Help and info needed on a K20a engine - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 06-24-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
pasadenapauly

Default Help and info needed on a K20a engine

Ok I have a 2003 ep3 with the base k20a3 engine in it. I was wanting to buy a
K20a from ebay and it comes with the transmission and everything. First question is do I really need the 6 speed transmission or can I just buy the engine and put that in my car?
Another question, is putting the K20a from a Dc5 the thing I should do for the money to get alot of power? Or is there something I can do to my base engine like use the K24 head and get the same amount of power for less money?
And if I do go with the K20a from a Dc5 will the transmission and engine bolt up exactly? is there anything special i need to do to anything or just use the ecu that came with it? Any help would be great im new to swaping.
pasadenapauly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
Blazed
K20a.org Master User

Default Re: Help and info needed on a K20a engine

Welcome to the forum.

1. U don't NEED the 6 speed transmission but I would certainly recommend it.

2. U want the k20a or the k20a2 and yes they r worth the money. Instead of buying it from ebay (unless it is a reputable dealer who has sold motors before with feedback) I would suggest u either look for a longblock (the engine, no transmission) here on the forums (again, make sure u buy from a reputable seller) and buy that or u can contact engine distributors/sellers like hmotorsonline and gurantee receiving a clean motor. Forget about the k20a3. ;)

3. Your ep3 stock transmission and the k20a/k20a2 6 speed transmission BOTH will bolt up to ur new k20a/k20a2 longblock. I recommend sending in ur ecu whether PRB (k20a2) or PRC (k20a) to a hondata dealer to get Kpro'd. K pro is a must, eventually, to unleash the power. GL!!!
Blazed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
pasadenapauly

Default Re: Help and info needed on a K20a engine

ok thanks for the info, so after the swap i can still run it with the K20a ecu until i get enough money for a Kpro right?
pasadenapauly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message