RSX-S NA build underway... What should I expect? - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 06-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
RtSjX

Default RSX-S NA build underway... What should I expect?

Alright guys, little background real quick, I just recently bought an 03 rsx-s not too long ago, this will be my first kseries, it has a Brian Crower 2.35 stroker, eagle rods, and 12.5:1 comp ratio CP pistons (stock bore) and manley rings. No head upgrades, nothing, in fact the owner said the valve seals were shot (oh boy were they) smoked like nothing Ive ever seen before. So now I have this project rsx and have taken the motor out and opened 'er up and of course everything on the combustion side of the head was completely burnt.
Alright, so Ive ordered a bunch of parts for the car, mostly for the head, and I was out here looking for comments and concerns with the direction Im going in from all you knowledgable ktuners out there.
Ive bought Supertech valve seals, BC dual valve springs, retainers and seats, skunk2 stage 3 camshaft, skunk2 high comp valves, BC head gasket, competition clutch ultralight flywheel. And Im going to send the head out to a machine shop for a 3 angle valve.
Theres alot of things that Im not too sure about such as; am i going to have to modify the head get the stage 3s in? Is the stroker kit going to inhibit the full potential of those cams? (Ive heard you sacrifice rpm for displacement when dealing with strokers) How high can I rev to without messing things up on the stroker? And currently it is running on a reflashed or stock ecu, I plan on getting kpro one day, but everything else has sucked the bank dry for the moment, kinda worried of how it will run...
So ya, theres the topic, lets hear the good and the bad.
RtSjX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
RtSjX

Default Re: RSX-S NA build underway... What should I expect?

bump for some good input
Old 06-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
kr4win
Lifetime Member

Kpro should be higher on your list, o bet running the stock ecu is what cooked everything by running what to lean. Also you may what's the get some rdx injectors as your prolly maxed out hard on the stock 310cc

WWW.DEFCON-RACING.COM
OptionOptionJDM
WWW.OPTIONJDM.COM
kr4win is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
RtSjX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4win View Post
Kpro should be higher on your list, o bet running the stock ecu is what cooked everything by running what to lean. Also you may what's the get some rdx injectors as your prolly maxed out hard on the stock 310cc
Ya, your right. I do realize the mistake Ive made in not getting the kpro. The flywheel is deffinately goin back to help bump the bank up some. Originally the car did have a kpro on it, tuned for just the bottom end, but the dude I bought it from snatched it and wants like 1300 buck for it. Is that high, I think it is, but what do I know?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:18 AM   #5
kr4win
Lifetime Member

Very high, if u have an ecu already it's $850 to get it kpro'd.

WWW.DEFCON-RACING.COM
OptionOptionJDM
WWW.OPTIONJDM.COM
Old 06-17-2011, 04:37 AM   #6
RtSjX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4win View Post
Very high, if u have an ecu already it's $850 to get it kpro'd.
Got a link I can find one for that price? Finding a number of 950+ out there, none that low...
Old 06-17-2011, 04:43 AM   #7
kr4win
Lifetime Member

It's around 850 give or take for kpro and install, if u have an ecu already. Take a look around the site and you'll find Wich company it is, I think there are a couple but u need to pm them to find out exact pricing. Also importdps has a prb and pnf kpro for sale pm them.

WWW.DEFCON-RACING.COM
OptionOptionJDM
WWW.OPTIONJDM.COM
Old 06-17-2011, 05:00 AM   #8
Blazed
K20a.org Master User

You shouldn't have to modify anything on the head to install cams, no matter what stage they r, if they r meant for that head/motor, that is. You might want to invest in a exhaust cam gear from junk2 and stuff to be on the safe side. Search.

The stroker kit will do fine with the cams. Some people run those cams on stock stroke as well.

Yes, generally speaking, u do sacrifice some rpm as u increase stroke as power comes in earlier in the powerband with higher strokes.

How high u can safely rev will depend on what valve springs u run and up. U can rev to the moon if u want and blow ur motor or u can rev to where u make power until, which can only be seen on the dyno.

It will run as good as the parts/install/tune that goes into it. GL!!
Blazed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message