Hasport efk2 mounts - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 03-16-2017, 08:50 AM   #1
Ef9vtec

Default Hasport efk2 mounts

Has anyone used the hasport mounts efk2 to fit a k24 in with getting hood to close? Supposedly it lowers the motor 1" would this cause any problems doing this?
Ef9vtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2017, 07:28 PM   #2
mitchyz250f

Default Re: Hasport efk2 mounts

I talked to Hasport twice yesterday (disguising my voice) and got the same answer both times. They said the EFK2 allows the K24 to have the same head height as the k20 with the old Hasport mounts. That being the case you would be able to use a JDM 'style' hood with the underside webbing removed and close the hood just as you do with the k20 and the older mounts.

So does the additional 19mm drop cause and problems with axles? I was told it doesn't with stock Type S axils unless you have 500+whp and run drag tires.

If you are using a K24 with the stock crank pulley you will run into rubbing issues with the stock radius rod in severe turns. Hasport sells a 'drop radius rod' that prevents this for $49.00, its called the EFKRod and it not up on their site yet but should cost around $50.

Last edited by mitchyz250f; 04-04-2017 at 11:17 AM..
mitchyz250f is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2017, 12:31 PM   #3
Ef9vtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchyz250f View Post
I talked to Hasport twice yesterday (disguising my voice) and got the same answer both times. They said the EFK2 allows the K24 to have the same head height as the k20 with the old Hasport mounts. That being the case you would be able to use a JDM 'style' hood with the underside webbing removed and close the hood just as you do with the k20 and the older mounts.

So does the additional 19mm drop cause and problems with axles? I was told it doesn't with stock Type S axils unless you have 500+whp and run drag tires.

If you are using a K24 with the stock crank pulley you will run into rubbing issues with the stock radius rod in severe turns. Hasport sells a 'drop radius rod' that prevents this for $49.00, its called the EFKRod and it not up on their site yet but should cost around $50.
Thanks for the info that's what I wanted to here lol .Only thing now left to question would be, by doing this how much oil pan to ground clearence will there be? And will it still be streetable like that?

Old 04-06-2017, 07:29 PM   #4
mitchyz250f

I'm speculating here but...I was told by some k-swappers that at least by eye the K20 oil pan was at the same height as the stock motor. Therefore the k24 oil pan is going to be 3/4" (19mm) lower. I'm planning to lowering my car 1" and I'm not worried about it especially with the steel oil pan of the k24.

It would be interesting to here from other k-swappers if they agree with my first statement.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:04 AM   #5
Ef9vtec

Here is a video I found with k24 lowered the 1" in a ef. It's not using efk2 mounts but shimed down with hasport mounts. Hood clears fine (with the fiber images hood) which is the one i have and showed oil pan clearence. It is pretty low!

Last edited by signalpuke; 04-25-2017 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: Fixed Video, use [yt]videolink.whatever[/yt]
Old 04-07-2017, 09:14 AM   #6
Ef9vtec

Well I can't seem to get the video to work on here? Anyways in you tube search...

- k24 crx hood closed explained.

There is a video of an orange crx that showed everything.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:07 PM   #7
mitchyz250f

Ef9vtec - That is the video of the orange CRX.

Don't know if the guys car is lowered and I couldn't find out how much deeper the Moroso pan is...so I can't comment.

But as I said before maybe some EF kswapers will till us how low the oil pan on the k20 with the original Hasport mounts is. Than add 3/4". Thats your ground clearance.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:50 PM   #8
signalpuke
Keep walking...

Fixed the link w/explanation in the edit notes.

Do the new mounts still require cutting/welding?

New to the K-Series? ☆★☆★ DIY and FAQ ★☆★☆ <------- CLICK THE LINK!
Otatsiihtaissiiststakio piksi makamo ta psswia
signalpuke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 07:34 PM   #9
Ef9vtec

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalpuke View Post
Fixed the link w/explanation in the edit notes.

Do the new mounts still require cutting/welding?
As far as I can see from hasports site it still requires cutting and welding just gives you an option to mount either k20 or k24 and be able fit under jdm style hood. Also I don't see why a person couldn't mount a k20 on the lower setting for the k24 and be able to clear a usdm hood?