K20a swap into 03 Civic EX - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 02-01-2004, 07:26 AM   #1
Triple_Black_22

Default K20a swap into 03 Civic EX

I'm in the process of getting a K20a motor to put into my 03 Civic Ex. A few questions:
What's a fair price for my current 1.7l motor. It's very mint with only 13k miles and serviced regularly with Mobile 1. For the most part it has been babied, afterall, it's not a motor to go fast with.

Secondly, I've learned that when I acquire the Japenese RSX-R motor, since my car has a vehicle immobilizor that I will have to have the ECU from the RSX motor reporogrammed to accept my key. My question is, if I want to keep the immobilizor, will my new motor start? If it does start, how long can I drive on it before it cuts out? How much am I going to pay to have the ECU flashed?

Thirdly, what parts do I need for the swap. Obviously the motor with all the usual accesories, and a HASPORT mount kit. What axles should I use, (02 Civic Si?). I need the shift linkage for this swap, correct?

Finally, is this a difficult swap. I've done a handful of b16 swaps into bubbles and crx's but never known anyone who's attempted this swap before. Any tips guys?

Thanks for listening!
Triple_Black_22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2004, 09:21 AM   #2
Thmotorsports.com
K20A.org Sponsor

Default Info on k20

Dude, you can go to www.7thgencivic.com if no one helps you here. There is a lot about the swap info and how to do it. To answer your question-- if your motor starts with the ECU not reflashed then you are fine. it should work if you have the ECU that came with your motor has the imobilizer settings I believe.
Thmotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2004, 09:22 AM   #3
Thmotorsports.com
K20A.org Sponsor

Default swap

Your D17 is worth with a tranny around 600 if your lucky. The motor is not very needed and since all the EM's around are new, no one really needs a motor. You can instead build that D17 and I can help you get all the parts. Our soon to be store will specialize in performance for the d17 and k20 so let me know.
Thmotorsports.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message