Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Progress Thread: K24A2 into EG. Tech Questions Asked/Answered Here.

257K views 423 replies 102 participants last post by  Chance EG 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Well this weekend I started my project. The purpose of this thread is for you all to see my progress and to help me when I get hung up along the way. My goal is to have the car running by August 1st. I have 3 weekends to do that. With your help, I believe this is doable.

Let's get started!

Here's what we're working with:

The tired 265,000miles D that never failed. The little engine that could:

D is coming out:

Here I am cleaning the bay. Simple Green is good stuff:

The clean bay:

This is after we painted the bay. We used a flat black rust proof primer, then high temp gloss black for finish.

On The Menu For Tomorrow:
Shifter Box/Karcepts Kit
Engine Mounts
Wire up Jumper Harness

See less See more
#3 ·
Today supafly came out to talk and offer some advice. He really knows his stuff. :up: After he left I had to go pickup my intake because it was shipped to the wrong person. When i got back from that, I didn't have alot of time but still managed to work on the car a little bit.

Started by drilling out the spot welds of the rad brackets that need to be relocated to the other side:

Then I drilled out the welds for the condensor brackets that won't be used:

Then I got started on the engine mount by drilling out the spot welds:

This was messy:

And here's where I'm at now (still need to grind a crapload down):

#4 ·
damn bro WTF did you do?? lol you know the reason for drilling out the tack welds is to make life easier, if you drill out bigger holes you will cover the entire tack weld and the whole mount pops right out without having to bash it like that or grind anything down. go back to the hardware store pickup some bigger drill bits and redrill the holes wider, trust me on this if you havent already grinded the crap out of it.

#6 ·
Been busy but have done a little.

Put on ep3 idler pulley and alternator:

Installed the pass bracket (thanks Chameleon):

Installed Karcepts kit (Thanks Brian, I'm amazed at your engineering skills!!):

Test fitted Integra console and it seems to fit perfectly:

#7 ·
It's gonna be a sick little hatch when it is done...

Integra console?

#9 ·
Looking good...

I hate wiring, I don't think I could have done that. I just don't have the patience for wiring. :eek:

#11 ·
loooking real real nice!!!! :up:

what kinda manifold and tb you using?

and what tranny and starter??

keep the pictures comming, and the do and dont's what works what doesn't :up:

#12 ·
bossman032 said:
loooking real real nice!!!! :up:

what kinda manifold and tb you using?

and what tranny and starter??

keep the pictures comming, and the do and dont's what works what doesn't :up:
I'm using the stock tsx IM for now, with a type s TB with speedwerx adapter plate. I just didn't want to mess with the water port.
The starter is off a 02-04 type s. The tranny is a type s with quaiffe lsd.

#13 ·
Here's the work we did on replacing the old steering rack and pinion with the Quaife one:

That's how the new bearing came :silly:

Here's the old rack/pinion after the new one was installed

Here's the full writeup:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1317231

#17 ·
Ok, does this look right to you? I installed the crv mount. It just seems really close to the tensioner. I forgot how the belt is routed so maybe I'm worrying for nothing:

Did some other stuff.

Finally got around to installing the 4040 prop valve. Hopefully my braking will be a little more balanced now.

Painted the TSRM for a stealthier look (not like they're not gonna hear me coming, lol):

The intake I spent way too much on:

Bling Blang Bloong!

#18 ·
Question:

Ok, I got my rear subframe brace on but I can't install the sway bar because when I tried to remove the endlink bolt from my old sway bar, it snapped. Not only that, I tried to extract it with a screw extractor, and that snapped too!! :( There's no way in hell I can drill it out. Is the only option taking a plasma cutter to it? lol

I'm not gonna just replace the sway bar because this one has ES bushings in it, and I'm not going through that pain again.

This is what I'm talking about:

#19 ·
drill it out and just use a nut and bolt, btw you got nothing to worry about on that crv bracket, got plenty of space there.

btw i just received my ep3 cable, its kinda long for an EG, im sure it works just fine but the gsr i have is still way shorter in total length so i kept that, i think this cable fits better in EK's where the motor is pushed farther fordward.

#22 ·
damn im lookin forward to my swap but not the days upon days to get it in... you seem to be making steady progress though as far as prep. good luck with that bolt. be prepared to possibly re-tap that hole one size larger with all that drilling goin on in there.

#24 ·
man you dont know how quick my buddy *carefully* tore open that same kind of box last summer for his RSX-S. like a 4year old on xmas day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.