Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My EF Kswap Turbo thread.....Pics

97K views 370 replies 67 participants last post by  NyKyle 
#1 · (Edited)
So I finally decided to take a few pics of what will eventually become my K20a2 turbo Crx.... Pretty much doing everything on my own in my garage and will send out the car when I cant do anymore work on it myself...Sorry Kevinoneill I couldnt wait... I got a $50 gift card for Home Depot from the job and bought a Jack and one thing led to another when I got home and before I knew it we were doing the damn thing...:silly: ..... Here is my parts and price paid list:

(Everything purchased brand new except engine, TB, Intercooler, Turbo)

Stock K20a2 swap with Type S Tranny $3,300 Blown motor.. :(
RBC Manifold $200
Karcepts Adapter plate $80
Power2Rev Racing IMG $34
Type R Throttle Body $150
AEM Fuel Rail $130
RC 1000cc Injectors $360
Aeromotive FPR with Gauge $150
Oil Pressure, Boost, Water Temp, & Fuel gauges $200
Apexi Turbo Timer $80
Walboro 255lph in tank pump $90
ClutchMasters FX600 Twin Disc $1,200
Tilton Twin Disc Cerametallic Clutch Kit $1,400 Piece of sh*t broke
Tilton Hydraulic Release Bearing kit $425Piece of sh*t broke
AFI Sidemount T4 Turbo manifold, 3 inch Downpipe & dumptube...$1,400
Precision T4/PT67 Turbo . $800
Tial 50mm Blow off Valve and 44mm Wastegate $500
Precision 680hp Intercooler $300
Perrin Electronic Boost Control Solenoid Valve $95
AEM Uego Wideband $240
Golden Eagle Vacuum Manifold $36
Hondata Kpro... $985
Karcepts Shifter Plate $150
Speed Source Shifter Bushings kit $25
Hasport EFK mounts and Temp Port Switch. $530
Hasport EFWK Wiring Harness $300
BDL Industries Alternator Pulley with 39" 6 ribbed Belt $95
Suja 1 Motoring Clutch line $50
Gator Racing Axles Stg1 $300
OmniPower Sport Suspension... $540
Intercooler piping and CMC install $622
Silicone Couplers, VBand Clamp and T4 gasket $100
9 3" T Bolt Clamps $50
K24a4 Engine Block $600
TSX Rods and Pistons $120 SOLD....
Honda K24a2 Rings and Thrust Washers $135
Hot tank and hone block, polish crank, clean pistons and rods from machine shop $115
CRV Timing Bracket and K24 Headgasket $95
ACL Main and Rod Bearings $120
CP 9:1 87.5mm Pistons $410
IB H Beam Rods $360
K20Z1 Cams $150
ARP Head Studs $100
ACL Main and Rod Bearings $120(For CP pistons)
Bore, Hone, Hot Tank, micrpolish Crank, Pin fit Rods and install pistons, Check A2 Head $300
Cometic 88mm Head Gasket $68
10ft. 4 GA Power cord for battery relocation $13.50
Gold plated battery post $5.00
NGK Spark Plugs (8's) $28
XRP M12x1.25 6AN Solex Fitting $7
Radiator Hose clamp $0.50
3 inch Exhaust and Muffler $360
ETD Racing Traction Bar $200

So far my total invested is a little more than $18,104... (Oil, Coolant, telfon tape and minute miscellaneous things not calculated)

I will update the thread and pics as the parts come in... Comments and suggestions (Suspension, exhaust, IC piping, radiator, wheels, etc...) welcome.

I decided to go with the 3 Pulley setup so that way I can save from cutting out this on the hood, plus it looks alot cleaner.. notice the clearance with the 3 washers on each bolt and BDL Industries Alt Pulley...:up:

I also upgraded to the 99-00 Brake Booster for better braking.. I felt I might as well since I have Integra suspension all the way around..

I am going to try to do this one as clean as possible regarding the wires...Im trying out this wire tuck idea I guess..

