Ek Civic K24a4 Install Questions (Important!!!) - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 09-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
smit9352

Red face Ek Civic K24a4 Install Questions (Important!!!)

Okay,

First off the car is an EK Civic previously running a turbo k20z3 setup.
The valves in cyl 3 decided they didn't like staying in the head so a couple broke off (pictures later once it's disassembled) so now I'm going to be swapping in this fresh K24a4 I got for cheap.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they know off hand will I be able to swap my k20z3 oil pan onto my k24a4 without any complications or will this pose a problem?

Everywhere I've read it's telling me that the only thing I'll need to do is use the k20z3's 10mm oil pan bolts vs the k24a4's oil pan bolts. But I'd like to ask the guru's or the guy's that have done it first hand.

Also any other parts I'm forgetting or will need to swap over off of my k20z3 onto the k24a4? I've gotten all of the obvious parts but any specific sensors or anything else that will surprise me upon install?

Thanks everyone,
John
smit9352 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 02:12 AM   #2
kr4win
Lifetime Member

Would be worth swapping over to the k20 oil pump all together, also I think u need a crv passenger side mount cause it's a different hight I think. You'll prolly have to modify the exhaust slightly as well.

WWW.DEFCON-RACING.COM
OptionOptionJDM
WWW.OPTIONJDM.COM
kr4win is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 05:09 AM   #3
smit9352

Default Re: Ek Civic K24a4 Install Questions (Important!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4win View Post
Would be worth swapping over to the k20 oil pump all together, also I think u need a crv passenger side mount cause it's a different hight I think. You'll prolly have to modify the exhaust slightly as well.
If it's a direct swap over with no modification involved then I can, if anything is involved I'll have to do so at a later point in time due to the time constraints I'm on and also I've got the passenger side k24a4 mount. I noticed the height of the engine was taller so I know the rear of my hood will be raising up unless I cut webbing and also figured I would have to modify my exhaust due to the height increase as well.

Did you know about the oil pan specifically tho?

Old 09-30-2011, 06:05 AM   #4
kr4win
Lifetime Member

No I don't, but I do know the the crv bracket thing helps a lit with the hight issue.

WWW.DEFCON-RACING.COM
OptionOptionJDM
WWW.OPTIONJDM.COM
kr4win is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 06:24 AM   #5
smit9352

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4win View Post
No I don't, but I do know the the crv bracket thing helps a lit with the hight issue.
Oh okay thank you, Yes, I know about the height issue which really won't bother me since I've always been a fan of the "raised hood craze"

I guess my search continues...
Thank you for your information tho.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
crip
Lifetime Member

you definitely want to swap that oil pump over while doing the swap, the oil pan should be no problem. you can put a k24 pan on a k20 with no problem so should be able to use k20 pa on k24 just as well. the k20 oil pump iws added insurance and will let you rev a litttle higher if you choose to. the k24 also gonna be turbo'd?
SOLD TO:iboyma, donsep3, honda_12v, allmotorbubble, Nitro1018, ZAKE, alex_KS, Db2K, shattamac, spoonhacked, richir587, datdude814, FlacoNAEG, michalo187, youhan23, valerio123, 7800rpmlaunch, screech, miaep3, 1320whtrex, asnstyle22, rvf35nc, sictegboi3, 828DC5. BOUGHTFROM: josh2man, kid, ek9-10, stRoKeD, xbigpitax, ohsnapzfingcu, mountainK, ctechone01, jpax, kadamski5140, i-vtec-eg, mo_spec, chefandre, sik20, cjm, mlotz29, yeven_stas, REALDEAL, KDub-ZeroEG, jchetty, 2.4L ef, nine2fivek20, blankyjet TRADED WITH: Acurazor, rsxmatt1985 VOUCHES: josolanes, sik20, flipsx3, noobiemcnooberson, BMFC
crip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #7
smit9352

Quote:
Originally Posted by crip View Post
you definitely want to swap that oil pump over while doing the swap, the oil pan should be no problem. you can put a k24 pan on a k20 with no problem so should be able to use k20 pa on k24 just as well. the k20 oil pump iws added insurance and will let you rev a litttle higher if you choose to. the k24 also gonna be turbo'd?
Turbo'd yes, but I foresee a problem with trying to swap that oil pump over as everywhere I've read there is modification/fabrication to add the pump over vs just simply swapping pans. The pickup on the z3 is a little taller I notice but I'm not sure if it's a direct swap over and I noticed the chain on the front of the engine? The chain will have to be taken off as well I assume?

If I do not swap over the pump what are the drawbacks?