Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

RSX with K-Pro hesitation at low RPM - need help

13K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  gtimportfanatic 
#1 · (Edited)
My 2004 RSX Type S is giving me all kinds of troubles at low RPMs. I have reviewed other threads and I see answers ranging from TPS issues to clutch problems, but I do not believe that either of these will resolve my issue. I have a few mods done to my car. I have a completely built top end, intake, exhaust, and of course, K-pro. I have data logged the hesitation that I am experiencing just in case it will help and I have also videotaped it. This issue is becoming more and more annoying. Someone please help! Thanks

http://youtu.be/uoXMtg_AL3A

Attachments

#6 ·
my car does the same thing too.. check your tps in the kpro to see if u have a 0-100 reading.. go to the knock sensor tab, and at the bottom there are two field with a read button, with no throttle read the 0 then full throttle read the 100. if you read anything other than a 0 and 100, this can be the cause of a hesitation, i have the same issue in my EP3 where i did change the tps and i have yet to ercalibrate it so it bucks at low speeds and can be compensated for with this reading but its still not going to be 100% unless it reads properly. the other thing i was thinking about is maybe because of your mods you could be hitting a lean or a rich spot too.

#11 ·
Lean protection is turned off. I really dont think that it has anything to do with my tune or K-Pro for that matter. I have two codes P0138 (Secondary O2 circuit high voltage) and P0139 (Secondary O2 circuit slow response). Could these be causing my issue?

#13 ·
^ that could be it, i don't run any of the o2 reading stuff and the car has not done it .. not sure if its directly related but it's worth a shot. BTW i see you are local to me, who do you hang out with? and do you ever plan on getting it tuned? i might have solutions for ya

#15 ·
I actually moved to Hawaii and didnt have my location updated, and its already tuned.

Thanks for the tips guys. I do have one dumb question though. Since my car was tuned in New Hampshire, do I need their data file in order to make changes in K-Pro?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.