Introduction thread for people that cannot wait 24 hours to make their own thread - Page 72 - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 03-19-2017, 01:32 AM   #1421
JackstandK20

Default Re: Introduction thread for people that cannot wait 24 hours to make their own thread

Just the new guy trying to boost a k20a2
JackstandK20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2017, 01:59 PM   #1422
dc4_jon

Default Re: Introduction thread for people that cannot wait 24 hours to make their own thread

Hello guys!

I drive a DC4 Integra RS w/ a K24 swap. It needs TLC but i have to start somewhere right.
dc4_jon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 09:01 AM   #1423
ScottyFg2

New guy here, just joined today so I can get all the info I need for my k20/k24 Frankenstein swap that's going in my 10' Fg2.
ScottyFg2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 12:48 PM   #1424
LotusElise
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackstandK20 View Post
Just the new guy trying to boost a k20a2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4_jon View Post
Hello guys!...I drive a DC4 Integra RS w/ a K24 swap. It needs TLC but i have to start somewhere right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyFg2 View Post
New guy here, just joined today so I can get all the info I need for my k20/k24 Frankenstein swap that's going in my 10' Fg2.
Welcome to the best K-series Forum .

Good to see we have a new 86 stroke TC setup and two big displacement NA engines . I am looking forward to see your threads, questions, ideas, ...

Markus
LotusElise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 05:23 AM   #1425
Denverk24

Hey everybody!

Brand new to this forum, actually brand new to the cars as well. I recently just "bought"(Very long story) a kmod k24 swapped 2004 rsx. Hit 258 whp on the dyno. Anyhow i am active in many subaru forums and joined because i have way to many questions about these vehicles and their worth/potential. I helped my buddy install the swap and after he was forced to move due to family reason he signed the car over to me.

I am wondering how ling until i can make my own threads. 5 posts?

How much do these things usually go for?
What preparational steps should i take to get the vehicle ready before starting? It has sat outside for around a year.

Last edited by Denverk24; 04-11-2017 at 08:07 AM..
Denverk24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2017, 01:34 AM   #1426
Arnold95

Hi Everyone!

I'm Arnold from Poland, 22 years old FN2 daily driver
Arnold95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2017, 06:17 AM   #1427
LotusElise
Lifetime Member

Welcome guys to the best Honda K-series Forum in the world wide web .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverk24 View Post
Hit 258 whp on the dyno.
Sounds very nice

Quote:
I am wondering how ling until i can make my own threads. 5 posts?
Not sure about it. In my case it took one or two days I was able to post. I believe there is a certain duration to wait necessary.

Quote:
What preparational steps should i take to get the vehicle ready before starting? It has sat outside for around a year.
Depends, from an engine developer perspective:
  • definitly do an oil change, maybe put in some gum/coke disolvance to clean the piston rings for some days before starting and before oil change.
  • check out coolant if it smells...I would also change it with fresh coolant.
  • Load the battery for a good starting performance.
  • Check out for bird-nest ...I mean for parts, sticks, leaf any kind of particle or part which don't belong to the enginebay.
Of course you can just start her, but K-series engines deserve only the best maintenance, as those are high revving engines, which means cracy high forces and tensions in the crank assembly and valvetrain parts. If your engine is already capable of almost 260 whp it likely have a cam with bigger lift (= more stress on the valvetrain parts and TCT and TimingChain (TC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold95 View Post
I'm Arnold from Poland, 22 years old FN2 daily driver
Hi Arnold, seems to be most European guys here came from Poland now .

Markus
Old 04-21-2017, 06:29 PM   #1428
MIATA_RACER

Short and sweet. Using my old forum name. I'm an autocross guy mainly but I do some track stuff in my other cars as well.

Owner of a 2002 RSX type S. Running in STF with SCCA. Bought it off a friend and campaigning it to try and win a solo championship. Ambitious right? Lol
MIATA_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 04:58 AM   #1429
LotusElise
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIATA_RACER View Post
Using my old forum name. I'm an autocross guy mainly but I do some track stuff in my other cars as well.

