Best DD turbo kit for TSX?? - Page 2 - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Old 08-27-2012, 02:10 AM   #21
Vaikis_
K20a.org Basic User

Default Re: Best DD turbo kit for TSX??

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebo View Post
Nah , it would be welded top mount like afi .
in tsx forum it's written:
The kit consists of the following:
FAB-WORX Cast Manifold
Vaikis_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 02:49 AM   #22
littlebo
K20a.org Basic User

Dude , he is custom fabricator , he can weld you anything you ask, even steel nuts if you wanna be a cool guy )
littlebo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #23
jon v
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnbk1 View Post
NICE, i am actually picking up a rev hard kit.
think about what you are saying here. educated people are saying that some portions of this safety device are in direct conflict with this little thing called physics and you are willing to ignore that simply because of the cage builders reputation? that sounds like religion to me. welcome to the church of fanboyology.
jon v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #24
Vaikis_
K20a.org Basic User

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebo View Post
Dude , he is custom fabricator , he can weld you anything you ask, even steel nuts if you wanna be a cool guy )
I believe FAB-WORX is dead now
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83587&page=4
Vaikis_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #25
SmashBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGoose View Post
i didnt say supercharger. I said Rotrex.
I just thought the Rotrex is safer because if your engine happens to have any metal shavings in it the Rotrex will never see it since it uses separate oil lines as well as an oil cooler. On a hot day your car will not have to work as hard to cool the enigne due to the turbo heating up the oil significantly after a few hard pulls So the Rotrex will run cooler with less stress on the engine trying to cool the oil.

-Ive never heard of anyone over boosting a Rotrex and blowing their engine even though im sure it could happen.

-The Rotrex is versatile on what compression it makes power with. It dosent necessarily have to be low compression and even high compression is fine.

-A turbo setup with a good tune still has the potential to break axels and other parts because because of the huge power increase between vacuum and full boost.

-Traction will also be much more manageable with the Rotrex.

what do you think Jaydee?
I'm not usually one to bash on somebody on line, but you're spouting incorrect information and possibly misleading people that are looking for actual good info.

EVERYTHING you said here is wrong.
SmashBack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #26
irvingr17

So does anyone have any other companies they'd recommend? Looking to see how much I'd need to get my 2005 tsx boosted the down part is its automatic but I'm not looking for crazy boost just enough to feel more power and shut my cousins up lol
irvingr17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2014, 11:31 PM   #27
Accordk24
K20a.org Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvingr17 View Post
So does anyone have any other companies they'd recommend? Looking to see how much I'd need to get my 2005 tsx boosted the down part is its automatic but I'm not looking for crazy boost just enough to feel more power and shut my cousins up lol
I'd Rotrex it personally, 10psi of boost should see you to 350bhp give or take.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:24 AM   #28
7thgencm7

im using a cxracing half kit made for a tsx on my accord. pretty cost effective and good for a low boost daily. my accord is my daily afterall.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:25 AM   #29
7thgencm7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accordk24 View Post
I'd Rotrex it personally, 10psi of boost should see you to 350bhp give or take.
and a rotrex would be easier on your trans seeing as there is a liner boost map as opposed to a turbo.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:12 AM   #30
Accordk24
K20a.org Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgencm7 View Post
im using a cxracing half kit made for a tsx on my accord. pretty cost effective and good for a low boost daily. my accord is my daily afterall.
I had a friend show me one of these CXRacing kits the other day. What are the turbos like? quality etc.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:19 AM   #31
7thgencm7

good looking turbos. balanced on both sides. 50mm trim. t04e turbo. its a good jb turbo. oil cooled/air cooled so im gonna run a turbo timer but other than that its a good solid product.

Attachment 49361

i only got the half kit because im broke but its pretty solid.

Last edited by 7thgencm7; 05-30-2014 at 05:15 AM..
7thgencm7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2014, 01:28 AM   #32
Accordk24
K20a.org Advanced User

Attachment 49361

i only got the half kit because im broke but its pretty solid.[/QUOTE]

That actually looks suprisingly good, especially for the price.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:39 AM   #33
7thgencm7

