K20 CRX - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 04-12-2004, 10:12 PM   #1
JETLAGRACING
K20a.org Basic User

Default K20 CRX

Jet Lag- A temporary disruption of bodily rhythms caused by high-speed travel across several time zones
JETLAGRACING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2004, 09:01 AM   #2
B18c1Crx

very interested on how you did this swap. how much for mounts? what kind of header you used? and how hard is the wiring? please help me :!: :lol:
Old 04-16-2004, 09:17 PM   #3
JETLAGRACING
K20a.org Basic User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18c1Crx
very interested on how you did this swap. how much for mounts? what kind of header you used? and how hard is the wiring? please help me :!: :lol:
It's not my car, go to www.Honda-Tech.com and IM allmotorpacman, thats his car and you need a gude hood.

Jet Lag- A temporary disruption of bodily rhythms caused by high-speed travel across several time zones
Old 04-17-2004, 01:05 PM   #4
909rex

not really just get a hood and put scoop on it.. also that motor doesnt even run... theres no EF with an running k20 and if it is running its useing the rsx harness and the axels are at a 45 degree angle..
Old 04-17-2004, 04:06 PM   #5
JETLAGRACING
K20a.org Basic User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909rex
not really just get a hood and put scoop on it.. also that motor doesnt even run... theres no EF with an running k20 and if it is running its useing the rsx harness and the axels are at a 45 degree angle..
Correction: a gude hood might help.
Don't challenge my posts, just putting a scoop on it won't help.

Old 04-17-2004, 08:38 PM   #6
909rex

how will it not help if the problem is over the valve cover and unless you need the whole entire engine bay up 3 inches then ya... that ugly ass hood some people might want... :twisted:
Old 05-24-2004, 10:10 AM   #7
jon v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Zero
Don't challenge my posts, just putting a scoop on it won't help.
HA HA
jon v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2004, 10:26 AM   #8
nikos
K20a.org Master User

more pics

nikos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2004, 12:10 PM   #9
nikos
K20a.org Master User

Old 07-09-2004, 12:20 PM   #10
nikos
K20a.org Master User

And 2 sweet videos

www.k20a.org/upload/video005.mpg

www.k20a.org/upload/video008.mpg
Old 07-09-2004, 04:26 PM   #11
909edge
K20a.org Basic User

You want this thread http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread...327&page=1

Summary off the top of my head, read that whole 11 page thread if you want to make sure I'm right...

Mounts and wiring by Doctor Charles (also wired the S2K gauge cluster)

Yes it runs and it did 11.9 on its 5th pass at bakersfield stock internals still
909edge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2004, 03:32 AM   #12
JETLAGRACING
K20a.org Basic User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909edge
You want this thread http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread...327&page=1

Summary off the top of my head, read that whole 11 page thread if you want to make sure I'm right...

Mounts and wiring by Doctor Charles (also wired the S2K gauge cluster)

Yes it runs and it did 11.9 on its 5th pass at bakersfield stock internals still
I can't find a guide anywhere I want to know how to setup a cooling system surge tank.

Old 07-13-2004, 11:03 AM   #13
909edge
K20a.org Basic User

Yeah that shits pretty cool huh? I will try to look at it closer and make a little diagram and maybe get some part numbers when I see him next week. Or you can PM him or post in that thread hes a cool guy he'll help you out. Used to have a sick ITBed S2000...
Old 07-13-2004, 02:10 PM   #14
JETLAGRACING
K20a.org Basic User

Quote:
Yeah that shits pretty cool huh? I will try to look at it closer and make a little diagram and maybe get some part numbers when I see him next week. Or you can PM him or post in that thread hes a cool guy he'll help you out. Used to have a sick ITBed S2000...
Yeah that shit is pretty cool, I pm'ed him too.

Do'nt forget about the diagram and where the connections go and stuff!

Old 07-14-2004, 04:20 PM   #15
909edge
K20a.org Basic User

OK I didn't get a chance to look at the surge tank setup, but I did get to see this car run this morning at about 4am in the Valley. It raced a red EG with a fully built B20, both cars on slicks. The red eg got 5 cars headstart and the CRX still owned him by like 6 carlengths. This race was for $2500. Pretty sick stuff.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:41 PM   #16
Blue-Civic-Hybrid

The only word that comes to mind is WOW...very nice...maybe someday when I get rid of my S2000.... :twisted:

Anybody wanna buy a 2001 S2000 with 19k miles for 22k?
Hondata S200b
225WHP and 158ft/lbs
Tuned by Church/Hondata

2001 S2000= minor bolt ons...
Blue-Civic-Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2004, 06:06 PM   #17
JETLAGRACING
K20a.org Basic User

Quote:
OK I didn't get a chance to look at the surge tank setup, but I did get to see this car run this morning at about 4am in the Valley. It raced a red EG with a fully built B20, both cars on slicks. The red eg got 5 cars headstart and the CRX still owned him by like 6 carlengths. This race was for $2500. Pretty sick stuff.

Oh damn but I still need info on that setup though.

Old 07-14-2004, 10:04 PM   #18
nikos
K20a.org Master User

Quote:
:shock: Ok, first you need to give us the whole rundown.... pre race, race, post race comments

Second we need to buy you a video camera :P
Old 07-15-2004, 02:20 AM   #19
909edge
K20a.org Basic User

OK if you really want the whole deal -

The red EG that Art raced apparently has a "fully built" ALL MOTOR B20/VTEC. Couldn't find out much about the setup but I saw it with the hood up, heard it driving and saw it race so I can give you my impression. This car probably makes about 230 at the wheels. Its running some sort of custom race header and no exhaust. Big cams you can tell from how it sounds. It ran on small slicks on 14" rims. Probably a low 12sec car.

Arts car is still setup how you see it in the pics above. Stock internals, ITBs, header, no exhaust. Those ITBs look fucking sick sticking out of the hood like that. He ran on pretty big slicks but I couldn't tell you the exact size. I'd say low 11s maybe 11.0 from this car.

Apparently they ran on monday night - the race was handicapped giving the red EG 5 cars. Bet was $1000. Art won by about 10 cars but the red EG's driver claimed he broke his shifter during the race (he still paid). All this is secondhand i wasn't there monday.

By Tuesday the buzz about this race was growing and so was the bet. Eventually it got up close to $2600. Due to a number of delays the race didn't go down till about 4am. The CRX arrived on a trailer, the EG was driven up and slicked out in a parking lot. Both cars were held down for big burnouts and then lined up, with the EG again taking a 5 car handicap.

Apparently Art jumped the start in the CRX but I couldn't tell cuz I was at half-track. The flagger still dropped his hands and he was part of the other driver's crew so I don't know. The CRX came out of the hole hard (on a stock K20A clutch!) and by half track he had maybe 2-3 cars. Finish line the CRX took it by 8 cars.

Because of the issue with the start the race was disputed and the EG wanted to run again. Unfortunately the B20 ate an alternator belt during the first race so they had to reschedule. As I type this the race is about to happen again so I will update you tomorrow but I am certain that Art will win. Last night he was planning to give the red EG the move just to eliminate any possibility of dispute. If you don't street race, giving someone the move means that instead of watching the flagger you launch when you see them launch, thus giving them an advantage. Not enough to make up for 8 carlengths though.

Basically K owns.

Oh and video of monday, tuesday, and tonight's races will be up soon.

EDIT: I don't know if I was clear about the handicapping. The red EG started 5 carlengths ahead of Art's CRX both nights.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:04 AM   #20
sensei

insanity....great thread!
http://ffdet.com/members/jan/
http://ffdet.com/members/jan/pics/camteg.jpg
sensei is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message