Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Project 1980 Austin Mini AWD K24/K20 NA or FI

8K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  2tonedc5 
#1 ·
Well it is finally in my posession and i am now starting to research my options with how i am going to build this beast. I know for sure that i will be using Mini Techs MTK front sub frame and the AWD rear sub frame. I also will be buying all the materials from their site except the entire drive train, maybe the front end(I want a clubman), and of course all the little things. I am interested in purchasing products from ABS motorsports but i am not sure as of now. I figure I would write all this down and then when I am eventually done, I can actually see what I wanted to do and what I did.
Evo carbon fiber dash.
Carbon fiber clubman front end (one piece).
etc.....
Here are some pictures of the cars current state....

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Car-part.com has quite a few salvage listings, but I picked up my transmission/ transfer gears from the FS section of this site.

You may want to post in the WTB section, as this is not a part most people list because not many people want it(it will not fit the normal k swap mounts)

Look forward to seeing more progress, this thing is going to be a beast. I think a built NA motor will be all that little chassis can handle, but I have seen crazier things...:D

#9 ·
I love seeing threads like this.

This was the project prospect that got me thinking about modding Hondas, really. My thoughts are yours precisely....Honda power in something so small and nimble.....that thing will be insane.

This car will be the epitome of power to weight ratio.

I'm jealous. As all hell.

Maybe you'll have more luck up in Northern LA than I do down here in Southern LA as far as junkyards go. I know alot of guys here that make the trek to Austin, TX for some good yards/parts...if for nothing else the simple fact that they're not corroded all to hell like the places closer to the coast are.

Definitely keep us posted, dude and good luck!!

#16 ·
Thanks gus. As of now I am just waiting on some of the funds to get it started. I'm hoping by Feb to have most of the parts I need to get it rolling. By the summer hopefully have a motor in it. I'll keep it updated as soon as I make the first order. Any advice or donations :silly: would be great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.