I was going to use this front end but since the sensors on the top of the throttle body and the Vacuum port for the Brake booster hose sits too high, I have to seek an alternative route for the front end..There is NO WAY that any stock OEM or JDM hood will fit this swap with an RBC manifold..

See that 2.4 Block over there on the left?... Its just waiting for my Tax Return I think I will build it up... This Stock setup is pretty much just to test the limits of it on more of a conservative level for Daily driving and track. I'm shooting for 450+hp on stock internals on Race gas...Thanks Everyone....

See less See more
#3 ·
Not so much the hose for it, but the actual tube that sticks out of the RBC manifold for this hose. I already accidentaly threw out the hose anyway...:(

#4 ·
Wow man I didnt know you have a full race crx haha. Looks like things are coming together quite well. I cant wait till my stuff comes in. I should be getting my stuff in on the beginning of the new year when I get back in town. And when I do ill have to throw together a little build thread too...of my deer beaten eg since I hit another deer the other day. Thats 2 in a month. So once this car gets boosted I doubht it will see night time or deer season driving. :(

#7 ·
Droppedcrxsi said:
Lookin nice! So the RBC IM is outta the question on stock sir hood, ey? Ya, I figured:down:

Keep it up man:up:
Thanks... But ummm yeah... with that RBC its out of the manifold. Custom it is... Im also looking to run an actual Slave cylinder and get rid of the Cable. Anyone done that in an EF before with helpful info, pics, writeup?

#12 ·
rexman said:
1320WhtRex,

Yes, another sweet ass KR-X!

Nice front end, thats too bad about fitment problems. :mad:

Keep them pics coming bro:up:
Yeah... Tell me about it... I still want to use it but I dont want to have to Cut up the hood section.. Rather just do that with an OEM hood and make the middle custom... It's still up in the air though... I did get my Slave Cylinder today (Thanks bigcalidave) so I now I will need to get a Civic or Integra CMC and install it. I will take pics of this as well..

#14 ·
kevinoneill said:
That's ok, just means now you owe me a joy-ride or 2.... or 3... or 4.... :D
Deal......

#16 ·
CRXBart said:
Very nice. I hope you get your IM situation straightened out. The xcessive motorsports one might do the trick for you. From the looks of things I think it will fit. I'm gonna call them for dimensions.
Thanks.... I really would like to have the Throttle body on the Other side though, which makes the Intercooler piping situation much easier.... Let me know when you get the specs of this IM.... maybe I might switch over.. It's gonna be pain to get this one out though. :eek:

#20 ·
I got the pulley from anothe member here on the Forums... JDM EJ1 95.. He had the set and parted it out...

#22 ·
ef89wantsk20 said:
is it for the street!!!!
Yes sir!!!.... Occasionally...... It won't be my daily driver but it could be.....trying to stay more track to avoid law enforcement problems......

#25 ·
honda_b_blastn said:
Did you run with the 31inch belt? or did you need to get a larger one to suit the washer/pulley setup?
Not sure of the exact size of it. I know the name is Gatorback from Goodyear. I will post the part number when I get home.. Project as for now is going really slow... I started school and am going Full time plus working 40 hrs a week..:eek: Starting to get depressing.. Im waiting on my Manifold, DP and Dumptube Jesse@AFI so I can at least get it out of here for piping...Oh well.

#26 ·
1320WhtRex said:
Not sure of the exact size of it. I know the name is Gatorback. I will post the part number when I get home.. Project as for now is going really slow... I started school and am going Full time plus working 40 hrs a week..:eek: Starting to get depressing.. Im waiting on my Manifold, DP and Dumptube Jesse@AFI so I can at least get it out of here for piping...Oh well.

hey, i plan on running a hydrolic clutch pedal set-up also:up: i got a pedal assembly out of a 95 civic si (from a friend) and also a master cylinder from a 95civic si. i plan on running the hardline through the framerail thats about the only "wire tucking" i plan on doing. no ugly clutch cable resting on the valve cover and i love the pedal feel of hydro :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.