Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Mixwell's attempt to K24 an AP1

62K views 360 replies 42 participants last post by  LotusElise 
#1 · (Edited)
EK24a2. Meh. Was fun, really fun. Now moving on. Waiting on a guy to purchase my shell after he does his taxes, and that should pay for most of the parts I need to get this done.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Performance car Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Hood

Here is the s2000 (2002)

Just got the carbon fiber roof. Need to take it back off and strip the soft top and frame and motors (90 pounds worth of shit I hear and the top weighs 26ish).

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Honda s2000

Found a Berks UHV Dual Exhaust. Should be here soon.

Exhaust system Auto part Pipe Automotive exhaust Muffler

Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Spoke Auto part

I won a set of brake rotors from www.r1concepts.com on Facebook on Friday...

MAD PROPS TO R1CONCEPTS!

www.r1concepts.com
www.facebook.com/r1concepts

That's it for now.

See less See more
#77 ·
TracTuff just sent you a partial refund of $24.99 USD for your purchase.

If you have any questions about this refund, please contact TracTuff.

The refund will go to your PayPal account.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
i'm a little annoyed right now. LOL. hopefully AFH has some in stock.

#80 ·
i have the rear end completed. this ford 8.8 rear end is going to be nasty.

i have misplaced the engine to transmission bolts... need to order them. getting the chassis towed to the shop by next weekend, and having them drop in the motor because i don't want to drop the subframe in my garage.

finally finishing up the hard part. ready to get rolling so i can design the plate for the rotrex. i see some of the kmiatas going. they may be interested in this plate too...

#81 ·
so innovative folded the brackets backwards after machining. i was going nuts trying to figure out wtf was going on. LOL

now waiting for 2nrs of springfield (whom has great customer service) to hear back from innovative.

as you can see:

#87 ·
Thanks, finally got off my lazy ass lol.

Intake manifold looks like a B series, nice progress.
b series throttle body is the same as s2000 f series.

it's actually an RBC. cut at the runners and flipped. (see this article: http://motormavens.com/2011/05/garage-life-jsp-fab-k24-powered-ae86-rebuild/)

i then milled the k series inlet face perpendicular to the other face and welded a b series spacer to clear the idler pulley if i decide to keep AC. (AC is another issue i'm sorting out.)

#90 ·
Dear honda family,

I have AC now.

Also, went back to an s2000 intake manifold. Boring out to 70mm. Everything in red is going to be gone. Just having a 45 degree bevel done and doing the rest by hand. The runner closest to the intake is very close. Straight through on most of it except by the runner. More pics on that later when the machinist at my shop has time to do it between jobs.

I really want a ktuned 80mm lol. I'm jelly of childstar's throttle body. Maybe I can get two blank plates and mill them myself from 80 to 70 mm tapered. Just a thought....

#95 ·

First, the front mount.

Second, the ballade kit centers the engine to close to the driver's side to even consider AC.

Third, the adaptor plate sucks.

If you just got it last week, return it now. You can see where the ballade front mount sits with the 2nr mounts.

Also, the 2nr mounts are in the oem location vs the ballade mounts, which looks a hell of a lot better.

Please keep in mind that you will have to dremel some of the plastic where your steering column meets the rack.

#98 ·
Haha. That was too good! And yeah, shouldn't be any issues there. I'm gonna follow your lead with the 2nrs mounts. I really like the idea of using the stock mounting positions, and I'm gonna have a buddy over to help with the install anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the help buddy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.