Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Base RSX axles work for Crx

111K views 183 replies 85 participants last post by  jusabase 
#1 ·
Im using hasport mounts and i bought base model RSX axles and they are a straight fit. put them in put the car back on the ground with out the axle nut and the axle pushes in an inch so the end of the axle is flush with the outter rim and then comes back out. **For both sides. What a save!!! No stupid dss hasle bullcrap. Cant wait for some Kragen rebuilt oem ones..

#62 ·
anymore info on this setup? how well does it work? compared to the RSX-Base and EP3? what is the best way to go as far as performance and reliability?

i'm not at all worried about the work involved in the above mentioned method.

#7 ·
Does anyone know what kind of whp the base rsx axles can handle?

If they are manufactured the same way as the Type 'S' & Type 'R' then I would say it's safe to assume they can handle 200 whp minimum. Basically I'm asking this in order to determine which axles to go with for a 200+ whp K motor, OEM base RSX axles or some DSS/Haport Stage 2's (stage 1's are not sufficient)?

#13 ·
Correct.. however like that one guy said he's using kaxle with b outters and his is working fine so i dont understand that.

but yea straigt swap out, with the car on the floor and the axle nut off you can push the axle in so it is flush with the rim surface... nice fit if u ask me.

#18 ·
Its 100 percent in my car... i dont know about yours because i hear other people are using kseries with B outters which makes no sense becasue those didnt work in my crx. I have an 89 DX crx. with hasport mounts.

I have even tried ep3 axles which also work and are a little bit shorter, the ep3 i bought brand new from Kragen*rebuilt but i noticed those had the bigger and heavier Inners and outters. The base RSX axles i got from the wrecking yard are tiny compared. i saved about 5-9 pounds using the base axles alone. and we all know 5-9 pounds off of the flywheel or rotational weight is ALOT. i'll get some pictures today if i can because my engine is out of the car right now having a new tranny put in and i should be finishing up today. i'll snap the axle fitment and size comparison.

#20 ·
o yea plenty!! they are stronger then that DSS crap and i bet dss weighs more too. i thought i took some pictures of the axle but theyre not on the camera.

The first two are passenger side and the last are driver. The car is on the ground and is at stock height. as u can see the driverside goes in a little more then the passenger .25-.5 more. but still very ideal, driverside more ideal than pass. i was going to take some shots from the engine bay on axle fitment but completely forgot, will do tomorrow if i remember.

Attachments

#25 ·
Affiliatedx3 said:
i know a guy who has great luck with the lifetime warranty provided by Kragen axles
Yeah they will work but they wont last. You have experience with Kragen axles? I know a gang of people that used Kragen axles for their B swaps, broken with a month. You can go ahead and go for Kragen axles and swap them out everytime you break them. I rather spend a lil more and be on the safe side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.