: K24-20 advice

Langan
10-14-2009, 02:56 PM
To most of you, you guys know what you are doing with these Tuner type engines. To old hot rodders like me building is easy but computer controlled motors are a hole new thing I am at a loss. I just don't speek the same language I am building this Midlana and now I am at a point where engine hardware is needed thing like AC-PS removing pullies, water necks, intake manifolds,oil pans. Is there any shops or people in WA. state any of you could recomend?
At the moment the motor is a K24A2 and the trans is X2M5 and want to keep it NA and use as a track day car.

Texasnick
10-15-2009, 06:09 AM
I believe ASP is in Seattle. They will do porting and custom work, and their headers especially are really nice.

Talk to one of them....they should be able to head you in the right direction.

Good luck with the build man.

kb58
10-15-2009, 07:47 AM
Between www.k-tuned.com, www.hybrid-racing.com, and www.clubrsx.com, you should find all the bits you need. They specialize in handling engine swaps, in essence, exactly what you're doing.

For example, the belt-tensioner I'm using is from k-tuned. The baffled Mugen pan I think I got from King Motorsports.

I know a new engine is a bit overwhelming, but you've chosen an excellent drivetrain - there's HUGE aftermarket support for the K-series.

Above all else, spend time here reading, and reading, and reading. Be sure to use the Search button. All your questions have probably been already dealt with by people doing swaps.

I have a vested interest in you succeeding, you know!