first kseries skunk2 IM dyno test - Page 12 - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 08-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #221
eddsi
Lifetime Member

Default Re: first kseries skunk2 IM dyno test

No
eddsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #222
june
Lifetime Member

All I got out of this is the RBC is the best bang per buck manifold out there for a stock to mild build... I would like to give a thanks to all those who tested out the manifolds...
Old 08-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #223
jon v
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by june View Post
All I got out of this is the RBC is the best bang per buck manifold out there for a stock to mild build... I would like to give a thanks to all those who tested out the manifolds...
I've heard people saying that for a long time...

RBC is good to 300whp, if you want more there are options. But how many people need a manifold to support over 300whp or 9K+ RPMS? And how would it perform in a test at that level Vrs the competition, power per dollar?

I think the RBC is unbeatable for the price, Honda spent a lot of money designing it i'm sure. It would probly cost a good deal of money, in R&D, to improve on it... Something anyone other than an international auto maker might have trouble supporting and distributing.
think about what you are saying here. educated people are saying that some portions of this safety device are in direct conflict with this little thing called physics and you are willing to ignore that simply because of the cage builders reputation? that sounds like religion to me. welcome to the church of fanboyology.
jon v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #224
june
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon v View Post
I've heard people saying that for a long time...

RBC is good to 300whp, if you want more there are options. But how many people need a manifold to support over 300whp or 9K+ RPMS? And how would it perform in a test at that level Vrs the competition, power per dollar?

I think the RBC is unbeatable for the price, Honda spent a lot of money designing it i'm sure. It would probly cost a good deal of money, in R&D, to improve on it... Something anyone other than an international auto maker might have trouble supporting and distributing.
Yes I know... Now we all can continue to say it is the best manifold up to 300 hp...
Old 08-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #225
talonxracer
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderdick View Post
seriously s2 supporters are just grasping at straws whats the point of producing a manifold that will only work on 10% (if that much) of your customers cars. and again im not a hater i wanted this manifold to succeed im just mad it didnt.

If you think I am a supporter of junk2 you are far from correct(read my sig), that company left a very bad taste in my mouth over the stg2 cam debacle. All I am saying is that from all appearances that should be were that S2 mani will perform, stage 3 cams and spinning to the moon. It has already been established that it doesnt surpass or equal the venerable RBC already thanx to you and a few others.

Hell over on the other forum I am a mod on, I was pm'd within minutes of posting your results and asked why I always bash Junk2(so that shows they read every posting that concerns them)

We simply need to wait and see if someone will take the chance and give it a try with a fully built stage3 engine.

PAIN is fear leaving the body....

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer."
- Major I. L. Holdridge, USMC
The only good Commie, is a dead Commie ! ! !
talonxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 07:29 AM   #226
H2nr
K20a.org Advanced User

Location: 2nrs of Springfield home of the fastest Hondas in the 417 area since 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderdick View Post
what more do you want? between all our tests this manifold hasnt beaten an rbc. we want an rbc killer for that price. if this manifold is only for 300+ cars then why the hell would they advertise it such. please pm me a price shipped for a bag of whatever you are smoking
Again you are taking your graph as proof when it is obvious by the waves in the HP line that something ist right. It maybe the cam angles or maybe just the intake length or something else. Ether way something is off. What do you think would happen if you put the AFI mani on your setup? The power will go down over most of the rev range your are working with. Maybe it just me but it looked like the power was starting to take off at the top of the power band on your graph. I am not saying there isn't something wrong with the mani but this isn't as cut and dry as you seem to think.

PS at least you got the mani you paid for. I have customers that pre paid for manifolds from @&$ two years ago they still have never recieved.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #227
allmotaitr

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonxracer View Post
Again not all that hard to understand at all, there simply wasnt enough flow for the ported mani to operate properly. Now put that ported RRC mani on a stage3 cammed high reving K20 and you will see some gains.

I have seen a simple smoothing of a RBC's runners(internally) make significantly more power at the top end, but as soon as you start actually removing material and increase the dia of the runners the power production starts to fall off unless you add more lift and rev's. this can also be verified on a flow bench.

Short large dia runners require high lift and revs(or boost) to make power.

We have yet to see a built K20 with big cams and spinning to the moon run this mani, I bet that is where it will actually shine.
A K24 and a K20 require different mani designs to work properly as the airmass flows differently in the runners.
so in the s2 manifold point.. wouldn't the fast ramp vtec cross over on the sk2 stg3 cams benefit the manifold? whice would bring the mid range back into play?
allmotaitr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #228
haulin79

An intake manifold design can be optimized for 3 basic "classes" of motor builds. The optimum intake manifold design for each of these motor classes WILL BE DIFFERENT.

1. Stock Motor (i.e. small cross-section runners)
2. Built Motor (i.e. medium cross-section runners)
3. Forced Induction Motor (i.e. large cross-section runners)

ONE intake manifold design CANNOT be optimum all three of the above motor classes.

This means that if the Skunk2 manifold was optimized for 2. then it will not do as well on 1 or 3 (without porting).

We can likely agree that an unported RBC was optimized for 1.
A ported RBC will do great on 2.
I have heard that the Skunk2 IM is based on a ported RBC, i.e. designed for 2.
A ported Skunk2 should do great on 3.
haulin79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #229
KidnKorner
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2nr View Post
I have customers that pre paid for manifolds from @&$ two years ago they still have never recieved.
This is why I never sell anything I don't have in my hands, it only sets you up to look bad when the product doesn't make it's debut. I never believed in prepaid sales or paying to get a spot in line for a product.
KidnKorner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #230
The Sword
K20a.org Master User

im still stuck on the fact that it fits like hell.

skunk2, can you confirm or deny this manifold was ever test fit on a swapped car aka 95% of your customer base?
The Sword is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #231
murderdick
K20a.org Basic User

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2nr View Post
Again you are taking your graph as proof when it is obvious by the waves in the HP line that something ist right. It maybe the cam angles or maybe just the intake length or something else. .
actually im taking the graphs from my test and the test suja did on a built motor as proof. and my graph is a result of ALOT of pulls, it originally lost more power it took alot of tuning to bring it back up.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #232
signalpuke
K20a.org Master User

signalpuke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message