Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

The New J37 ZDX Measured,Installed,Tested and Dynoed with facts and specs.

69K views 162 replies 28 participants last post by  Fandi_Alias 
#1 ·
Hey all and I am here to bring you all the facts and comparison with the J37 TB and the J35 TB that Rich was too lazy to do :p.So come on over and support our guys at Autofair for all your OEM parts and if you like the intake you can find them here VersionCustoms.com

My mods during tests on my FA5:
Motor-stock
Exhaust-Invidia Q300 catback
Header-Kidd race
Intake-3.5 CAI intake vs 4"
Pulley-RZ pulley kit
Injectors-stock
Tune solution-Flashpro

Facts:
1) J35 inlet ID 67mm/J37 inlet ID 78mm
2) J35 outlet ID 64mm/J37 outlet ID 69mm
3) P2R adapter plate inlet ID 75mm and outlet ID 65mm which you can port match to 70mm like me.
4) Silicone couplers and reducers should be 3.25" the fit J37 inlet nice and snogged.
5) I have gained 3whp Just by this J37 upgrade but note I was not able to test the J37 before honing the RBC.

First up a comparison between the J35 and the new J37 ZDX inside diameter.

I had Honed out my Intake Manifold RBC inlet to 70mm prior to getting the J37 and then I did the same to the P2R adapter plate from 65mm to 70mm it all turned out great!

3.5 intakes is no match for this bad boy whose your bitch now 3.5s.

I cant say the same for my Ultimate 4.0 CAI intake.

This is how you would setup the vacuum line for the evap and brake booster,you can use a T or Y fitting.

Dyno after tune was complete with my 3.5 intake + J35 TB

Dyno with same tune and 3.5 intake + J37 TB

Recent dyno with my 4" intake + J37 TB and on the same tune no revision.

See less See more
#49 ·
What I would truely love to do is to test a unport matched intake manifold with the 3.5" and 4" to see the difference then do the same test with the Intake manifold port matched to 70mm? Then I will move onto the cams and see what the gains I would get.

#52 ·
Just talked to Rich a little bit ago. I will give this a shot on my 8th gen SI. Mods will be: Skunk2 Alpha header, Ultimate Racing 3" CBE, Kelford 179-a's, RRC, TSX/ZDX TB's and Custom 4" intake. I will try to get a baseline dyno run with my unported RRC and TSX TB with 4" SRI intake with cleaned up AFR's and some minor tweaks by me. Then I will have Slowmotion Motorsports here in Ohio tune for the ZDX tb. I will post dyno plots as soon as I can. It will be a few weeks out.

#58 ·
I also spoke with P2R the other day to find out if they have those adapters for the ZDX TB 70mm straight through and they said they could make it if they get an order of 10 and more so if the 70mm bore makes a difference in #s then we could all do a group buy.

#65 ·
Nice! I also got a unport matched adapter plate 65mm coming in so I can see how a 65mm inlet will affect the 4" CAI.So far my torgue is very noticeable and I don't need to down shift that often when over taking someone its silly to say but it feels like a set of mild cams was installed becuase the car feels a lot more aggressive than before with the J35+3.5 intake.

#69 ·
With my current setup and the 4" intake I tested a velocity stacker and a AEM dry flow same day and the results are interesting it seems gains was minimal and for the headache the velocity stacker cause me given its 7" wide diameter its was a pain to install behind the bumper and the length or the pipe was longer due to the coupler thats needed to install the stacker on the pipe causing the stacker filter to touch the bottom of the bumper comparing to the AEM that gave me 4" clearance from the bottom of the bumper and better positioning of the intake pipe.

Velocity stacker gave me 1hp increase but lost 2tq
AEM brute force gave me 1hp less but gained 2tq

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.