Boosted K20 into a SW20 - Page 3 - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 05-25-2017, 06:18 AM   #41
1badMR2

Default Re: Boosted K20 into a SW20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusElise View Post
Wow, engine and chassis marriage already done, man . May I lost this while reading, but what causes the relocation kit demand for the starter?

Great work, beside having kids alone, my respect for your hard working! I am looking forward to see how the engine loves all the stuff.

Markus
The stock location for the starter on the MR2 is on the tranny and the Hux kit uses the 3sgte flywheel. I guess it was easier to just fab a flywheel adapter than using the k20 flywheel and clutch on the MR2 tranny.

I did the swap in 5 weeks, I was in the garage almost everyday for a few hours in the cold to get this done while dividing my time with my daughter. Thanks to my family for helping out when they could. I was exhausted at the end and wished I could have spread the swap over a few months.
1badMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2017, 06:22 AM   #42
1badMR2

Also the tuning shop has explained to me that the oil filter relocation adapter (Blox) is touching the 'Lean' exhaust manifold.
Can anyone recommend a kit that has a smaller adapter?
1badMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017, 07:14 AM   #43
LotusElise
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badMR2 View Post
Can anyone recommend a kit that has a smaller adapter?
Did you see the one I use on my built therad? It is one from http://www.mocal.co.uk/products.html.

Markus
LotusElise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message