotted rotors
-wilwood brake booster mounted to Chase Bays delete kit with single brake line in engine bay

Performance- all motor work done by Inline Pro and have all receipts
- k24a2 block with Darton sleeves
- eagle rods
- CP X Forged 12:5:1 pistons
K20z1 head- port matched to rbc
- super tech valves, springs, retainers,
-Drag Cartel stage 4.5 billet camshafts
-ERL S2000 oil pump
-RBC intake manifold
-Skunk2 70mm throttle body
-password jdm carbon fiber velocity stack with filter
-Okada project plasma direct coil packs (4)

So it's come a time when I need to part with my teg, I have owned this car since 2009 and have been through a lot with it. First let me say the car has a clean title and is in my name. The car currently runs but is not drivable at the moment, keep reading along and i will explain. I daily drove the car for the first two years until my friend took it for a spin and blew the original k20 that I had in it, from that point on i slowly rebuilt the car and motor for the intentions of making it a time attack/road course car so i went all motor. InlinePro out of VA built the K24. They took a stock k24a2 block and sleeved it with Darton sleeves and built the short block with eagle rods and 12:5:1 forged CP pistons. The head used is a stock port k20z1 containing supertech springs and retainers and running drag cartel stg 4.5 billet cams and put down 273Whp when tuned at Inline Pro on Hondata K-Pro. As far as other things besides the motor I did many things to get it ready for road racing but never fully finished, still needs a certified cage and better brakes. I planned on using AP racing brakes but as I'm sure you know they come at a huge premium. The takata harness 's I have in the car do expire after 2016 since I had bought them new and have sat that long.

as far as why the car isnt currently drivable. well first off there is a cooling issue. if you know about K series motors you know the thermostat housing is made of plastic . well mine had broke during the winter and had caused the motor to overheat, which im 99% sure now after trial and error has caused the head to warp. i know this because after 2 different thermostats in a new K-tuned bilet housing, brand new Koyo full sized radiator the water temp still wants to creep up every so often, only leaving one more option being the head, im sure now the warp in the head is allowing coolant to bridge between the water jackets. the beautiful thing is i have a brand new CNC ported/machined head with ferrea valves spring sitting in a box with flow bench chart from Team4Piston. its their pro 156 head. check out their site, its an amazing head. it will be comimg with the purchase of the car and all you would need to do is swap the current cams into this head and retune and should easily expect 30whp increase over the stock port head in there now and obviously eliminate the coolant issue.

now for the second and final issue with the car. The trans. after adjusting the 2 step / launch rpm with a small set of mickey thompson 22.5" slicks at a test and tune at the track somthing poped in the trans and from that moment forward she hasnt been able to move. i havnt diagnosed what exactly has happened inside the trans because i havnt had time to rip it apart but i believe the lsd broke. the car goes into every gear like normal, theres no grinding wierd noises or anything and when you let go of the clutch when its in gear nothing happens either. so who ever purchases this car essentially needs to swap the head with the one that will be provided and either swap the trans with a different trans or fix the current one and your good to go. i know its work and thats why you will see the price is low for what the car is. i have spent way too much money and time on this car and i know i obviously will not see that value back out of it i have put in. honestly if i had the time and the money i would hold onto it and finish it but i have neither. i also have lots of old parts that are still good like the gsr leather back seats and tons of other parts that were takin out during the build. i also have some new parts that i would be happy to throw in like bnib blox sperical bearings that never got installed, brand new beaks lower tie bar. brand new ASR rear sway bar with end links, brand new skunk2 6k rear racing springs and more.

asking 7900 obo
no trades

for any and all questons im best reached by phone at 3016596618

Last edited by jdmtony; 03-14-2016 at 05:09 AM..
jdmtony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message