Owner of a 2002 RSX type S. Running in STF with SCCA. Bought it off a friend and campaigning it to try and win a solo championship. Ambitious right? Lol
Welcome back MIATA_RACER! I am looking forward to see reports about your way to your championship!

Markus
Old 04-22-2017, 11:36 AM   #1430
Mlyno

Hello, i've got k20a3 ep3 si with alot of issues
Mlyno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 01:53 PM   #1431
MIATA_RACER

Well a good day at the practice after the timing chain job. also got the new wheels on the car. White painted AP1wheels and ball seat lugs for to and from events. 7.5s in the front of course.

And fuck the pics are normal on the phone and flipped here. Lame. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusElise View Post
Welcome back MIATA_RACER! I am looking forward to see reports about your way to your championship!

Markus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3158.jpg (431.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3161.jpg (644.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3159.jpg (567.7 KB, 5 views)
MIATA_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2017, 07:50 AM   #1432
LotusElise
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlyno View Post
Hello, i've got k20a3 ep3 si with alot of issues
Mlyno, welcome here ...post it in a thread if you don't find it, you will get help here anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIATA_RACER View Post
And fuck the pics are normal on the phone and flipped here. Lame. :/
My you need to rotate your phone before uploading . Very nice car

You don't run semi slicks?
Old 04-27-2017, 12:49 AM   #1433
leoparker990

Hello everyone!
I m a new guy here,just joined today to get a maximum information about K motors.
leoparker990 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017, 12:23 PM   #1434
Philliboy

Hi, just joined and looking for info to take my FN2 onto the next stage of K20 tuning......currently running 247bhp...next is head work and cams as want to stay NA and might look at K24??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4219.JPG (697.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4225.JPG (667.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4220.JPG (627.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4212.JPG (710.0 KB, 6 views)
Philliboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2017, 10:50 PM   #1435
Shawn Naylor

Hello, I was researching data for my build I am doing I have a 7th gen accord with the k24a4 in her and I recently bought a k20a2 head for the frank build that I am starting..... well when researching I keep finding people who say that the k20 or another oil pump is recommended. well what I really just want to know is why is the k24 oil pump is not recommended or if I use the k24 pump would it hurt anything since they all basically do the same thing? or do I have to switch and modify the whole build for the oil cooler Etc....?"would prefer not to" also I've had some random questions here and there if someone could help and give me some straight yes or no's that would be great feel free to message me or point me in the right direction thanks much in advance...
Old 05-06-2017, 07:45 AM   #1436
K20reya2

Hey everyone,
Swapping a k20a2 into an 2000 EX looking for all the info i can get about Honda's.
K20reya2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2017, 03:27 AM   #1437
em1okc

Hey! Doing a k24 swap in a em1. Tons of into here so I figured I'd sign up. Great stuff
em1okc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2017, 05:33 AM   #1438
LotusElise
Lifetime Member

Welcome here to K20a.org guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliboy View Post
...next is head work and cams as want to stay NA and might look at K24??
Depends on your goal and mainly on your budget on time and money. A K24/K20 block/head combination would give you the most alluring torque line for an DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Naylor View Post
...or point me in the right direction thanks much in advance...
Tons on info on that

...but you could also contact e.g. deibral and the other Frankenstein-riders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20reya2 View Post
Hey everyone,
Swapping a k20a2 into an 2000 EX looking for all the info i can get about Honda's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by em1okc View Post
Hey! Doing a k24 swap in a em1. Tons of into here so I figured I'd sign up. Great stuff
Looking forward to your contributions or question at K20a.org guys! Good to see there are still some NA engines builds here.

Markus
Old 05-12-2017, 07:19 AM   #1439
MountainDew

Hello everyone! Been creeping this thread for quite awhile and it helped me get my k24 swap done on my ep3. Been one problem after another and I hope the good people here can point me in the right direction on getting my power numbers where they should be. Hate when a decent build comes together and makes crap power!
MountainDew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2017, 08:04 AM   #1440
LotusElise
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
...I hope the good people here can point me in the right direction on getting my power numbers where they should be...
Welcome here, MountainDew. Isn't Mountain Dew a drink in the US?

No problem, start a thread and describe those issues, so much well experienced guys here, we will find a solution.

Markus