Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Nstygrnhatch's Del Sol Build - Shaved & Tucked

12K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  nstygrnhatch 
#1 ·
Hey wanted to introduce myself to the build threads...My name is Dan and I live out here in VA. Been in the honda game for awile, and got out for a bit and finally wanted to get back in and go all out. What better way then to go for a k swap :). Here are some of my old rides...

00 Civic EX with JDM B16A Swap

My 800 dollar 1990 Nissan 240SX

92 Civic HB VX, Turbo GSR 314whp 216 Trq

94 Teggy with JDM Front, Volks, Champ White Paint and B20

I wanted to make a build thread just for the simple fact I want to track and see my progress on my car and give ideas and inspiration to fellow k20a.org members. Here we go:

Last october I bought a 93 Del Sol Si for 2k with the plans of going k20 and building it up from the ground up.

After months of waiting I picked up this jewel for 2300. 02 RSX TypeS with 76k

Now I dont have any pictures of the stock form of the del sol but you can imagine what a stock del sol looks like.

Here is my setup

Engine:
-02 K20A2 with 76k on the ticker
-Hybrid Racing Mount Kit annodized black
-Sparkks Racing conversion harness
-K-tuned Fuel Rail
-K-tuned Fuel Pressure Regulator
-K-tuned Fuel Filter
-6AN Fuel Lines
-K-tuned clutch line
-K-tuned cold air intake w/velocity coupler
-Replica hytech header
-K20Tuned Swap ECU
-Custom 3" exhaust with vibrant muffler

Transmission:

-6spd RSX Type S Transmission
-Competition Clutch Stage 4 Ironman Clutch
-Competition 8lb Flywheel
-Base RSX Axles (Inners Swapped)
-Hybrid Racing Bolt In Shifter

Suspension:

-KYB AGX Struts
-Tein Lowering Springs
-Energy Suspension Master Bushing Kit

Exterior:

-Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
-16" Drag wheels with Yokohama Tires

ON WITH THE BUILD!!!!!

Z6 GONE!

The carnage

At this point I had been collecting parts...seeing which route I was gonna go and what parts to get, etc, etc.

After doing some side jobs and long hours at work , I finally got going with the project with the dead line to make it to east coast honda meet. I started with the grinding wheel and started shaving down the firewall and smoothing out the frame rail.

I found this website www.automotivetouchup.com and ordered some base coat and clear in spray cans and painted the bay...it actually came out really good. (this is just temp until the car gets repainted)

Then some parts I collected along the way

Then this HUGE fan i bought at lowes, great for those hot days in the garage

Hybrid Racing shifter installed

Brake tuck in progress...

I wish I took more pictures but I was in such a hurry to get everything done the right way and it was time consuming so the last thing on my mind was to document it. but this picture is when the brake tuck and wire tuck was finished and the dash back in the car with the hybrid racing shifter

Bay mocked up and ready for the motor drop in

K20A2 FTW!!!!

Towed the car to my buddies exhaust shop and had the exhaust made....

Finshed product (swapped wheels with my DD)

Had the car dynoed at Adrenaline Auto after the honda meet and this is what it made

I was pretty stoked!!!

My Future plans are to strip the whole car back down and have it either resprayed the stock captiva blue or go with another blue and go with a high quality set of wheels and suspension

Thanks for looking!!! :dance::dance::driving:

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice build man :up: How many cans of base and clear did you use to paint the bay? How many coats of base and clear? What kind of prep work did you do? I'd like to give this a try

#6 ·
I used one can of base and two cans of clear. as far as prep work, I grinded all the studs down with a grinding wheel and then used body filler. After the body filler prep and self etching primer, I used a red scotch brite pads scuffed everything down, then took wax and grease remover, wiped the whole engine bay down then shot base, then clear...

#20 ·
K so i got my charger up and running (took like 4 trips to the parts store to find the right freakin belt) and installed my DC5 LSD and it is a MONSTER and only running 5-6psi.

Looking to upgrade to a 3" (11psi) or 2.8" (13-14psi) pulley and water/meth injection :)

#23 ·
U can usually work it out with ur tuner. 1st tune $x amount and then retune is like 20% of x .

I was waiting for my twindisc clutch and my tuner agreed to retune for free if my clutch slipped on dyno. I still got 450hp out of a stock type-s Clutch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.