Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Hybrid racing shifter box

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  ItsPm401 
#1 ·
I just installed a hybrid racing shifter box and I am having a issue..it's so hard to go into reverse. I have the stock rsx shifter cables. It goes into reverse fine but it takes extra work! Is it just that I have to get use to the shifter? And is it suppose to be that way

#3 ·
It's typical for reverse to be more difficult. It's possible that you're running into an issue, but it's more likely that you're just getting used to the shifter. If you narrow the gate spacing, it'll be easier to get into reverse. If you don't have the gate spacing (left/right motion) set to the shortest throw (the lowest position the pin can go in), try that and see how it works for you. Also, raising the shift knob height will make it easier to move the shifter left/right.

~russ

#4 ·
Ohhh okay thank you!! I figured it out I moved the shifter further away from me and it got so mucho easier!! And I have it set to the shortest possible shift! Boy do I love this shifter it has soo many settings!! I was there just playing around with the fitment

#7 ·
I assume you mean our k-swap shifter box? We have 2, one for the A2 transmission and one for the Z3. I believe the A2 one is on backorder. Give our sales guys a call to get ETA's if you need them. They'll have them, but I don't personally know when we'll get our next shipment.

~russ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.