Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

K20 in a Mini

13K views 37 replies 7 participants last post by  bigjack 
#1 ·
Hey there I am currently doing a project of putting a K20 Honda civic Type R engine into a FWD Mini, has anyone got any info or advice I have the engine in but need to get the steering and gears linked up. Has anyone done this or know how to allign these?

#31 ·
Hi
Still having the problem with linking the steering cannot get it linked up and have tried all the site info's and can get notn on it.
Would you have any idea and if you do would it be possible for me to give you a call if you wouldn't mind that is.

Regards
Finbarr

#32 ·
Can you describe in more detail by what you mean by "linking" the steering? You mean connecting one brand of steering shaft to a different brand of rack? Or, do you mean "linking" the ends of a different rack onto the Mini uprights?

#35 ·
right now what rack are you using iff you are using the mini one with rover metro hubs it wont work because off the angle of the steering arms i used a metro steering rack and welded a metro steering nuckle on bottom of mini steering colum only problem is that you have to relocate the hole where rack comes through iff u look at floor pan on the top right theres a carpet clip this is where you drill new hole ile try and post pics but ime a bit rubbish at doin it :up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.