Quote:
Attachment 49361

i only got the half kit because im broke but its pretty solid.
That actually looks suprisingly good, especially for the price.[/QUOTE]

yea the half kit i got comes with the turbo, 3"downpipe w/ flange to mount to the exhaust (you have to weld the flange on), oil feed and drain lines (stainless), 38mm wastegate w/ a spring set to 8psi. cast turbo manifold, bung for your oil pan (its made to just drill a hole in your pan and u mount the bung with a nut on the back so there is no tapping or welding on your oil pan), restrictor plate in the oil feed but its also threaded if u wanna get a fitting of your own, comes with all gaskets other than wastegate. there are a couple drawbacks tho. doesn't come with the studs to mount the downpipe on the turbo. also doesn't have the studs to mount the turbo on the manifold. but for $500 ill thake the trip to home depot and get some bolts. also only comes with 2 of the bolts to mount the oil feed on the core so u need to grap a couple bolts if you run the restrictor plate. it does have a couple new bolts for you to mount ur downpipe to the rest of your exhaust tho.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:43 AM   #34
Accordk24
K20a.org Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgencm7 View Post
That actually looks suprisingly good, especially for the price.
yea the half kit i got comes with the turbo, 3"downpipe w/ flange to mount to the exhaust (you have to weld the flange on), oil feed and drain lines (stainless), 38mm wastegate w/ a spring set to 8psi. cast turbo manifold, bung for your oil pan (its made to just drill a hole in your pan and u mount the bung with a nut on the back so there is no tapping or welding on your oil pan), restrictor plate in the oil feed but its also threaded if u wanna get a fitting of your own, comes with all gaskets other than wastegate. there are a couple drawbacks tho. doesn't come with the studs to mount the downpipe on the turbo. also doesn't have the studs to mount the turbo on the manifold. but for $500 ill thake the trip to home depot and get some bolts. also only comes with 2 of the bolts to mount the oil feed on the core so u need to grap a couple bolts if you run the restrictor plate. it does have a couple new bolts for you to mount ur downpipe to the rest of your exhaust tho.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i just spoke to my friend over here at Hond-R, and his work partner has just got the kit for his Stream. He said the kits actually good quality, but hed recoommend a better turbo.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:01 AM   #35
7thgencm7

Quote:
yea the half kit i got comes with the turbo, 3"downpipe w/ flange to mount to the exhaust (you have to weld the flange on), oil feed and drain lines (stainless), 38mm wastegate w/ a spring set to 8psi. cast turbo manifold, bung for your oil pan (its made to just drill a hole in your pan and u mount the bung with a nut on the back so there is no tapping or welding on your oil pan), restrictor plate in the oil feed but its also threaded if u wanna get a fitting of your own, comes with all gaskets other than wastegate. there are a couple drawbacks tho. doesn't come with the studs to mount the downpipe on the turbo. also doesn't have the studs to mount the turbo on the manifold. but for $500 ill thake the trip to home depot and get some bolts. also only comes with 2 of the bolts to mount the oil feed on the core so u need to grap a couple bolts if you run the restrictor plate. it does have a couple new bolts for you to mount ur downpipe to the rest of your exhaust tho.
Yeah i just spoke to my friend over here at Hond-R, and his work partner has just got the kit for his Stream. He said the kits actually good quality, but hed recoommend a better turbo.[/QUOTE]

yea im not gonna run more than 13psi on this turbo. id like a turbonetics or precision turbo to replace it. but for now this is a good setup for my build of 350-400hp on a k24a4 so for a tsx less boost would be needed therefore less hazards when tuning and daily driving.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:27 PM   #36
Castillo183

Good Evening Guys,

I actually new on the forums. I actually came across this thread while I was doing some research on setting up a turbo setup on a TSX. One of my question is I am interested in doing a turbo setup on my TSX, but I don't know who would be the person to talk to here in NYC. I know it there would be a expensive project, but I decided to tune the car and own it for couple of years than move forward with another car purchase. Any help would greatly appreciated.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:45 AM   #37
malkolm666
Lifetime Member

In not in NYC. But Im happy to help if you still need any help.
Vouches: tedk20, 2000EK4, Asse, Junior 7, jdm94civic, bysk24, k20sean, Al.BrEeZy, naudlee, jesnuts83, SchueString Racing, cstyleaccord, abel, Trevdog, baddrummerboyy, Jas9848, Alex_CTR, Jaydee, ProcessRacing, K20R EG6,
malkolm666 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2017, 10:32 PM   #38
Castillo183

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkolm666 View Post
Yea.. I am still doing some research on different type of application that they are currently doing to the k24a2. I am still trying to figure if I want to get a sidewinder turbo.

Thanks,
Old 05-16-2017, 07:57 AM   #39
Accordk24
K20a.org Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkolm666 View Post
Yoo Malkolm, Are you on Facebook?
Old 05-16-2017, 08:30 PM   #40
malkolm666
Lifetime Member

Yo, yes I am. Malkolm Roth
Vouches: tedk20, 2000EK4, Asse, Junior 7, jdm94civic, bysk24, k20sean, Al.BrEeZy, naudlee, jesnuts83, SchueString Racing, cstyleaccord, abel, Trevdog, baddrummerboyy, Jas9848, Alex_CTR, Jaydee, ProcessRacing, K20R EG6,
malkolm666 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message